Mundane thread

43,441 to 43,460 of 49,831 messages
gingerfurball    pirate
05/04/2013 at 10:34

Morning all...TGIF!!  I'm really not sleeping well - seem to struggle from about 4am on...then I fall into these comas intersperced with horrible nightmares...I could be doing without that!!  Dunno what the craic is.

Ah well - I'm up and awake now.  Big H is 6 months old today!!  Where did that time go!!

05/04/2013 at 13:26

Lots of non-mundane happenings going on today.

The girl who went on maternity leave nearly a month ago has finally given birth to a 10lb 4oz boy (ouch!), another girl has handed her notice in as she can't cope with the work load (she does work damn hard and seems to have more to do than the rest of us), I am off for a health MOT and then heading off to a fantastically non-mundane Mundane weekend

05/04/2013 at 13:35

I've got an appointment with a man who makes pouches that don't open .

05/04/2013 at 13:56

Interesting Mr P.  I had a meeting today about pouches that come open too easily.

05/04/2013 at 15:03

Well well well.  Most exciting.

I'm looking at college courses and wondering what to study. PE / sport; Eng Lang / Lit; Textiles or Craft.
I'd like to do craft but I'd have to get sorted more for that and it's likely to be very expensive. The AS/A2 levels would be fine - that would be Eng Lang / Lit; Textiles and PE, though getting them all in one college will not be easy. then there's the sport option. Lots of courses on offer at different colleges.

Haven't looked at Brighton yet.

Enjoy your weekend everyone. Happy Birthday mima, hope you have a great party.

gingerfurball    pirate
05/04/2013 at 16:10

Afternoon Mundanies....my poor family's rough couple of days continues...dad had his procedure done yesterday (he looks like Herman Munster with 16 staples in his head!!) mum had hers done today (just a bit tender and sore) and my sis (who lives at home with them) had to take her cat to the vets today as he's been acting odd...turns out he'd gone blind and in pain in a very short period so the kindest thing was to put him to sleep...poor sis - RIP Noodles - he was 11 (I know I can tell you guys these things as you are all animal lovers - he was a right git at times but it's so sad that he'll not be there any more.

05/04/2013 at 16:49
What a stressful, unhappy day GFB. I have 2 and a bit cats and certainly the 2 house cats would be sorely missed even though they get under my feet, attack the bin and sit out in the rain then traipse muddy paw prints over my clean floors.
05/04/2013 at 18:58

Cats rock

05/04/2013 at 19:25

Quite literally in some cases:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s25T24uAlKA

Though I think a bit of prompting might have been going on.

05/04/2013 at 20:24

05/04/2013 at 20:34

Poor Noodles, your family are going through the mill this week GFB.

MrKJ is taking his bike apart on the living room floor today, apparently the front wheel is broken (or words to that effect).

Good news about the job contract extension Bookie.

05/04/2013 at 21:52
(()) gfb
05/04/2013 at 22:51

I have cheddar with caramelised onions.  Don't know what inspired me to for that.

06/04/2013 at 01:26
Scrabble!
06/04/2013 at 09:25

I'm not being lazy, no of course not, I'm just waiting for the sun to warm the day up a little more. That's right. Not lazy at all. I'm so excited that the sun is shining and they are forcasting a balmy 6C.

will be outside for most of the day, want to paint the windows and hoover the lawn and maybe even do some weeding. Also need to repot Gustove.

06/04/2013 at 09:36
Lincoln Runner wrote (see)

I have cheddar with caramelised onions.  Don't know what inspired me to for that.

*beams proudly*  I'll have you listening to The Archers next

Last minute change of plan for us involving a hash pub crawl and curry to celebrate run 1800.  Not that I'm actually running run 1800, but it shows willing, don't you think?

Edited: 06/04/2013 at 09:37
06/04/2013 at 09:44

1,800m seems a reasonable distance to me.

06/04/2013 at 10:31

Still too far if it involves mud.  I've got a 10 mile race tomorrow, this may not be the best preparation on earth.  However on the plus side I'll be well hydrated and will have consumed lots of pre-race carbs

06/04/2013 at 10:41

I have history as a rebel against The Archers.  Once when at the Cropredy Festival when everyone was going home on Sunday morning, most people had gone but there was someone who had The Archers on full blast.  Not impressed with the tranquility of sunny Sunday morning being shattered in this way I decided on retaliation.  A quick look through the CDs in my car and soon I had the best of The Clash on even louder.

In short, you've still got a lot of work to do me on there!

06/04/2013 at 11:04

At least The Clash hopefully drowned out anyone playing Fairport Convention

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.