Mundane thread

42,921 to 42,940 of 49,320 messages
09/03/2013 at 10:06
small wrote (see)

Ooh, I have a new toothbrush. It's white and orange.

Excellent colour combination small.

09/03/2013 at 14:05

My toothbrush is orange.  At least one of them is.  I can't remember the colour of the others.

My heating appears to have stopped working

09/03/2013 at 14:11

Bad timing there, Caz.  Snow on the way.

Toothbrushes the same colours as orienteering kites (orange and white) sounds good to me.  I could venture into the bathroom every morning and shout 'found it!'.

09/03/2013 at 14:22

I still have my airbed and sleeping bag in the lounge, airing from last weekend.  The lounge has a gas fire.  I think I might camp in the lounge tonight

09/03/2013 at 14:54

Sounds like a good plan Caz What's wrong with the heating? Our landlord is signed up to a 24/7 call out plan with British Gas, so when our heating goes off (several times now!) we can call someone out. Have you got anything similar?

My current toothbrush is white and green. I have a new one though, and it's orange and white

Today I may attempt to go to the local shop. 

09/03/2013 at 14:59

I think there is a number I can call in an emergency but I'm giving the heating a chance to sort itself out first.  I've been pressing buttons and flicking switches and it sounded like it was trying to come on again.

Its been sounding a bit noisy ever since the guy serviced it in January.  Given that the boiler is about 3 foot from my bed, I have noticed how noisy it has been.

09/03/2013 at 15:05

Can it sort itself out? If there's a recurrent fault then it probably needs attention. Just for being a bit noisy, if nothing else!

A man on the rugby just had his groin sprayed 

09/03/2013 at 15:11

Not with pepper spray I hope?

I just want the heating to work until Monday when I can call up the agency.  It's the first time that it has packed up so it could be something simple like a bit of air getting into the gas line and putting the pilot light out.

I'm getting impatient to move out of this house now.  There are too many things I don't like about it and I can't change.  I want my own place *stamps foot*

09/03/2013 at 15:35

Ditto! *joins in foot stamping*

The neighbours who disappeared before Christmas had left a trampoline and swings in the garden. I may have been using them... They've been removed 

09/03/2013 at 15:47
SuperCaz wrote (see)

I still have my airbed and sleeping bag in the lounge, airing from last weekend.  The lounge has a gas fire.  I think I might camp in the lounge tonight

You could go and roll around in the back garden to get muddy then camp in the lounge and pretend it's last Saturday all over again. 

09/03/2013 at 15:58

I've already done the muddy bit today.  I was supporting at an event that was a tad wet underfoot

09/03/2013 at 16:11

The duvet won the battle with me today.  Am going to have to make a decision if I want to venture out to orienteering tomorrow as I'll be dependant on someone picking me up. 

09/03/2013 at 16:14

I'm not doing mud anymore 

Instead I plan to sit and vegetate and eat an entire box of Black Magic chocolate

09/03/2013 at 16:21

Good plan.

09/03/2013 at 16:28

(((LR))) I love the orienteering stuff, only ever had one go on a  really small scale, I must try and find the time to do some more.

(((Bookie))) pass a choccy please.

09/03/2013 at 16:40

What would you like DS? The raspberry creams seem to have gone...

Orienteering sounds like fun. How do you get into doing that sort of thing?

09/03/2013 at 16:40

I've just discovered that my electronic car key was in the washing machine.  Does anyone have any experience of whether it is likely to work again?

09/03/2013 at 16:53

In my case I was dragged along by a friend once at it just went from there.  There are clubs covering the whole country though so there's events going on all over the place.  Some of the higher level events are pre-entry but most are suitable for newcomers.

http://www.britishorienteering.org.uk/index.php?pg=80

I'm personally avoiding the more challenging Sheffield event tomorrow in favour of the more 'mundane' Leicestershire one.

09/03/2013 at 17:24
sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

What would you like DS? The raspberry creams seem to have gone...

hmm, thank you kindly, perhaps an orange sensation?

(((LR))) Thanks for the link, I'll check that out.

09/03/2013 at 17:42

Afternoon 

I am having a very unproductive and sleepy day 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.