Mundane thread

43,261 to 43,280 of 49,701 messages
24/03/2013 at 09:22
I prefer smoked bacon - any going spare?
24/03/2013 at 09:27
Yes four fine rashers of ex-pig just gone under the grill...
24/03/2013 at 09:29

Morning 

IT HAS FINALLY STOPPED BLOODY SNOWING 

24/03/2013 at 09:32
*holds out plate*

You will be surprised to hear we are still snow-free, Saffy.
24/03/2013 at 09:32
You got snow then?
24/03/2013 at 09:39
Have you, Mr P?
I saw on the local news the Bootle Rd by the docks was completely impassable. It's weird - we seem to be in some kind of weather vortex. It either dumps on the Pennines and misses us, or dumps on the coast before it reaches us.
24/03/2013 at 09:45

Its still snowing here but I think there is less on the ground than yesterday so it is thawing faster than it is snowing

24/03/2013 at 10:54
No snow just strong cold NE winds ... not very appealing long run weather ... breakfast wa done by 7.30 and yet I have still not run ... will need another breakfast before Ai do at this rate
24/03/2013 at 11:56

It's lovely out there really, B

Why is my nose getting longer?

24/03/2013 at 11:59

Mine is dripping.

Not another bloody cold.  I'm fed up with being ill this year

24/03/2013 at 12:30

Can't see me getting a run in today.  Had a rough night last night and have been catching up my sleep this morning.  Still not feeling very good now.  Seems to happen to most weekends these days.

24/03/2013 at 12:54
We have had snow but not bad. I've been to Liverpool this morning and it is snow free, as is the Wirral down to ellesmwere port when starts again.
gingerfurball    pirate
24/03/2013 at 18:46
It seems that we have a snow free vortex too!! Lots of NI locked down with snow. We haven't had a flake. GOOD!! Long may it last I have decreed it so!
24/03/2013 at 19:36

There is no vortex here. MrKJ has to leave at 4am to go to the airport, I've just told him it's due to snow at 3am.

In breaking news, today we've fitted a different toilet seat in the en suite. It was the one we brought from the old house as it has a special in-built seat for toddler toilet training.

24/03/2013 at 19:39

I have man flu and a poorly shoulder.  Not that anybody would notice as I am bearing up very well.

I had brie earlier.  I was going to offer it around but by the time the computer booted up I had eaten it

24/03/2013 at 20:03

I think we live on the wrong side of the vortex!

There are snow drifts here that are easily 5 feet deep. Me and Cake went for a walk to the pub, and it was more than five hours before we got back! We tried one foot path, but the drifts were waist height on Cake, so I daredn't attempt them! So we went a different route, and for some reason decided it was a good idea to follow some footsteps without having a clue whether or not the trailblazer was going the same direction as we were... Anyhoo, we got so far, then the footsteps veered off from where we were heading. So we forged ahead, Cake leading the way and me desperately trying to step into his footsteps. We both fell over several times. Hours later, we got to the pub. Cake's trouser legs were full of snow and we both had wet bums and wind-chapped faces. Strangely enough, we turned down ice in our drinks...

24/03/2013 at 20:04

(((Caz))) Is your shoulder sore from swimming? The calcium in the cheese is medicinal, so I wouldn't worry about having eaten it

Nice toilet update KJ  

24/03/2013 at 20:12

My shoulder has been a bit funny for a year.  I think it is a rotator cuff problem caused by too much swimming.  I'm trying to change my technique to resolve it and doing lots of exercises and stretches

24/03/2013 at 22:21

Gawd!!!  Glad you two got home okay Bookie. 

Sounds like the lot of us need another grope hug, doesn't it?  Go safe, everyone who has to venture out tomorrow.

I can't stop scoffing caramelised onion cheddar dipped in huge chunks of abbots pickle with mead, washed down with a rather nice glass of rioja and with some pate on the side.  Please could someone tell me that this has nutritional value as opposed to me being a piglet.  Fibbing is fine, just to be clear.

24/03/2013 at 22:31

Yes, Hash spot on - highly nutritional. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.