Mundane thread

42,181 to 42,200 of 49,419 messages
28/01/2013 at 13:39

Wahoo B that's brilliant news, fantastic!   So pleased for you.

Blouse phoned.  The interview went well, in that he had no problem with any of the technical stuff, and he already knows the people well and gets on with them.  The bad news is that they told him they'd be pegging the salary at the lowest end of the scale and he told them he'd have a problem with that.  Good on him for his honesty but right now I could sit in the middle of the floor and comfort-eat an entire chocolate cake with a spoon, swigging from a bottle of red wine to wash it down. 

In practice I'll knuckle down and carry on at my desk. 

28/01/2013 at 13:48

Well done B. So have you accepted? Tell us all about it.

D has the community nurse comming around on Weds, I think I may need to find a sare chair and do some tidying up, a bomb hit the front room on Sat.

Fingers crossed for Blouse.

I appear to have a new head.

28/01/2013 at 13:49

(((B))) Excellent result, well done you

(((Hash))) Well done your man there, be great if they can raise their offer a little and make it work for all of you.

gingerfurball    pirate
28/01/2013 at 15:14
Afternoon all. Back from Bury...we just got out of the airport and down the road before all the snow mayhem!! And back home safely late last night.

I'm wearing a BP monitor for 24 hours. It's a pain in the arse (well arm but you know what I mean).

I haven't read back. Hope you're all well x
28/01/2013 at 16:32

Nice one B    So what's the job and are you accepting it?

Fingers crossed for Blouse 

28/01/2013 at 17:44
Thanks It's a training job within a charity. There's still a bit more discussion needed about hours and locations. The job as advertised was for 10 hours in Kent and 20 hours in Oxfordshire, or job share. I only applied for Kent as Oxfordshire is too far for me to work other than for delivering the odd course here and there as it's about 3 hours drive each way. So ... she will offer me just Kent. but really wants to use me for more than that so is looking at other options in view of staff covering other areas and I do some nearer me maybe Essex (still quite a way). Will speak to her again tomorrow and see what the options are ... at the moment I think my oreference is to just go for the Kent bit as I don't want to commit to lots if travel ...
28/01/2013 at 18:41
Brilliant stuff B that's really positive. If they're willing to change things to suit, you must have blown their socks off at the interview.

The big boss who very rarely has any contact with the staff called Blouse in to discuss salaries and explained that there's no room for negotiation. So there we go. On the plus side it means they would probably have offered him the job if he'd been willing to work for a salary that's way below market rate (even in this market). He'd have had a feeling of "is this all I'm worth", which soinds like a recipe for a mid-life crisis, and once he'd taken a job at that salary he'd have pigeon-holed himself so it would be very hard to get back to where he was.

He's doing the best he can on the basis of the info available, but we so wish things were different. Off out for a glum curry.
28/01/2013 at 21:01
Hash wrote (see)
KJ what happened with your sister?

Long story, I forget that she's quite self-absorbed most of the time, but to give her credit she really has stepped up to the mark with mum being ill so I'm biting my tongue. Very hard!

So sorry that Blouse is being offered rubbish money, that must be really demoralising for him. Any news from the recruitment consultant?

Fab news on the role B, hope you can make it work with travelling and things.

I had a bit of a mummy fail today, I was that mummy that other people look at and either pity or are glad isn't them.

28/01/2013 at 21:09

I am the original Crap Dad don't worry (())

28/01/2013 at 21:35

I'm tired.  I read back but now can't remember anything other that that hugs are required, so I'll leave a pile next to the coffee pot.

I've got a few things to do and then I'm going to a very welcome bed

28/01/2013 at 21:36

Oh, and I've heard from Towner.  He's got an awful lot going on which is why he isn't getting on here at the moment.

28/01/2013 at 22:04

(((Blouse and Hash))) Crappy news How can they get away with paying so far below the going rate? ((((more hugs))))

(((KJ))) I don't believe for a moment there was a mummy fail Did you get my message on Facebook by the way?

Good luck with the heart rate monitor GFB (((hugs)))

I've been asked to deliver a session in front of my manager's manager's manager, who has say over the commissioning of the service. No pressure there then...

29/01/2013 at 05:36

(((hash))) Yay again for Blouse, I hate the 'race to the bottom' stuff, good that he didn't let them take him there.

(((KJ))) Just 'cos

(((Mundanies))) I've boiled the water, washed the cups, and replenished the coffee and Twinings collection - please help yourselves to a morning cuppa.

29/01/2013 at 05:51
Ta everyone x

*slurp*

Morning DS, lovely cuppa
29/01/2013 at 08:53

Morning 

Is it February yet? January should be banned.

29/01/2013 at 09:13

+1 to that, Saffy

*waves to everyone*

Been lurking - snowed under (sadly not literally) with work. Still here, though

29/01/2013 at 09:23

*nods at the Saffy's wise words*  January has been a bit challenging this year.

(((Frodo))) 

gingerfurball    pirate
29/01/2013 at 09:35

Morning all - ((Hash and Blouse)) and ((KJ)) - cos being a mummy is blinking hard work at times.

((everyone else))

BP monitor still on - going off eevery half hour through the day and every hour at night - ah well I get rid of it at lunchtime today 

In work news - we're back after the weekend away and I have 39 messages on the answering machine - I don't know where to start 

29/01/2013 at 19:14

Was this an entire day so mundane that no one could motivate themselves to talk about it? Or... heaven forbid, too exciting for mundane happenings?

My new job involves talking about cheese on a regular basis

29/01/2013 at 20:18
Saffy Sweety Pea wrote (see)

Morning 

Is it February yet? January should be banned.

Please can we have tomorrow? I have a pile of presents all for me just waiting to be opened.

No message Bookie, I've just checked FB.

Thank you for the hugs everyone, you are such a lovely lot. I feel most hugged and warm.

((Frodo))
*Waves to Towner* - wherever he is too.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.