Mundane thread

45,081 to 45,100 of 49,555 messages
16/07/2013 at 19:43

I'm loving being back in England and eating proper English Cheddar.  Irish Cheddar is bland by comparison.

Its too hot for tidying the house but I have two viewings tomorrow so I have to clear it enough that they can get into each room

16/07/2013 at 19:44

Feel free to suggest team names though! 

It was bin day here. Roger made it to the kerb and back (team work! Cake took him out, I brought him in) and is now resting comfortable in the shade of a privet hedge. 

16/07/2013 at 19:58

Currently my kitchen is hiding under piles of towels, swimming kit, clothes and bedding that went to Ireland with me.  Looks like it's biscuits for dinner then

16/07/2013 at 20:12

I continue to wrestle with imploding inner tube rubber and Dawn Dog is now tyre phobic.  My clothes are all washed and dried though. 

16/07/2013 at 20:31

evening loves....i have a new turbo trainer!....

nothing else to report, as you were,

gingerfurball    pirate
16/07/2013 at 20:46

I'm going out a bike ride tomorrow  That'll be second bike ride since May 2009. The other one being Sunday past I may be back cycling again!! :O

16/07/2013 at 20:50

i love the bike GFB, in fact, i rarely run these days ...

16/07/2013 at 22:43

My pile of ironing is growing, but I will have to do it either very late in the day or really early, far too hot otherwise.

16/07/2013 at 23:17

I have a funny lump on my face. No not my nose. i don't know how I came to be aware of it but now I can't leave it alone.

Team names? What for Bookworm? Oh Outlaw. Ponders.

17/07/2013 at 00:14

My (occasional nowadays) quiz team generally suffers under team names that I lift from films. Three points for spotting the films, and a two point bonus for spotting the misquotes

1. Zulus sir, thousands of them

2. We're gonna need a bigger boat

3. It wasn't the airplanes

17/07/2013 at 00:19

And remember, using google to find the answers will make you feel dirty and cheap

17/07/2013 at 06:06

I'm bored. Yes I know, as my mother used to say 'only boring people get bored' well I'm bored and fed up and everything there is to do is just made up.

I don't really feel like doing anything. There are things that I could be doing, just don't feel like it so I'm twidling my thumbs waiting for something to happen.

17/07/2013 at 07:47

I know what you mean about 'made up' stuff Mousey - I often feel (especially at work) that my life revolves around stuff that is invented for the sake of just creating something to do for a few people in a bit of a make-believe universe.  Possibly a little philosophical for first thing in the morning, and apparently I can't really explain what I mean, but maybe you know what I'm trying to say

In mundane news, there are currently 3 sizes of milk bottle in my fridge.  I have nearly emptied the 4 pinter, but didn't want to buy another one that big as Mr Mad is away and it might go off, so I got a 2 pinter.  I got home to discover I had already bought a single pint which I thought I'd used but apparently not. I think this may be too mundane even for the mundane thread...

Cake    pirate
17/07/2013 at 09:15
chillies for breakfast wrote (see)

My (occasional nowadays) quiz team generally suffers under team names that I lift from films. Three points for spotting the films, and a two point bonus for spotting the misquotes

1. Zulus sir, thousands of them

Mis quote Zules to the south east thousands of them Flim Zulu

2. We're gonna need a bigger boat

Jaws

3. It wasn't the airplanes?

17/07/2013 at 09:36

Today I have hurtled down a hill on a bike with a front wheel that doesn't want to be a front wheel.

I have swimbled lengths of one handed front crawl, but the 2 handed front crawl still escapes me.

I then walked the dog, became distracted by a humungous piece of garden ornament and walked sideways into a telegraph pole (that hurt lots).

It's been a funny old morning - maybe cheese will help.

Cake    pirate
17/07/2013 at 09:39

That or bacon? (((hugs)))

17/07/2013 at 09:45

Excellent idea!  *Looks around hopefully for a  'Press for Bacon' button*.

17/07/2013 at 10:58

Bacon bits in my fridge, along with the excess milk

*rummages for bacon to throw into thread*

Aha.  Here you go.

17/07/2013 at 11:18

It is hot as hell in this consultation room. I feel ill

17/07/2013 at 11:54

(((Madbee)))  Oooh thanks, bacon bits  *nom, nom, nom*

(((Bookie))) *mops fevered brow*

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.