Mundane thread

44,341 to 44,360 of 49,591 messages
28/05/2013 at 07:31

Hash, I am just a little bit jealous of your musical antics...  Did your 10K go well?  Nice to be pain-free after race, if not before thanks to evil thumbs!

Chillies, that sounds like a rather nice weekend - glad the guitar is on the mend.

JT, hope you are less tired today

Caz - WOW.  Completely in awe of you and your plans.  Forgive my ignorance, but how long does it take to swim the channel?  When are you planning on doing it?  

I had a rather lovely weekend, mainly playing ponies.  Did a pub ride Saturday, then out to my friend's house yesterday to ride her two - she lives in an absolutely beautiful area with loads of off-road riding, and the horse she lent me is luuuuverly.

Today I am back at work, and wondering when I can fit in a run...

28/05/2013 at 10:43

Hash and Blouse have excellent taste in music - Cake was exceedingly jealous of Mr. Hash's collection!

I've never asked - do you have a predicted time to do the swim Caz? Or is it  just a case of making the best of the conditions on the day?

I feel like an old person after this bank holiday weekend  *cradles throbbing head*

28/05/2013 at 17:16

Mr Frodo was very excited by the Blouse-Hash collections, too.

28/05/2013 at 18:48

*looks embarrassed*  I forgot we had newbies here

Yes, I am swimming the Channel in about 9 weeks.  I've been planning and training for it for 3 years.  Its something I've wanted to do since I was a kid and I always thought that it was a pipe dream.  Then three years ago things fell into place that allowed me to take a shot at it.

I think the record for crossing the Channel is something like 8 hours.  The longest I've known anyone to take was about 26 hours.  I'm estimating that it will take me 16 hours but it is so dependent on the conditions on the day and however fast you are and however hard you have trained, there is still a high failure rate if things go wrong unexpectedly.

I have a blog at http://channellingoptimism.blogspot.co.uk/ which I keep forgetting to update.

I am raising money for Macmillan https://www.justgiving.com/Carmen-Scales and diabetes UK https://www.justgiving.com/Carmen-Scales1

I won't be posting these links again unless people ask as I don't feel that this is the right place for them

28/05/2013 at 18:52

Awesome, awesome and awesome again

28/05/2013 at 20:40

It is amazing, I can't imagine doing something like Caz is undertaking.

I have bought a copy of Runners World, please don't tell anyone!

28/05/2013 at 21:21

Did anyone see you KJ? 

10K was..... er.... a pretty route, thanks Madbee, plus I got an excellent wicking t-shirt that actually fitted.  The rules were that you had to hand your race chip in to get your t-shirt, so I nabbed mine before the start so that I didn't get stuck with the usual flappy-tent bloke-size.  The downside was that as I was running into the village at 5K, I saw the leading greyhounds running out at 7K.   Still, no chip no checking so I'm pleased to report that I won the race with a stonking time of 25 minutes plus a beer stop at mile 4 which may have taken longer than advertised t deal with

In mundane news, my nose appears to be growing.

29/05/2013 at 09:28

Morning!

Half day today *bounce bounce bounce*

But first I have to deal with Dr. Liversausage

*puts kettle on and lays out a tray of biscuits*

29/05/2013 at 19:16

*tumble weed*

29/05/2013 at 19:22

Ooooooh - biscuits

*puts kettle back on*

29/05/2013 at 19:35

Quiet here today! Hope all's well with mundanies.

Hash wrote (see)

Did anyone see you KJ? 

10K was..... er.... a pretty route, thanks Madbee, plus I got an excellent wicking t-shirt that actually fitted.  The rules were that you had to hand your race chip in to get your t-shirt, so I nabbed mine before the start so that I didn't get stuck with the usual flappy-tent bloke-size.  The downside was that as I was running into the village at 5K, I saw the leading greyhounds running out at 7K.   Still, no chip no checking so I'm pleased to report that I won the race with a stonking time of 25 minutes plus a beer stop at mile 4 which may have taken longer than advertised t deal with

In mundane news, my nose appears to be growing.

Nobody saw me but it was in Sains so will be tracked forever on my loyalty card.

Loving the race report, I did giggle!

29/05/2013 at 19:51

Anybody want more tea?  I'm gasping *puts kettle on*

29/05/2013 at 19:53

Yes please!

29/05/2013 at 19:53

Its actually RAINING in Calgary - whooppee do!  Will be doing some speedwork this evening, but sooo tired.

Vacation soon to be planned for 2nd week July - TFFT.

30/05/2013 at 06:10

Morning

Junglechicken you'd love it over here, we're really spoilt with that sort of weather

A pot of Twinings is on the go, with pro-plus chasers and matchsticks for propping eyes open if anyone wants some.

30/05/2013 at 07:53

Uurrrr.

30/05/2013 at 08:23

I see your uurrrr and raise you a bleurgh, Mr P.

30/05/2013 at 10:40

I was going to try and be productive today. So far I have achieved nothing. Not good.

Tomorrow the sun will shine and I will have too much to do, like running and swimming and laying bricks.

It is grey with sundhine here. I have broken my chair bed. I shall fix that or sleep on the floor.

30/05/2013 at 14:23

Fargle.

30/05/2013 at 15:20

One more speedwork session and one more hill rep session before the big day.  Speedwork went well yesterday - we used a 250m cul-de-sac for laps.  Legs hurt a bit today.  Doing an 8k easy run later....

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.