Mundane thread

43,281 to 43,300 of 49,322 messages
24/03/2013 at 22:35

Man of taste in more ways than one LR

24/03/2013 at 23:40
Hope the shoulder keeps improving Caz. Mine's better. Or was right up until the moment I typed that and it's started to twinge. I've been eating a lot of Carrs cheese crackers. I might have some toast and honey.
24/03/2013 at 23:50

Wow some of you seem to be having some proper weather. I have been getting to the pub just fine Bookie!

Ran half of a two lap race yesterday - I didn't mind the wade through hip deep water, nor the ankle deep mud - what I wasn't going to do twice was crawl on my hands and knees through the deepest bit of mud the organisers could find - If I'd known I would have worn my scuba gloves. Did the first lap, wrecked my gloves and hands (it was snowing a bit and was 1ºC) then jogged 3 miles home to make up for the dnf.

This weather is just ridiculous. The towpath at Marlow was under water again today. Later on I ran about 8 around Windsor Great Park. Freezing cold and sweaty simultaneously.

Good luck with  the rotator cuff Caz -I had one cured completely about 15 years ago with a couple of cortisone injections (knacked it playing softball)

24/03/2013 at 23:54

*puts on dietitian's hat* 

Cheese is an essential part of the human diet and should be consumed in huge quantities. The more the better. And, by sheer taste-bud satisfying coincidence, both pickle and wine contain compounds which enhance the absorption of calcium and vitamin A from the cheese. Pâte is similarly essential, contributing to the lesser known 3-a-day of spreadable meat products. 

gingerfurball    pirate
25/03/2013 at 10:52

Morning all - that seems like very good advice Bookie

It's absolutely freezing here today...still no snow (here) but lots around the rest of the country.  I have a HWB on my knees under my desk. 

25/03/2013 at 12:19

I hope sore shoulders and cold parts are all remedied swiftly.

LR, I am not surprised you dnf-ed! Sounds horrendous! I don't mind running in a bit of mud but I would hate to have to crawl through it! 

Hash, I am now drooling after reading about your snacking habits, sounds divine! 

Today I have bought bird seed,  hand towels, rain forest shampoo and a ball of wool. (None of which sounds particularly appetising - unless you're a bird) 

The bin has been emptied and I will go and get it in later when I go up to see what the postman had brought us.

Edited: 25/03/2013 at 12:20
25/03/2013 at 13:13

Eh - it wasn't me.  I was dngoob yesterday.  Did not get out of bed.

25/03/2013 at 13:59

Oops, soz it was Chillies wasn't it. Too much excitement going on in my day to read straight. 

gingerfurball    pirate
25/03/2013 at 16:04

...humph...the girl who invited us for tea tonight DNS for her appointment today...she's a bit of an airhead and probably stressed about having guests (there's more than us) but still I want to give her a paddington bear stare when we get there. 

25/03/2013 at 17:51

I have no money and am having to face up to the fact that I can't afford to travel this weekend.  I guess I could use the man flu as an excuse for letting people down

25/03/2013 at 18:03

That's a real shame, Caz.  Sounds like that'll be the difference between a really enjoyable sociable weekend and another one on your own.  Surely you're not letting people down though when it's circumstances beyond your control.  Being honest would be the best policy.

25/03/2013 at 23:09
(( Caz))

Goodnight everyone!
26/03/2013 at 05:57
Morning

Thanks for the excellent nutritional advice, Bookie, I feel positively saintly now!

(((Caz))) can't you just tell them how it is? Real friends will understand and that way you won't feel you're letting anyone down. Which you're not BTW.
26/03/2013 at 07:13

Morning 

It's snowing again here

26/03/2013 at 07:40
Morning. Cold porridge and lukewarm coffee. And the nice girl who does the coffee in the morning has gone on her honeymoon selfish cow.
gingerfurball    pirate
26/03/2013 at 09:36

What a wench MrP!  You can't rely on anyone!!

I had two lukewarm soft boiled eggs...(lukewarm 'cos I brought them to work to eat as I didn't have time at home...they were still nice)

Black bin day today (MrGFB did his weekly bin bounce)

((SC))

26/03/2013 at 09:48
I had soft boiled eggs and soldiers (with marmite) for tea yesterday ..
Fruit and fibre for breakfast, got up a bit late for porridge
26/03/2013 at 12:47

I had a banana for breakfast. There was no transformation into a banana-based superhero.

Black bin day for us too, although I'd be amazed if it gets emptied seeing as how clogged the road is with snow.

(((Caz))) What Hash said, she's a clever lady

I had a craving for Marmite at about midnight. I still haven't had some

26/03/2013 at 13:34

Afternoon

+1 for what Hash said (((Caz)))

It. Is. Freezing. 

26/03/2013 at 13:35
My physio has slightly broken me, so I've come back to bed for a rest/nap
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.