Mundane thread

43,221 to 43,240 of 49,625 messages
21/03/2013 at 23:25

I forgot to press to submit... 

Cheesy goodnight hugs Mr. P

21/03/2013 at 23:29

Definitely an over the top evening for me.  Played in goal in a challenge match against local journalists - won 3-2.  Then went on to our 'indoor league' evening where work department teams play against each other - so played darts (lost), dominoes - running out (lost), dominoes (5s and 3s) (won), pool (lost) and table football (won).  Overall win for the team though so can consider it a success.  Helped to lift the gloom as well as feeling OK right now.  If we do get fresh snow might just inspire me to get out running in it.

21/03/2013 at 23:29

Actually, apologies for sharing that on here, coz that defnitely wasn't a mundane evening.

21/03/2013 at 23:45

Lol LR I just fancy a game of table football now

In other nonmundane news, we currently have horizontal snow 

22/03/2013 at 07:45
Sounds like a fun evening LR
No snow here and I don't want any ..
I still like cheese and marmite separately and together ..
22/03/2013 at 08:47

Morning. This winter we had one day with snow, flurries that didn't settle here but did on the higher areas of the moor, lots of hail and rain; it hasn't stopped for almost 2 days and was so heavy yesterday that it created rapids in the lanes and waterfalls in the hedges! 

I made a double Gloucester based dish for tea last night. It also contained parsnips and potatoes. It was yummy. 

It's still raining...

gingerfurball    pirate
22/03/2013 at 09:53

Morning all - it snowed on us in Manchester last time we were there Frodo...just as we left the airport the sky's supply of snow fell and closed the airport!

No snow here (I mean right here...apparently the rest of NI is up to it's arse in snow...40000 houses without power and 60+ schools closed...all we have is wind and rain.)

I'm just going to the VLM website now to defer my entry...ah well...next year in the heath  

22/03/2013 at 13:27

Snow day! 

Lots of the white stuff here, and it's still falling. At some point I will venture out to the library to do some photocopying. A nice and mundane plan

That recipe sounds nice, small! Anything containing cheese AND parsnips has to be good! 

22/03/2013 at 13:50

OK I might have been wrong.

gingerfurball    pirate
22/03/2013 at 14:35

I am going to cook pork belly for the first time this evening.  Well it doesn't cook tonight it marinates overnight then it gets confit'd tomorrow and then it gets fried in a pan to serve...I got a good recipe

22/03/2013 at 14:42
I remember that day, gfb - it had all gone by nightfall!!
22/03/2013 at 15:02

Do you remember that I put my electronic car key through the washing machine?  Well, after a couple of weeks to allow it to dry out thoroughly I decided to give it a try today...

...and it still works!

I know that I have been thinking about getting rid of the car so replaceing the key would have been a waste of money, but I feel much happier not selling it on to someone with only one working key

22/03/2013 at 16:32

It is still raining  but there will be chips for tea 

22/03/2013 at 19:50

Neighbours still holding our parcel to ransom, can't get them to answer the door even though they are definitely in.

We have snow. We are supposed to be having more snow tomorrow. I might move to where Frodo lives.

Good news about the key Caz.

22/03/2013 at 19:52

Good news on the key Caz

Me and Cake went for a walk along by the reservoir. It was incredibly cold and snowy, but rather enjoyable We went to the pub and had soup (cauliflower and broccoli). The conditions had worsened when we left, and the walk back turned into a blizzardy run. You'd never think it was getting towards the end of March - 7 inches of snow as of 6pm, and it's still coming down. 

22/03/2013 at 20:30
Bloody hell the wind is cold. Been to Waitrose today. Get me and my fancy ways. Bought toilet roll and other things. Haven't checked in for ages so tell me what's been happening. Is everyone okay?
22/03/2013 at 20:45

I have a boo-boo on my finger. I decided to measure the snow and sliced the tip of my finger open with the tape measure. As one does. I now have a purple Gruffalo plaster on it, so all is well

Do they do finger hats?

22/03/2013 at 20:53

Hi JT, I have a dodgy shoulder but my heating has been fixed and my car key still works.

I might have brie tomorrow as it is beginning to look ripe

22/03/2013 at 21:01

Blimey, it's white ooop north!  We have no snow, we just have a nasty howling east wind and rain and are moaning like a bunch of soft southerners.

Fire lit, lasagne reheated and listening to the sound of someone who smokes 40 Capstan full strength a day coughing.  Ah no, hang on, that's me, I don't smoke and I run a lot. 

Please could someone put the world back on its axis? Ta muchly

22/03/2013 at 21:44

What is your car Caz, I remember a nice blue BM?

Sometimes I want a cigarette, after 22 years of not smoking.  And I have not had a drink since Sunday night. I feel like a monk.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.