Mundane thread

43,981 to 44,000 of 49,297 messages
10/05/2013 at 14:54

I can't imagine 2D going out of fashion - everyone would have to replace all of their TVs, etc. Then again, they probably said the same thing of video tapes...

I have no more patients! *shimmies, then gets back to work*

10/05/2013 at 15:33

I have a man coming to the house.  That will be the second one this week.  The neighbours will start talking

10/05/2013 at 15:40

You could always let them go again, that'll shut the neigbours up for a bit at least.

10/05/2013 at 15:49

I was cold so I have spent an unreasonably long time in the shower now I'm all clean and glowy. Obviously this is not at all mundane and is very exciting but I know you'll forgive me for the outrageously interesting post just this once

10/05/2013 at 16:04

I booked my car in to have two chips repaired.  When they took a look at it they found 6 chips and have recommended a new windscreen.

I suggested to them when I made the booking that the wondscreen was in a poor state and a replacement might be required, so maybe they should put a spare windscreen on the van just in case.  For reasons better known to themselves, they didn't and now they have to come back again.

10/05/2013 at 20:00

Great bin news Saffy.

Good luck to the tri-er's this weekend.

I'm a 2D girl too, 3D doesn't work with my double vision, just gives me a headache.

10/05/2013 at 20:35

My £350 car service turned into a £950 car service today. New discs and brakes all round. That was a nice surprise.

I have now run the grand total of 7 miles since Sunday's marathon. And it STILL hurts. Don't think I've ever felt so knacked after any race.

11/05/2013 at 00:03
That's a nasty little surprise on the car cfb. My commiserations.
My bins have been emptied but I am unwell. I've got a cold type thing and a painful stomach. Bought some laxatives and went and had a haircut. At a new hairdresser that only opened 5 days ago. Went okay. Have taken the laxatives.

On the plus side my foot is better and I did a 10 miler yesterday, even feeling poorly.
11/05/2013 at 07:12

Boo to the car service, Chillies

Your hair cut looks lovely, JT  

Second Park run for us today. Let's see if I can be a little less slow than last week

11/05/2013 at 08:06

Good luck Saffy

Welcome Madbee *waves madly*

JT hopefully the laxatives were after the 10 mile run?  Otherwise my top tip is don't wear hi-viz, it's rubbish for hiding in shrubbery.

Ooooh I've gone from really wanting to see the new Start Trek to really really REALLY wanting to go and see it. 

(((GFB))) thinking of you.

In my mundane news, I have to pop into work to rescue stuff I left in the loo when getting changed to do that r*nning thing last night.  Somehow this has morphed into another run, a shopping trip and trying to dodge the showers, which means I need to get off this sofa.  It was going well until Blouse proffered a third cuppa.

Edited: 11/05/2013 at 08:07
11/05/2013 at 08:42

Morning mundanies

We saw Ironman 3 in 3D last week ... prefer 2D. Also looking forward to seeing Star Trek!

Museli stayed down this morning ... good start!

11/05/2013 at 09:17

Good weekending Mundanies

Pants to big car bills

Hurrah for the anticipation of a good film

I appear to have gathered more socks than I have draw space.

11/05/2013 at 10:11

Bet there's one stray odd one too DS!

Bounce bounce bounce.  My afternoon is now looking much less mundane

11/05/2013 at 10:38

I left work yesterday with my largest rucksack crammed full of clothes I'd been changing into / from for after work orienteering etc during the week, plus a smaller rucksack inside it.

If it's Star Trek tributes in song you're after this is much better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3B4Lw7VM0g

I'm just years behind with Star Trek movies.  Must get caught up someday.

11/05/2013 at 10:41

Morning. Enjoy, Hash! 

I have a 10k race this evening. And another tomorrow morning. Day off on Monday then a 5k race on Tuesday evening. It's all going to hurt. 

Good luck to those doing the tri this weekend.

11/05/2013 at 11:04
Hash wrote (see)

JT hopefully the laxatives were after the 10 mile run?  Otherwise my top tip is don't wear hi-viz, it's rubbish for hiding in shrubbery.

PMSL 

11/05/2013 at 15:22

Good luck to everyone racing this weeked  JT, hope you are feeling better today.

My recycling bin is full, and it isn't bin day until Thursday.

I spent this morning putting up electric fencing to keep asbo-horse from fighting with the others.  I am now shattered and considering doing nothing for a while.

11/05/2013 at 15:36

I've been in the river and got attacked by a dog and a swan.

11/05/2013 at 15:47

I am proud of Mr P

A dog I could handle but swans is scary!

11/05/2013 at 15:55

The dog did more damage!  It was trying to be friendly but I didn't appreciate being climbed on while trying to tread water.  They have sharp little claws and several of us have the marks to prove it!

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.