Mundane thread

42,101 to 42,120 of 49,393 messages
gingerfurball    pirate
24/01/2013 at 13:27

Afternoon all - I've been to the haircut shop *swish* - "natural highlights" seen to and I am resolutely ginger again

((D and Mousey))

I'm having a ham and cheese salad for luch...

We're off to that England tomorrow for a working weekend...it's a bit of R and R for me and MrGFB is teaching Saturday and Sunday. 

24/01/2013 at 13:41

Looking good there GFB  I'll make sure I wave to you when you land. I'm sure you'll see me  ;)

My car has passed it's MOT, with only one advisory. Woo hoo!!

24/01/2013 at 13:45

do you fly into Liverpool GFB?

Good news Sarah, I though the Tardis had taken a knock till you explained

gingerfurball    pirate
24/01/2013 at 13:54

Into Manchester MrP - and then off to Bury.

24/01/2013 at 13:55

You won't be too far from several Mundanies GFB! 

Mr. P - odd question. Do you know of any companies that do printed ceramics?

24/01/2013 at 14:02

Wait one...

24/01/2013 at 15:08

We have used One Stop Promotions for mugd and plates.

What do you want? I buy boxes from a comapny that supplies most of the pottery companies around Stoke on trent so I can find out.

gingerfurball    pirate
24/01/2013 at 19:38

Ok - dumb alert....I was all pleased that we would be home early Sunday night...flight leaves Manchester 21.25 - so I kept saying to MrGFB...flight leaves at 7.25 - we'll be home by 10.00 or there abouts...durr!!!  So we hang around the airport for aprox 3 hours and probably get home around midnight...ah well at least we're off Monday.

24/01/2013 at 20:00
Glad to hear your wife is doing well Tommy, gentle hugs to you both and to Mousey and D

I have an interview tomorrow ... not so worried about the question and answer bit, but I ahve 30 mins when I get there to do a task and then present it to panel - eek!
24/01/2013 at 20:30

Good luck with the interview B

Just been sliding around on a 7 miler out there. I'm supposedly doing a 5/20/10K off road duathlon on Saturday in Maidenhead, but the forecast is looking terrible. I have also noticed that there are only 35 entries for the race, plus another 30 for the 5/10/5K sprint version. That could end up being a very small turnout indeed if it snows as promised!

24/01/2013 at 20:35

Ooh! Good luck B - what's the interview for?

That 24 hour clock can be a tricky nemesis sometimes GFB

Mr.P - I'd like to get some plates printed. I've tried googling and am having no joy, so if you know of anywhere that would be brilliant, thank

I got promoted today

24/01/2013 at 20:53
One stop don't do plates, but I googled and found ceramicCards.co.uk.

The girl I need to speak to is on maternity leave but I might catch her tomorrow.
24/01/2013 at 21:28

Well done on the promotion Sarah.

Passes GFB a calculator.

Good luck with the interview B.

Hoping all goes well for Mrs. TG.  I think D is really needing the support at the moment. He is getting a lot of help from the MacMillan Nurse.

24/01/2013 at 21:51

Congrats on the promotion Sarah The interview is for a training post within a charity. I am used to having to prepare a presentation before an interview, but I have never been faced with an unknown task ... oh well, it's the same for everyone

24/01/2013 at 21:51

Sorry if my post was a bit thoughtless yesterday Mouse.  I appreciate that every body is different in these circumstances and her cancer is a different form to D's.  She is also a damn determined girl who just will not listen to medical advice to rest and insists on pushing herslef mentally and physically to the limits.

I've eaten dinner and I'm still hungry

24/01/2013 at 23:15
fros t. the mouse wrote (see)

I think D is really needing the support at the moment. He is getting a lot of help from the MacMillan Nurse. 

If there's anything I can do to help Mouse, let me know

What did you eat Caz?

Good luck B, I'm sure you'll be fab whatever the task turns out to be - it shouldn't be anything that's not part of the job, so you should be fine!

Ta for the company name Mr. P

24/01/2013 at 23:38

No Caz, I wasn't having a dig at you, only D who always refused to do anything remotly physical or healthy. He didn't like pushing himself or dealing with the pain of effort. He was never prepared to attempt to give up smoking. I do feel angry with him for not putting up a fight. I know his cancer is advanced but he just appears to have accepted that his life has been cut short and that's it. Just getting him to deal with the pain has been a battle.

gingerfurball    pirate
25/01/2013 at 09:14
Morning all ((hugs to mousey))

Well done Bookie!

Good luck B.

Cos we're off today we're currently lying on bed watching the Murray match.
25/01/2013 at 10:32
Morning!
Working in a female dominated environment has today resulted on the oogling of fit men. And that's fit in the traditional and modern sense of the word
25/01/2013 at 10:50

Fit is fit in my book Sarah.

I appear to be faceless today.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.