Mundane thread

42,441 to 42,460 of 49,297 messages
11/02/2013 at 16:11
I'm developing an addiction to hot water with fresh lemon and root ginger - happy to share?
11/02/2013 at 16:11

That made me laugh TDS

11/02/2013 at 17:57

*waves to SOLB*

Great news GFB 

11/02/2013 at 18:27

Very good news GFB. An excuse to get the balloons out and have a party.

Went to see D's mother today. She nattered on 19 to the dozen about goodness knows what, lots of new words thrown in for good measure but nothing as funny as 'buggery posts' today.

11/02/2013 at 20:04
Great news for your brother gfb
I don't have any pinking shears though I have used some in the past - an excellent conversation for the mundane thread
11/02/2013 at 20:33
by 'eck, it's hilly wrote (see)
In fabric, yes. How do you know that Mr P?

My Grandmother's sister was a tailoress and I used to go to the shop and be given a piece of tailor's chalk and some pinking shears.  I put my hand behind a cupboard once and a mousetrap snapped shut on my finger.

it is long gone now of course, but the Undertakers is still there...

My Great aunt would be turning in her grave...

11/02/2013 at 20:36
Must have been a vicious mouse trap
11/02/2013 at 20:52
Good for your brother GFB.

My armpits are a bit sweaty today. Been for a run. 7.5miles. Trying to get down to a 7min/mile average for a quick run but not quite there yet. I was thinking of something and it's completely gone out of my head. Oh yes, have a blister on the end of one of my toes. I have very long toes. And fingers. The whole family does. We're like a bunch of those Madagascan Aye Ayes. If they came from Newcastle would they be called Waye Ayes? I digress. The toe next to my big toe is slightly longer than my big toe. The end is blistered. But I have utilised toe hat.
11/02/2013 at 21:20

Waye aye!

You have a Greek Foot JT!

*waves to everyone*

I can't remember what I've just read - it's been a long day! (((hugs everyone)))

There are penguins on the telly. I love penguins

11/02/2013 at 21:26

hi you lot.... having a bit of a testing time at the moment, not forgotton you, just dont have anything to say... hope everyones well..

lots of love.

11/02/2013 at 21:27

Oh towner, wait!!!!!!!!!!!! come here! (((((towner)))))

12/02/2013 at 00:57
Bed time. Yes it's bed time. It really is time for bed. Thanks bookie, it turns out I do have a Greek Foot. Although not very pronounced. An internet search throws up some right horrible looking examples. Does this mean I get dual nationality on my passport? Oh it's bed time.

Probably morning before anyone reads this. Hello. I'm not up yet.
12/02/2013 at 05:57

Hello.  I am, but I was in bed when you wrote that. 

DS was and is too, probably

Edited: 12/02/2013 at 06:00
12/02/2013 at 06:01

Today I shall mosly be unpredictable and mysterious.

*potters off towards the kettle*

12/02/2013 at 07:35

*waves to the unpredictable and mysterious Hash*  yes, I was up and out to go swimming at just after 6am

Well I say swimming, I splashed, gurgled, thought quite a lot that breathing might come in handy, and then gurgled some more.   I'm definitely getting better, I only used to be able to gurgle once.

Good morning Mundanies, and while I look for my teacup, a special wave to our dear Mundanies in lurking mode at the moment.

12/02/2013 at 09:07
Morning
*waves to Towner*
to getting better and swimming and gurgling
My hair is getting cut this afternoon ... it really needs it!
12/02/2013 at 09:33

Good Morning. Excellent gurgling DS. I want to go swimbling today but I fear it is school holidays.

I had a most mundane dream, about doing the laundry.

gingerfurball    pirate
12/02/2013 at 10:01

Morning all - ((Towner))

We went up the country last night for a bike fit for MrGFB (50 miles on twisty country roads - we had to be there for 8.00) I have to say the bloke was very conscientious and we didn't get to leave until 10.50 ) problem was that we were going to get petrol on our way back as we were low - the red light came on 20 miles from home...and you know what - there was not ONE petrol or service station home on the way!!  We cruised in on fumes!!  How far can you get on the red light anyway!?

(Ps - just on a side note - we're making a fortune out of all these boot camps that are springing up everywhere!!  So many injuries!!)

12/02/2013 at 10:58

Morning!

There's never a petrol station when you need one the most, is there? I had a similar problem when driving down to Devon - passed a few, but they were all closed!

*waves to lurking mundanies and dishes out hugs to all who need/want them*

*ponders on the elusive and mysterious Hash* I wonder if she's joined MI5...

Well gurgled there DS Are you enjoying it yet, or is enjoyment a gurgle too far at this stage? (((DS)))

I dreamt about someone playing hockey, using those round chocolate mints as pucks...

Two patients have DNA'd this morning. Humbug.

12/02/2013 at 11:53
sarah the bookworm wrote (see)
Well gurgled there DS Are you enjoying it yet, or is enjoyment a gurgle too far at this stage? (((DS)))

*waves to lovely Bookie*

I enjoy moments, but when it comes to swimming it seems like I'm in the young Peter Ustinov stage.  That is to say I set myself very low standards which I then fail to achieve.

Edited: 12/02/2013 at 11:54
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.