Mundane thread

42,561 to 42,580 of 49,628 messages
17/02/2013 at 08:12
Springsteen does...Eat Some Philadelphia...

Funnily enough Hash when I see your pic on FB I see the cover of Ziggurat Stardust fro some reason.
17/02/2013 at 08:15

(((Mundanies)))

(((Hash))) Rotten luck about the beanie, hopefully it's in a coat pocket somewhere. Great thinking on the Bowie song title

I've just popped in to say I've just started to try again and learn to ride my bike ready for the tri.  For my first session, I did a 12 miles round trip into the countryside and back.  I now have something that I may actually do worse than my swimming, which I hadn't thought technically possible.

17/02/2013 at 08:29
Mr Puffy wrote (see)
Springsteen does...Eat Some Philadelphia...

Funnily enough Hash when I see your pic on FB I see the cover of Ziggurat Stardust fro some reason.

thanks Apple.

17/02/2013 at 19:35

Chin up (((DS)))

I've not been on my bike in months. Me and Andre have had a disagreement about how gears should work, and I'm afraid Andre is winning...

Today I have runned! It was icy and muddy and my trousers... tights? What are running bottoms called these days? Whatever they are, they kept falling down 

17/02/2013 at 20:22

Whoop and well done Bookie.  Falling down running trousers are called legwarmers

Oh feck DS you're putting a hell of a lot of pressure on yourself.  All thi is optional you know, and most of us don't do more than the stick-shoes-on-and-plod stuff. Harley has had a flat back tyre for the last six months, he reminds me pointedly every week when I go in to get straw for the girls then shut the door on him again.

Does anyone drive a Renault?  Quote from Jeremy Clarkson just now on Top Gear, it just "scampers away like a cheese-crazed sport monkey*.  A new team slogon or what?

Edited: 17/02/2013 at 20:25
17/02/2013 at 20:29

No I don't drive a Renault I push a Peugot.  Not at all pissed off, why would I be, the electrics are like the horror film Christine, it uses more fuel than the space shuttle and now doesn't want to change gear.  She's only bearable when she's topless. But I love her.

17/02/2013 at 20:54

Polly sounds a little worse for wear... 

Don't drive a Renault! I really shouldn't have, but I did chuckle. Imagine popping out for a pint of milk and that happens! It definitely scampered away like a cheese-crazed sport monkey 

Hash, I've contacted the zombie people to ask about merchandise in case you wanted a replacement. Do check pockets though. And sleeves. I've found hats in coat sleeves before...

17/02/2013 at 22:11

I'm very good a losing gloves. I have lost my fav pair of gloves so had to buy a replacement pair. Luckily, after searching real life shops, I found them online.

I have been slightly happy today, a plod in the sunshine, which i wasn't i the mood for, turned out alright, very peaceful. Then went for a walk with D before it got too cold. We walked nd talked and did a little crying. Talked a bit about the future, I feel better for involving him even tough he won't be there.

He has to go to work for one day next week, at least he has more energy at the moment.

I haven't cycled for ages, that's cos I'm not working much, cycling is my destressor. I may get out on the bike next week, seems a bit silly when D is home to go off out on my own.

17/02/2013 at 22:14
I once found a pair of my daughters knickers by the car. The cat likes carrying Washing in his mouth. I found him with socks and dishcloths in his bed.
17/02/2013 at 22:38

Fab and thanks Bookie.  I've looked everywhere I can think and several places besides, so ordering a replacement is the only sure-fire way of finding it.

Thanks and good point by 'eck, I'll have a rummage in the nest box under the girls.

(((Mouse)))  More useless brackets, but thinking of you both x

I may have been a-snoozling.  Time to scamper off to bed like a cheese-crazed somethingorother.   'Night all x

17/02/2013 at 23:50
DS, don't try a pedalo. It may explode.

Whatever it was I was thinking of saying has gone now.

Err.. Absolute Brieginners.
18/02/2013 at 05:36
Hash wrote (see)

Oh feck DS you're putting a hell of a lot of pressure on yourself.

Yeah, but I have nobody to please but myself and as much as I wish I didn't have to start from such a low base, I kinda enjoy the challenges.    

Edited: 18/02/2013 at 05:37
18/02/2013 at 05:46

sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

Chin up (((DS)))

(((Bookie)))

18/02/2013 at 07:56
I'm on the train! I used to get the train to school from here but it's half term so no Teenage Puffys annoying the commuters.
18/02/2013 at 09:14

Good Morning. Enjoy your train ride Mr. P.

I'm trying to figure out what can be hard about riding a bike? Is it just that you are using muscles that don't exist? I only ever got on the bike and peddled. I've only ever ridden bikes, never driven a car.

I like the new slogon though "scampers away like a cheese-crazed sport monkey." Can we have that on the next mundane T - bounce bounce.

18/02/2013 at 09:25
The Dawn Shadow wrote (see)
Hash wrote (see)

Oh feck DS you're putting a hell of a lot of pressure on yourself.

Yeah, but I have nobody to please but myself and as much as I wish I didn't have to start from such a low base, I kinda enjoy the challenges.    

At leat you've been out on your bike this year. Mine's still in the garage and I haven't plucked up the courage to go swimbling yet . I did however manage a bimble yesterday and it went suprisingly well, despite the nasty hills!

18/02/2013 at 10:06
My bike hasn't been ridden in at least 8 years and I can't remember the last time I swam ...
It's sunny
gingerfurball    pirate
18/02/2013 at 10:19

Morning all - had a busy, busy weekend - back to work for a rest

I haven't ridden my bike (outdoors) for 5 years  - it's now set up on the turbo in the vain promise that I'll get back on it again.  We have sicky grandchildren at the minute (vomity) - I'll give sympathy from a great distance!

I have 15 weeks to my marathon and I'd really need to get my arse in gear!!

18/02/2013 at 10:34
mrs. hog - mousey wrote (see)

I'm trying to figure out what can be hard about riding a bike? Is it just that you are using muscles that don't exist? I only ever got on the bike and peddled. I've only ever ridden bikes, never driven a car.

Hiya mousey

Yes, that's definitely part of it, I'm not very athletically built at all.  I've never had my own bike, this is my first one - although I used to borrow a 3 gear bike as a kid and happily ride no-handed down the local hill, body swerving the pot holes as kids do.

Mainly I think, this road bike just feels so differently from my memories of how cycling felt, that I kind of experienced a WTF moment when I first rode it, and since then I've struggled to embrace it, and so parked it up over winter and didn't touch it.  Now it's time to get over that, so I've just got to pay my dues, learn and practice (from silly things like finally getting my left foot in the toe cage, to skills like developing a good relationship around cadence/gear changing and riding well in traffic) - then I'll be able to give my bike a lovely friendly name, fill the drinking bottles with lashings of ginger beer and have wonderful days out in the countryside this summer. 

(((Saffy)))  Yay for bimbling despite the nasty hills.  My swimming is still pants, better than it was though and our local pool is fairly good.  I generally go for the 6.30am opening sessions, it's a very friendly atmosphere and mostly not too busy.

18/02/2013 at 13:23

I wonder what will come first... the call telling me that the Focus is never going to pass an mot or the one that says Polly's clutch is going to be sickeningly expensive to fix

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.