Mundane thread

43,241 to 43,260 of 49,328 messages
22/03/2013 at 23:16

I know what you mean on one count at least.  I gave up smoking in 1984 and it was years before I stopped missing it, especially with a beer, the two went so well together.  I miss the social side too, everyone taking it in turns to hand them around.

Can't say I envy the smokers this weather though!  When I smoked, we all stayed huddled in the warm in our stinky fug.

23/03/2013 at 00:11
I hope your shoulder is healing Caz. I have a damaged shoulder too. And a damaged ankle. But they are getting better. Hope your finger is healing Sarah. My finger is fine.
23/03/2013 at 00:16

*kisses all the broken mundanie bits better* 

23/03/2013 at 00:35

Hash - Yep, it's blowing a hoolie and raining here in Berkshire. And I have been shivering

Re the smoking - er, the reason I have been shivering is because I was outside the pub smoking not just one but 3 fags scrounged off an old mate. DON'T TELL MRS C!! I really enjoyed the first one. This happens about once a fortnight and then I worry for days about my health.

23/03/2013 at 08:57

Haha, Chillies looks like he's holding Solb up. One handed too, but then, she is only a light ickle thing. 

I think it might have stopped raining! Homes in a nearby town were evacuated yesterday. There are large puddles here and the stream has made a bid for freedom to romp about in the fields.

23/03/2013 at 09:01
Morning mundanies!
I hope all those with feeling sore or poorly are healed soon and that everyone is in the warm ... we saw smokers outaide pubs/clubs last night, it was it was freezing in the wind, I admired their commitment to nicotine, I would give up raher than be that cold!
Need to make porridge ..
23/03/2013 at 10:13

Morning. I feel glum today, just because, no reason.

D sits on the front door step smoking if it's wet, if it's dry he sits in the back garden. I told him he might stand a chance of gaining weight if he gave up. That did not meet with an enthusiastic response from him.

I wish the weather was better, I don't like running when it's cold out. I have no desire to go out and get cold and wet and feel dreadful and be on the edge of exhaustion.

Should be doing a long run tomorrow, -2 and snow forecast. I thought that I could do my long run today instead but it's not much better, just no snow, although it appears to be making a valient attempt right now.

There's a marathon on over the Downs today, I wanted to go out and watch but it's too blimmin cold and wet and miserable for that.

I still have my cough which is making me feel tired, I need to go buy some more cough mixture as I have a sore feeling throat, like I've been inhaling sawdust.

Don't feel sorry for me, it's only self pity, I'm sure a nice walk in the woods will make me feel better. I just need to get out, just that I know D wants to stay indoors (near the loo) and wrapped in a blanket. Walking alone is not the same.

23/03/2013 at 10:30

Big hugs (((Mrs H))) - but without feeling sorry for you as requested.

B- I think it's not so much about commitment to nicotine - the word is addiction.

Not sure if I'll get for a run today.  Might get organised at home and resolve the issue of my weekly attempt at messiest house of the week before trying for it tomorrow.  The weather doesn't make a difference to me though as far as running is concerned unless it's icy which it shouldn't be - at least round here.

23/03/2013 at 10:45

Mr P, yes I do have a shiny BMW but only because last time you saw it I had come straight from a service where they polish it to within an inch of its life.  But it's done 150,000 miles, burns oil, needs a new clutch soon and I can't afford the cost of repairing it when it goes wrong.  The last repair bill was £2000 which I am still paying off.

Now that I am living on my own with no friends closer than an hour's drive, I can't afford for it to strand me somewhere especially with the amount of long distance driving I'm doing.  When the divorce money comes through I will be replacing it with something that requires less attention

23/03/2013 at 10:47

I am kitted up to run a 10 mile mudfest in Swinley Forest. I don't want to go, mainly because I will have to walk/jog 2½ miles home afterwards.

But I'm going anyway

23/03/2013 at 10:49

(((Caz))) You're in a transition stage, you will get through this.

(((mousey)))

23/03/2013 at 11:16

(((Chillies))) Yay for sticking with it, have a good 'un.

23/03/2013 at 13:34

Lol DS.  I've been in a transistion phase for 2 years now.  When does the next phase start?  I'm looking forward to stability and mundaneness

23/03/2013 at 14:05

Crikey Caz I thought Polly was high maintenance!

23/03/2013 at 14:41
SuperCaz wrote (see)

Lol DS.  I've been in a transistion phase for 2 years now.  When does the next phase start?  I'm looking forward to stability and mundaneness

That's right, ask me the tricky questions.

23/03/2013 at 23:13
Goodnight everyone zzz...
24/03/2013 at 07:35
Morning mundanies
porridge eaten and tea going down nicely!
24/03/2013 at 08:01

Morning.

I have a medical problem.  My bum seems to be welded to this beanbag.  S'posed to be doing 10 miles......

24/03/2013 at 08:20

Poor Hash. Hope you are able to remove the beanbag soon!

We're off for a swim or a splash! I have even shaved my legs in honour of the event.

24/03/2013 at 09:05
We had bacon and eggs, but I bought smoked bacon by mistake again.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.