Mundane thread

43,561 to 43,580 of 49,088 messages
12/04/2013 at 19:01

Or if the same herb excess was to occur to any of our female mundanies we'd be able to sing the old Commodores song to them - 'You're once, twice, three thymes a lady'.

12/04/2013 at 19:07

Mr. P, I'm not thinking that far ahead.  I'm focusing on my 24 mile swim in 14 days at the moment.  July is too far away to be thinking about it too much yet.

I'm too tired and don't have the thyme to be messing around with jokes

12/04/2013 at 19:16

Well if you haven't got thyme, you need to chive-y yourself along a bit and don't dill-y dally. 

12/04/2013 at 19:32

I'll get me coat.

13/04/2013 at 04:41

((( Mundanies)))

The kettle's on for anybody up and about, and cheese and biscuits are on the table next to the individual marmite pots.  It's never too early for Marmite.

13/04/2013 at 08:25

http://www.farrow-ball.com/colours/paint/fcp-category/list?resetFilters=true

Went for French Grey and Studio Green. The colours are a little off on my monitor so they don't look right. They look good together though.

13/04/2013 at 10:17

Blimey, some people were up early, is there any cheese and biscuits left?

Mini has just been picked up and is on her way to Cleethorpes with her bucket and spade. She's beyond excited, we had to wait outside for Nan and Grandad as waiting inside was causing her to implode!

13/04/2013 at 10:36

Morning. Did you not fancy Mouse's Back then Mouse? 

I like Square root vegetables DS

Big made a funny out on our run yesterday. Tall was telling us about someone he knows who knows someone who is a major supplier of underwear in Japan. Big said, "what are they called? Japants?" I nearly ran into a ditch from laughing so much.  

LR, you are quite a sage.   There used to be a frequently posted on pun thread on here. I miss that...

Hope Mini has a great day at the seaside. Bit too wet here for sandcastles today. 

Edited: 13/04/2013 at 10:37
13/04/2013 at 11:12

Did you not fancy the Arsenic Mouse?

small there are lots of places near here in north Wales called Pant-y-this or Pant-y-that Cal used to laugh himself silly when he was little.

I got lost in a forest this morning, very annoying!

13/04/2013 at 13:34

Just back from a fantastic river swim.  The sun was shining and the trees were all begining to take on a green tinge.  It was beatiful and felt like summer for the first time this year.  I hadn't realised how much I missed river swimming until I was in the water

13/04/2013 at 18:59

A friend posted on FB that they have cheese.  I worte that I like cheese before I remembered that they wouldn't have any idea what I was talking about.

Talking of which, I have just had a cheese sandwich.

13/04/2013 at 19:55

I can feel some cheese coming on I think, it's that time of the evening.

Bookie so sorry to hear about your dog.  I still miss mine, and it was a long, long time ago. 

An unintentional funny from a friend I was nattering to on the phone today.  We were on about meeting up, which we can only do every few months as they live miles away, so visiting is a major expedition.  "We can't come down to yours until at least mid-May, we're both on diets". 

Edited: 13/04/2013 at 19:55
13/04/2013 at 21:16

((Sarah))

I have used Quark for tonights dinner, a little Slimming World Vegetable bake, but I put some beef mince in to keep Mr Steady happy.

14/04/2013 at 01:47

I bought some Caerphilly in Borough Market in that London on Thursday - Gorwydd caerphilly from Trethowan's dairy. It is absolutely effing gorgeous. It should be at about £30 a kilo. From previous chats, I also now have restocked from Cool Chile Company and bought some lovely stuff from a company called Pimento Hill

14/04/2013 at 06:41

Which reminds me, the chillies need potting on.  Don't worry, this won't hurt.

Off to do a 10K with a couple of mates, one of whom is guaranteed a PB as it's her first race ever. She wanted to know if Blouse was coming along to support and what the plans were for afterwards.  I think she was a bit disappointed to find out that he's not coming as he's going hashing and I'm off to Tescos when we've finished.

14/04/2013 at 08:02
Happy Anniversary, CakeBook
14/04/2013 at 08:41
Good morning, where has that gone then?
Bright but windy here.

I'd keep my eye on that one Hash.
14/04/2013 at 09:01

Morning, cold wet grey here, which is just about right. Long very slow hilly run planned for today. it's also going to be very muddy due to the wetting from the sky.

I managed not to eat any sweets yesterday. Not that I was good in other respects, still it's a start.

14/04/2013 at 10:39

Morning. Took Tall back to uni yesterday.  Miss him already. 

Here are some funny place names we pass on the way; Bake, (wonder what's cooking?), Catch French, (Are they contagious!) Botusflemming (sounds painful), Island Shop, (But we're not at sea), Notter Bridge (looked like one to me), Doddy (did Ken Dodd come from here?) and Playing Place - I saw no one playing.

Congratulations on your anniversary CakeBook! 

How is Cake? Not heard anything from him on here for ages!

14/04/2013 at 11:39
Our version of tall is still here sleeping on the sofa I can't wait till his flat is ready.
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.