Because they are women of mystique and wonder  

I have a new medal *strokes medal*. 

I also have a headache *massages head*

I'm obviously in a tactile mood *strokes the thread*

12/05/2013 at 20:16

Did you stroke DS's bike?  I did

12/05/2013 at 20:38

I have just eaten 2 ginger biscuits.

Buggyfit tomorrow, I'm thinking about going for a r*n later this week too.

12/05/2013 at 23:44
I've had some cold toast. I like cold toast. I've taken some more laxatives.
13/05/2013 at 06:06

I like toast when it's hot

Morning mundanies 

Museli with blueberries and strawberries this morning.

13/05/2013 at 06:39

Thanks to all for the support yesterday -  much appreciated.  It was great to be able to meet some lovely Mundanies again.  I wish we could have stayed and played a bit longer, but we needed to get back to Dawn Dog.

I've had a chocolate chip cookie for breafast, and I don't feel in the least bit guilty.

13/05/2013 at 07:35

Morning, I detect a quiet satisfaction across the thread. 

gingerfurball    pirate
13/05/2013 at 09:42

Morning all...did you lot meet up again??

13/05/2013 at 10:07

Morning. Well done to all for a weekend of fantastic feats... and/or feet. 

Yesterday's Jack and Jill 10k was lots of fun. Virtually all off road, lots of hills and mud and we even had to run along a river for a little way, then clamber out and go up a sheer cliff face type hill! (Well it seemed like it at the time, my memory of the whole thing is a bit foggy). We then had a pub lunch which was most excellent, then a 2 hour coach ride home. 

We all got a lovely medal as well.

Oh, and I met Jill but didn't see Jack. He might've been getting plastered...

Edited: 13/05/2013 at 10:08
13/05/2013 at 11:36

Carrot!!! 

I've had an 80% DNA rate today

13/05/2013 at 11:48

That's good Cake! So far I have 0 carrots 

13/05/2013 at 16:38

I also have zero carrots.......but that's probably cos I didn't plant any 

gingerfurball    pirate
13/05/2013 at 16:48

I bought carrots at lunctime! 

13/05/2013 at 18:09

I ate carrots for lunch.

For the benefit of GFB... Cake, Bookie, Duck, Tom, DS and myself all met up to do a triathlon together.  I would like to say that it was fun but I hated it.

13/05/2013 at 19:44

I haven't had carrots today but I bought a parsnip, broccoli and courgette for Mini2's weaning menu. I made him a lovely evening meal and then dropped it all over the floor. I suppose it saved time as he is at the tasting & spitting out stage so I just missed out the middle man.

I am still planning a r*n, Wednesday I think, given I've not gone out for a r*n in *cough* 18-ish months I think I can safely leave the garmin in the drawer!

13/05/2013 at 21:53

Good evening! I'm knackered!

My race report.

I swam a bit. Whilst swimming a bit I realised I hadn't pinned my race numbers onto my race top. I cursed a bit (but I don't think anyone could hear me underwater).

After exiting the pool, I spent an inordinate amount of time faffing about with safety pins. My top now numbered, I reached for my cycle shorts. Alas, they were not in my kit bag. Cake's cycle shorts however, were. I'd picked them up by mistake, and having no other option I pulled on Cake's cycle shorts which... didn't quite fit. I then cycled a bit, in a head wind. My hands were numb. My bum was numb. Cake's cycle shorts flapped about in the wind. I saw a cyclist overtaking another cyclist, who was overtaking another cyclist, all three of whom were being overtaken by a car. I ran through CPR in my mind, but fortunately I didn't need to use it. Cockwombling cyclists and driver!

Back in transition, I racked my bike then set off on the run, still wearing Cake's cycle shorts. They began to slip down. I pulled them up. They slipped again. About 300m into the course, I sat on the grass, removed my shoes and took off the cycle shorts. I then did the run (run/walk) carrying them. Makes a difference from clutching a water bottle. The rain held off until about the second lap, but by then I was all hot and bothered and had a Shawshank Redemption style basking in the rain type moment, which I thoroughly enjoyed. 

All in all, it was a good day. The medal is huge and shiny (*strokes medal*), I love Stratford, and the Mundanies are wonderful and lovely  

13/05/2013 at 22:17

Is tofu (the extra firm stuff) good to BBQ?

13/05/2013 at 22:19

now I want to see Cake in your cycling shorts just to complete the picture.

13/05/2013 at 22:20

Well done Bookie, and I thought it was only me who could do comedy moments in a triathlon. I did not get a medal, I got a supermarket trolley token with the race logo on.

In bin news, my food waste bin was collected OK, 4 neighbours had the contents of their bins emptied by the foxes. I cheat by keeping it in the enclosed porch and only put it out on the collection morning. The foxes did our bin first of all, I reckon they saw me putting food bag in at night and decided to try opening the bin, which did not take long.

14/05/2013 at 07:25

Oh dear Bookie, that sounds anything but mundane!  Well done!  

It is windy again here.  I am not pleased.  I also have 0 carrots, and 0 beans, and 0 potatoes, and 0 courgettes.  My herbs look well though, and I am maintaining hope for the rest of the veg.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.