Mundane thread

43,321 to 43,340 of 49,836 messages
28/03/2013 at 09:02
Nicely done, Chillies

I'm trying to decide whether to be productive today or not...
28/03/2013 at 09:04

All was well at the dentist. I was told to keep up the good work  - that'll be thanks to my new orange toothbrush then. 

Sorry to hear about your BT troubles, Hash.  I had Openreach here yesterday as our phone is kaput. Broadband is fine though. He says there's a problem 800m away on a cable, then went off to find it. I haven't seen or heard of him since - BT man MIA  Phone still kaput.

Major news of the day. These  are required!  

gingerfurball    pirate
28/03/2013 at 09:09

Good morning all

It's a gorgeous day here - and I'm happy cos after this we're off for 4 days

My phone lines are all working perfectly (as I can tell by the 14 messages on my answering machine this morning) 

Happy Birthday to our founder (wigdog) if he's about 

28/03/2013 at 11:32

Aaaaaghhhh - I should never have tried to have a productive day. I have lost my mobile while out walking the dog.

*weeps gently in the corner*

28/03/2013 at 11:44

I have 2 computers on the go at the moment, its rather strange. I wanted to use my all new singing and dancing comp for mapping but the map software I use isn't mac compatible so I may have to fork out and buy new. Poo and bums.

28/03/2013 at 13:26

Sorry to hear about all of the phone related mishaps. My phone is playing up as well. I had a bit of a 'discussion' with the people from Three about it at the weekend, after they asked if I'd switched it off and on again *insert expletive*

It's nearly Easter - Doctor Who this weekend!!! *bounce bounce bounce*

28/03/2013 at 13:42

I'd forgotten about Dr Who - that's really cheered me up, thank you

gingerfurball    pirate
28/03/2013 at 13:58

I would hate to lose my phone 

Back from the gym...down 3lbs this week - a good start

28/03/2013 at 15:50

Glad to be of service Frodo

Well done GFB!

A full complement of DNAs this afternoon *sigh*

28/03/2013 at 16:43

Sorry to hear about your phone Frodo.  

Tall and Big both lost their phones in Crete last year. Big wasn't too bothered but Tall was mortified!

My moble is archaic and won't hold a charge for much more than a day. I ought to get a new one really but I cba. 

Good one gfb  

DoctorOooooh!! 

Edited: 28/03/2013 at 16:44
28/03/2013 at 19:37

I am contemplating one of those smartphone thingies, but am scared at how much they cost.

Well done on the lbs GFB.

Sorry about your phone Frodo.

Mini2 has had jabs today, he's crying away as he's desperate to go to sleep but can't let go poor boy.

28/03/2013 at 22:20
I hope you get it back Frodo. I have lost some weight too gfb mainly due to mrs P's drink embargo, though I have been allowed a drink tonight

Is Mini2 ok now KJ?
28/03/2013 at 22:54

Succesful run tonight.    First time in 2 weeks. 

Went onto the post-run curry in Weatherspoons with the running club afterwards.  25 minute wait to get served only to find they'd run out of the veggie curry.  Pizza in the oven at the moment.

29/03/2013 at 00:24

My running is going downhill at a rate of knotts. I was running 20+ miles LSR before Christmas, that went down to 16 and now I can only just manage to run 9 miles and I struggled. This is not how it's meant to be. I've also lost pace. I ran 9 miles at 7:40m/m a couple of weeks ago and found it easy, struggled to maintain 9m/m today. In fact I didn't though that was in a large part due to the mud, even so my legs were tired. I haven't done any hill work for weeks. I'm rather disillusioned by it all atm.
As soon as I start a run I just want it to be over, it's a chore. I'd quite happily just not bother anymore.

That's my self pity whinge over and done with.

Well done on the run LR, enjoy your pizza, probably better for you than curry I'm sure.

There was a funny on FB today re phone stuff

"Rang Apple on my Blackberry using Orange, went bananas as contract gone pear shapped."

I was trying to add my bit - really pead off

29/03/2013 at 07:26
Mouse if I get demoralised I just do short runs so you get the lift without the extended effort.

Let's be honest, twenty miles is pretty tedious and it can go either way can't it, if it isn't liberating then it can be quite the opposite. (())

I will be popping in to work today, but I will be wearing casual clothes.
29/03/2013 at 08:12

Mouse you're still doing amazing speeds, but I know what you mean about getting demoralised by slowing down.  I used to trot out 9 minute miles, whereas these days if anything starting with a 9 pops up when the garmin goes bongle it's cause for major back-patting.

LR that sounds like an excellent running club to be part of

Just leaving a little prod for anyone wanting to do the zombie thing in case you haven't seen the FB group.  We've got until Monday to send entries in to get it at £25, which let's face it is pretty steep in itself.  I'm happy to sort entries out if people throw money at me. 

http://zombieevacuation.com/east-anglia/

29/03/2013 at 08:20

Mr. P. I am only doing shortish runs. 6-9 miles. I get about a mile in and I just want it to be over. No way can I run 20 miles atm. I struggled with 9 yesterday yet last week found 9 easy. I just felt like a whinge and a moan. Get if offf my chest. I think I want the sun to shine.

There's track and field comming up and I'm going to train for 200 & 400m. If I'm up for it I'll do up to 5k, we'll see. I've been doinh HIIT on the track. 200m sprint; 200m recovery & 100m sprint 100m recovery. I'll do some 400m reps this weekend.

I'd love to do Zombies but just can't commit to anything at all this year. There's always next year.

Christmas; Easter - never used to get time off from work, now I'm not working I still don't get the benefit of a long weekend. ha ha.

Happy Easter.

29/03/2013 at 08:29

It's all relative and we're all allowed to be a bit frustrated with our running (or complete lack of it, in my case!) if it's not going to plan

I can't do zombies either, but look forward to pictures

29/03/2013 at 10:58

Morning 

The sun is out and so are woodpeckers and buzzards ...now i just need to find my bimbling mojo 

Don't think we'll be able to make Zombie run, I'm afraid.

29/03/2013 at 16:11

I saw a buzzard in the hedge on my r*n last night, I thought it was injured but it was ok.  I've seen a few today soaring.

I had a rum n raisin ice cream today

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.