Mundane thread

43,461 to 43,480 of 49,297 messages
06/04/2013 at 11:08

Ouch!  I think we're having a get at each other day here!

06/04/2013 at 11:34

Ooops, it wasn't meant to sound like that, sorry!  It's just that they're number 2 in my most disliked band ever list.  We actually went to Cropredy quite a few times as some of the bands on in the day were brilliant and the festival has a lovely atmosphere, but we had to have consumed many, many pints before Fairport came on. 

We generally rose to the challenge

06/04/2013 at 11:52

That makes it sound worse really.  I thought you were joking to start with!  I'm intrigued to know who number one is though.

06/04/2013 at 12:13

...ambles in playing 'Cracklin' Rosie' and happy to have pleased everyone.

Cheese anybody?

06/04/2013 at 12:19

I've got to confessed I'm all cheesed out.  Got up this morning and couldn't be bothered getting breakfast and just ended up carrying on with the cheese from the night before.

Nothing wrong with a bit of 'Cracklin' Rosie'.

06/04/2013 at 13:28

Ah, now Mr Diamond would be on a different list, one headed Guilty Pleasures.  Along with the fabulous Dolly

Excellent nutritious brunch LN!

The number one most hated band is thanks to having had aversion therapy.  When I was sixteen I had a boyfriend who used to make me sit and listen to all four ghastly whining sides of Out of the Blue, over and over and over again, whilst he studied the gatefold album (remember them?  Nah, me neither).  I can recognise any track from it within one note, and if I could run a marathon at the speed I get to the radio to shut it off then Paula wouldn't be the woman's record holder. 

Edited: 06/04/2013 at 13:32
06/04/2013 at 13:56

Oh Hash - I quite literally leap for the off button if I hear the opening chords of any ELO song. But I can actually be physically sick if I hear more than 12 seconds of Mr Blue Sky or Horace Wimp, to name but two. In fact I feel quite queasy just writing the words down

06/04/2013 at 21:05

I'm looking at fancy smartphones, I can almost guarantee I'm not buying one this weekend, I'm so nervous of getting the wrong thing!

I mowed MummyKJ's lawns today, she has the worlds worst lawnmower, it's called a "Mow n Vac". It's like a hoover so has a single handle and was a blinking nightmare to get through the long, damp grass. I've told her next time I'll be taking my own mower with me.

06/04/2013 at 22:07

Strange karma around today.  The guy that I used to go to the Cropredy Festival with back in the 90s just contacted me through Facebook.  Haven't been in touch with him for at least 10 years.

06/04/2013 at 22:38
Two sections of the canal towpath have been resurfaced out of the blue.
06/04/2013 at 22:56
My ears are proper cold.
gingerfurball    pirate
06/04/2013 at 23:26
We finished season 3 of The Walking Dead tonight...I'm a bit scared but dying (ba da boom tish) to find out what happens next!!
07/04/2013 at 02:43

Chillies to another musical kindred spirit and to having found us on the other side

Quiet in mundaneland isn't it?  Hope Mima's housewarming was/is fun and wish we could have been there. 

07/04/2013 at 09:13

Morning.

Bright sunny and cold from this side of the water. Still ice and frost. LSR planned for today, it will be short, hilly and very very slow. Hopefully the sun will shine throughout for me. Just need to decide on a route, I thought a 7 mile loop x2 one clockwise one anti clock. 

Does your wig not cover your ears JB?

07/04/2013 at 19:58

Quiet one today. 

Complete the 10k in 63.40.  I just set my sights on getting round running all the way and did just that.  Good support from all the running club people who weren't running themselves.  So that seems to be the answer - I just need to have 5000 people running with me to keep me going.  Could be tricky to rally that many on a Tuesday night.

07/04/2013 at 20:03

For the first time tonight since the clocks change Mini has gone to sleep without all her soft toys and a lot of protesting. Hurrah!

Surely JB has some natty ear muffs to hold the wig on in the strong winds?

07/04/2013 at 21:48
Goodnight everyone. I'm reading quietly.
08/04/2013 at 07:17

G'morning mundanies

Kinda miffed this morning. I appear to have developed a groin strain - no drama, it just seemed to come on quickly and quietly and leave me barely able to walk - except I had to as I had 3 miles of trail and field to cross to get home yesterday.   Definitely time for fingers crossed mode for a reasonably quick recovery, but I'm a little concerned that this could be troublesome.

Edited: 08/04/2013 at 07:18
08/04/2013 at 07:20
Ouch!
08/04/2013 at 08:25

Ouchie indeed. Bad news is that they can take ages to heel, though so long as it doesn't hurt when you move you can still run. I have a groin strain which only hurts when I do kick drills swimming or leg raises, other than that it's fine. I say fine, I mean it doesn't hurt or remind me it's there.

Anyway, I'm off for a day out somewhere today, will do some core and free weights first as D won't be ready to go until about noon.

Ah, KJ, I'm sure you're right, JB must have some natty ear muffs.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.