Mundane thread

42,961 to 42,980 of 49,408 messages
10/03/2013 at 15:47

No Caz, 'tis the arse end of nowhere near Bishop's Stortford.

Not close to wrath bog, but from Blouse's expression when he came home it had much in common. 

10/03/2013 at 18:27

There is an Ansty near me as well.

In a startling new development on the bin front, I saw not one but 2, yes 2, new bin lorries today. Brand spnaky shiney new they were.

10/03/2013 at 19:47

I have finally paid my parking bill before it doubles. We looked at the photographic evidence on line and I'm still a bit unhappy about it but have paid the cash.

Apparently it is snowing now, so not sure we'll be buggyfitting tomorrow.

10/03/2013 at 19:49

Can't you do a version of buggyfit indoors somewhere KJ?

10/03/2013 at 21:03

KJ that's when you know you're a grown up.  I had one that got to £90 in the days when the fine was £6 because I refused to admit it.

Remember the Pinking Shears debate?

You can use pinking shears to cut dried lasagne sheets to size!!!

Nest time I make one I will provide photographic evidence of snug fitting round cornered layers.

10/03/2013 at 21:18
SuperCaz wrote (see)

Can't you do a version of buggyfit indoors somewhere KJ?

Mini2 and I are going to Meadowhall after buggyfit, so I shall do lunges between shops!

10/03/2013 at 22:28

Surely dried lasagne sheets would just break if you tried to cut them?

My legs feel heavy and shaky, and my throat is red and sore. If I was a horse, they'd shoot me. I'd probably end up as a lasagne. 

10/03/2013 at 23:36

Evening mundanites

Sorry to hear about the illness Bookie. Get well soon.

Did I miss a wedding?

It's not snowing in Ascot but there's a fair sharp easterly a-blowing tonight.

I actually managed to run in double figures this morning. My prep for that Giant's Head marathon is going to be super-rubbish. I'm counting next Sunday's Marlow Duathlon as a 15 miler, and then it's 3 halfs and another half the Sunday before the marathon. Should be fun.

11/03/2013 at 06:30

Morning  I was woken up rather abruptly at 6am when Mr Saffy nicked all the duvet ...again!

((( Bookie ))) you aren't having much luck at the mo

Yay Chillies...didn't know you were doing Giant's Head

Edited: 11/03/2013 at 06:31
11/03/2013 at 07:42

(((Mundanies)))

(((Bookie))) Get well hugs.

(((Chillie))) Keep plugging away, I've only just reached the half-marathon distance and Giants Head is going to be a fantastic challenge for me also.

*puts on apron* kitchen's open, breakfast orders now being taken.

gingerfurball    pirate
11/03/2013 at 09:39

Morning all....I'll have a sausage bap if there is one going DS.  

11/03/2013 at 10:07

Morning - so a few here are doing the Giant's Head. Looking forward to it. 

11/03/2013 at 10:19

Morning mundanies - it seems to be winter again here, a covering of snow everywhere and it's still falling ..

In other news I got a PB in my 10 mile race yesterday

gingerfurball    pirate
11/03/2013 at 10:22

I'm re-joining our gym today...enough of the lardiness...(better forgo that sausage bap then...I'll have a yogurt  )

11/03/2013 at 10:28

Here you are gfb, one lovely fresh yoghurt, with a side serving of assorted sprinkles.

(((B))) Yay, well done on the pb.

(((Chillies))) There are a few of us dong the marathon, and a few doing the 10k.

11/03/2013 at 10:39

It's winter here too. There was ice on the inside of the windows this morning 

((((grope hug))))

11/03/2013 at 11:56

I don't fancy worm lasagna.
Lots of snow here.

As for Giants Head, my training couldn't be worse, I'm going backwards, there again, perhaps it was a bit much to think that i could cope with a long run yesterday when I couldn't even run at all on Friday.

I need to make a plan of action for my retirement - btw, retirement party here on Thurs, my last day of work. You're all invited, wear your best frocks.

I'm going to need help in getting up in the mornings. I have been so tired but then I have been ill. I hope that I have more energy this week.

I like yoghurt for breakfast GFB, add some fruit and it's yummy.

11/03/2013 at 12:29

Snowing here too. It keeps alternating between bright sunshine and blizzards 

11/03/2013 at 12:53

Sausage bap for me please! *waves paw*

In Mundane news I have found a new research post to apply for

11/03/2013 at 13:09
sarah the bookworm wrote (see)

Surely dried lasagne sheets would just break if you tried to cut them?

My legs feel heavy and shaky, and my throat is red and sore. If I was a horse, they'd shoot me. I'd probably end up as a lasagne. 

Not if you use pinking shears they dont

Get well soon!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.