Mundane thread

42,121 to 42,140 of 49,821 messages
25/01/2013 at 11:19

Morning all.

Congrats Bookie, good luck B hugs ((Mouse))

I feel a bit  No idea why. I hope it passes.

Edited: 25/01/2013 at 11:20
25/01/2013 at 14:33

It's ok, you can come out now, feeling has gone again. 

25/01/2013 at 15:14

((((Mouse))))

Bookie, last nights dinner was rice with leeks, carrots and mushrooms in a tomato sauce.  I had the rest today for lunch, with some chocolate added as I was still hungry.

I've had an argument at work with someone who insists that I can't have a combi boiler in my house as it is impossible to bleed the radiators with one.  She is more prepared to believe that I have a hot and cold water tank squirrelled away in my house that I have never noticed before than that I have successfully bled the radiators every year for 8 years.

25/01/2013 at 16:41
Thank you for all the good wishes. It went well, I had 30 mins to prepare a presentation on how I would deal with three different tricky situations within a training course - I quite enjoyed it! So I feel I did my best and if someone else is better suiited to the job then nothing I can do about that and so be it...

Hugs to you Mousey, do ensure you look after yourself too, don't Macmillan offer you someone you can talk to? It may help ... though of course we are here too for listening and hugs xx
25/01/2013 at 19:04

Sounds like you have a good chance there B.

I'm sewing fruit onto a headband.

25/01/2013 at 19:07

Carmen Miranda? 

Good luck B. It does sounds like you're feeling confident about it - I hope you're successful!

No one came to my clinic this afternoon 

25/01/2013 at 19:33

You're getting the idea Bookie.

Surely thats good that nobody came to the clinic.  It means that nobody needs help and everyone is well

25/01/2013 at 19:43

Optomistic there, Caz - not good for business though.

Carmen Miranda wouldn't have needed any dietary advice - she always had a fine selection of healthy fresh fruit right on top of her head.

25/01/2013 at 19:47

Mine isn't fresh and it isn't healthy.  Mainly sugar.

25/01/2013 at 19:51

It's like when I buy chocolate covered raisins.  I'm being really good eating healthy raisins.  Just have to eat chocolate to get to them.  It's not my fault somebody went and covered them in chocolate.

25/01/2013 at 20:00

I like Chocolate Brazils :0

25/01/2013 at 20:01

These aren't supposed to be eaten.  They are decorative only.  There will probably be pictures on FB tomorrow.  I might post a couple on here on Sunday if there are any I like

25/01/2013 at 20:12

I'm got blinking man-flu again. So frustrated as we were going to see MummyKJ on Sunday and now can't go because of the chemo & her immune system being stuffed.

Good news that D is getting some support from Macmillan Mouse, how's he doing now?

When will you hear about the job B?

25/01/2013 at 20:47
They said Tuesday or Wednesday KJ ..
Boo to the man-flu I hope it clears off soon
26/01/2013 at 07:32

Morning

*passes a big slug of echinacea to KJ*

Wahoo on the promotion Bookie, especially so quickly   I could ask Richard the t-shirt man if he can recommend anywhere for plate printing if you like?

(((Mouse))) I wish I could do something of some use rather than typing brackets.

Fingers crossed, B

Saturday at last   *flump*.  Working all the hours God sends at the moment so I rarely get to stick my head through the door, but things are getting better on the work front.  The boss sat me down and told me that he realises there is far too much for one person to do, so told me to just prioritise, do the best I can, and don't be afraid to tell people to bugger off.  It's really taken off a lot of the pressure.

Edited: 26/01/2013 at 07:44
26/01/2013 at 08:57

I still haven't got a head.

26/01/2013 at 09:58

Anne Boleyn Mouse.

Right I've washed up, run, I'm going for a shower, then it's Bacon Butty time I've got two packets of proper bacon not the rubbish Mrs P buys, and some rescue eggs from a girl at work's hens.

26/01/2013 at 10:00
I am glad your boss is being reasonable Hash ... it's not right to expect you to do more than one person's job

The sun is out
26/01/2013 at 10:31

Sorry Hash, missed the being able to tell folk to bugger off bit. That sounds positive.

I need to go for a run but been soting insurance. Now I'm trying to figure out what all D's DD's are for? too many to be useful.

right - not going to sit here any more - do stuff.

26/01/2013 at 11:15

Feeling pretty glum and sore here - my first EVER DNF this morning - F3 Duathlon - I binned the bike on ice on the first of 4 laps of a stupid route round muddy fields and icy tracks. I wasn't prepared to remount, especially as the ride was slower than the run. Ouch my hip hurts. And my neck. And thumb. And pride

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.