Mundane thread

45,141 to 45,160 of 49,592 messages
20/07/2013 at 09:26

I'm pleased in a sad sort of way.  I've got fresh raspberries, fresh veg, meat, gf yorkshire puddings and organic milk.  Oh how I've missed those things

20/07/2013 at 10:53

I have fresh raspberries. Raspberries and loganberries and tayberries. I also have fresh salad veg thanks to SOLB takining me to sainsbugs yesterday.

I need a more productive day today. The world is slipping by.

20/07/2013 at 12:45

I have swum in open water without a wetsuit. It was nice.

23 degrees the official temp and did 1.07 miles.

Need some lunch and then a nap, did not sleep well last night and Mr Steady has a cold so behaves like a child, got up at don't ask stupid O'clock and put out some olbas oil stuff to help clear his stuffiness. I have opened all the windows to let the smell out, somehow in winter it doesnot smell so bad.

Edited: 20/07/2013 at 12:45
20/07/2013 at 21:11

evening!

Our garage door is being painted green, I am liking the new colour.

20/07/2013 at 22:14

A good race. not as GCtastic as 2011 but froome was a lot closer to losing it than the 5mins would have you believe. so room for years of argument there over stage 9 and whether froome could have lost the jersey.

Some good stages and good attitude. all obvious performances people have pointed out but in general the riders rose to the challenge and gave it a good go. a lot of teams underperformed or failed to show but plenty tried. BMC punched below their weight but tried  Good to see the sprints shared about.

Europacar were moronic at times and made poor use of what they had. feel sorry for thibout and fdj. just fell apart. Astana were poor. birdsong was just left to it on his own.

+ marks for saxo and garmin really making a race of it at times along with quickstep/belkin. shame for them that the dutch challenge faded in the alpes.

the suffering on the alpe looking very convincing all round. the sharp end of that day took years off riders.
Young men at bottom where middle aged at the top

the structure of the race was good...tweak it here and there.  shout out for the second technical  hilly tt which was  very successful at producing a close stage and decent spectacle.

the whole day on the alpe was pretty memorable as stages go. ...

overall not 1987 or 89 but a hell of a lot better than 2008, 2012, 2004, 2005 and a host of others

ok better or worse than 2011?... I would say better because it was more engaging the whole way through where as 2011 didn't come alive until the 3rd.   www.d2ride.co.uk

20/07/2013 at 22:17

Plan to try those 'barefoot' five finger shoes ...... Don't savour the thought though, as I have really sensitive tootsies.  Half marathon season hasn't gone to plan at all, with 2 cancelled so far.  Next one I signed up for is on Sept 8th, and I have to get my distances back up again as well as hold off running until this injury has cleared up.

20/07/2013 at 22:31

I'm planning my post swim life, because for the first time in a year I will have chance for a life

20/07/2013 at 23:08

Very exciting SuperCaz - what are your top 5 'most looking forward to' things on your list?!

21/07/2013 at 08:29

Morning. It's rained. 

21/07/2013 at 10:45

No rain here. Been out with the hose pipe but I filled the water butt from the bath yesterday so I can use that tonight.

Run planned here, just need to get off my fat bum and get out the door. I really need a motivation fairy. Should have got up early this morn but was too tired.

Maybe a day on the beach tomorrow. Feeling sorry for myself, this will not do.

hope you recover from your injuries JC. You've got the miles and the fitness so getting back into the swing once you can should not bee too hard. hope it goes well.

21/07/2013 at 11:22

morning Internet is very hit and n miss here just S well there is nothing happening.  

gingerfurball    pirate
21/07/2013 at 17:32

Hi all. Still loving the weather here not loving the two massive beastie bites I got at the beach the other day (I take these horrible allergic reaction to bites...swelling...lumps...like weird hot bubbles on my skin ugh!!) so I'm on anti inflammatories, anti-histamine and other medical intervention. *trying not to scratch*

21/07/2013 at 19:18

Well it must have been an eventful day for everyone. 

I took my camera for a run but the battery was flat so photo's. Was a bit hazy anyway but the run was good.

21/07/2013 at 21:37

My phone ran out of battery so I couldn't photograph the full moon reflected in the sea.  I will try ttomorrow.  fantastic show in Paris, well done Chris Froome 

21/07/2013 at 22:09

Yes Mr Puffy the light show was great.

In mundane news, I have eaten all the cheese in the house and the bins are ready to go out in the morning.

22/07/2013 at 04:39

Appreciate the encouragement Mouse, thx    There are worse things that could have happened, that's for sure.  Am going to start walk/runs tomo and see how it feels.  Hope you're doing ok.

gingerfurball    pirate
22/07/2013 at 08:39

I did a little cheese inventory this morning and I have three different types of cheddar, some Brie, some dolcelatte, some smoked German and a little bit of french roule. Tsk! Running low then!  

22/07/2013 at 09:30

The cheese here is awful. The feta is nice but cheddar is disgusting like chewing salt. 

22/07/2013 at 10:20

Two DNAs to start the day, and not a hint of cheese on the horizon. Mondays! Pah!

22/07/2013 at 11:25

Good morning and welcome to a new week. i see the excitement of the working day has brought mundanes out in force.

Hoping to go swimbling in the sea today, thart's after I go back into town and buy the anthisan that I forgot to buy just now.

Should have a busy week ahead of me, lots to do and it won't do itself. Only the chocolate appears to get eaten without any outside help.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.