Mundane thread

43,401 to 43,420 of 49,468 messages
03/04/2013 at 09:02

gingerfurball    pirate
03/04/2013 at 10:00

Morning all - I really want some of that cheese!! 

All quiet here (really quiet!! - BGD and LMF have been in Dublin with their friends since the weekend...I had to cancel my cleaners this week as my house is too clean!!  And I didn't need to buy electricity and my food bill has been tiney!!)....miss them though

03/04/2013 at 18:08

I've bought coffee, crisps, lentils and eggs.

The coffee I needed.  The eggs I had run out of but didn't really need.  The crisps are comfort food.  But lentils???

03/04/2013 at 18:23
*Advance Notice*

We shall be eating some of the sacred cheese this evening.

03/04/2013 at 18:33

Wow, it's quiet in here these days is it not.

Very boring day spent at the hospital waiting for blood results to come back. There again, since when have hospitals been exciting places? Don't answer.

GFB, can you spare your cleaners? I think I need someone following me around on a permanent basis. I seem to leave a wake of havoc behind me.

gingerfurball    pirate
03/04/2013 at 19:22

Hospital news for us...MrGFB's dad was taken in last night...the care home weren't happy with him...he wasn't "himself" - turns out he's got some kind of infection on top of the broken nose.

Also my mum and dad called in today and said..."dad's getting that cancer cut out of his head tomorrow and a skin graft and i'm (mum) getting this (points to forehead) cut off on Friday...we think that's cancer too"...FFS OMG!! My parents are CRAZY!! 

*help* !!

03/04/2013 at 20:00

Oh hell (((GFB)))!!!  Not sure what to say to that apart from hope everything goes as well as it can and hugs to you and Mr GFB.

03/04/2013 at 20:01

I had a similar conversation with a friend about cancer yesterday.

03/04/2013 at 20:07

lovely day today, swim, pub, farm with coffee and cake. Top banana!

Poor MrGFB's dad, hope he's on the mend soon.

Enjoy the cheese Frodo

03/04/2013 at 20:58

Lentils with three question marks, Caz!  Where to start is the only question.  A nice chickpea dhal I would say.

I am cheeseless - but have a tasty sausage casserole almost ready in the oven.

03/04/2013 at 21:13
Enjoy the cheese Frodo.
04/04/2013 at 08:28

Morning 

How was the cheese?

04/04/2013 at 08:35
It was awesome, thankyou - but very rich, we ate much less than anticipated. But that's all to the good, it'll just last longer

Hope everything goes ok for your parents, gfb
gingerfurball    pirate
04/04/2013 at 09:46

Morning all..had a wee chat with MrGFB's mum last night and his dad is feeling a wee bit better...she did make me giggle though cos she said "he must have been dehydrated as he's a bit better after they put him on a senile drip"...

04/04/2013 at 14:04

Afternoon!

"senile drip"

I had butternut squash, sweet potato and parmesan cheese soup for lunch. It was yummy

04/04/2013 at 15:51

I know a few people who have been on senile drips.

I'm dressed to go running, the intent is to go running, the white stuff is putting me off, also the cba's.

I also need milk.

04/04/2013 at 16:15

Me: How much oil do you use when you fry an egg?
Patient: Oh, about a litre.
Me: stunned silence
Patient: But it's olive oil!

gingerfurball    pirate
04/04/2013 at 16:34

I have a sore throat

04/04/2013 at 17:51

I did run, it was good if a little chilly but I wrapped up warm and the sun came out.

Have a teaspoon of honey for your sore throat GFB. I have some lovely honey, have I mentioned how much I love honey and how many different types of honey I have. At the moment I have more varieties of honey than I do of cheese.

um Sarah, do you think your patient knows how much a ltr is? I don't think I have a ltr of oil in the house. :O

04/04/2013 at 18:08

Mmmm, butternut squash, sweet potato and parmesan soup sounds very yummy.

Planning on getting to the running club tonight.  Last chance before Lincoln 10k and only two full runs behind me in the last month.  Really need this one.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.