Mundane thread

45,241 to 45,260 of 48,530 messages
26/07/2013 at 08:38

Hullo to DoubleohDave.

I have rescued the bin from the roadside and brought it back under the cover of the trees.

I have a headache, wonder if it's paintfumes or bin fumes. I wonder what was in that bin.

I have tea.

26/07/2013 at 08:45

Hullo back to widow hog-mouse

SuperCaz makes me think of supercaligragilisticexpealitrocious

26/07/2013 at 10:05

Hello Dave - do you like cheese?

My commute was delayed this morning by a herd of cows. They were being moved between fields, and seemed to enjoy headbutting my car

gingerfurball    pirate
26/07/2013 at 10:12

Morning all - it's quite a nice day here...my hair is still straight despite the mad humidity yesterday.

Cake - MrGFB did the Ireman a couple of years ago...it's pretty tough (the run is over pavements, a beach and really rough fields) - the swim is in a lovely harbour/bay kind of place and the bike is pretty good with mostly motor way as far as I know.

(I got my first ever points on my licence driving there trying to follow road re-directions and not noticing the speed limit - they come off next month so that means it's 3 years since he did it )

Itwas very well organised and the scenery is gorgeous!!

If the CakeBooks are doing it we might too (I have a big birthday next year and big plans to go along with it!!)

Edited: 26/07/2013 at 10:14
26/07/2013 at 10:33

Is it hilly GFB? And is the water choppy? I'm a big wimp...

What are your big birthday plans?

DoubleOhDave wrote (see)

Hullo back to widow hog-mouse

SuperCaz makes me think of supercaligragilisticexpealitrocious

I think it's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious...  

Cake    pirate
26/07/2013 at 10:40

Please say there are some hill’s? I’m on the market for a A race next year and hoping to be able to fit in giant’s hill marathon in so the dates work well. This one looks perfect with a sea swim, good attitude from the website and cheap. Been thinking about IM nice but other than some cool kids going I’m not sold on the race, it’s expensive and I bet there is better beer your neck of the woods. Is there much of a rip tide for the sea?

gingerfurball    pirate
26/07/2013 at 10:48

I think there are some hills on the bike - but the roads are good because of the motorway (dual carriage ways??) On the swim you start on the beach and you have to go against the waves to get out a bit but MrGFB didn't think it was too hard.

The run is hard (he fell over a few times because the fields were very rough!) and it's hard to run across sand.

(Birthday celebrations are looking like planning to do IM70.3LZ *eek*!! - and I better get a party lol!!)

Cake    pirate
26/07/2013 at 10:56

26/07/2013 at 11:02

All this tri talk is beginning to send faint whispers into my head about attempting one.  My swimming is atrocious and I hate cycling, but all the same, I am having peculiar wonderings about tri-ing a short one...

Cake    pirate
26/07/2013 at 11:45

Cake    pirate
26/07/2013 at 11:56

If you’re interested in doing one may I suggest you take on a sprint tri and decide if you like it before spending any cash on kit. Do you have or have access to a bike? If you don’t I’m sure there are way’s around it and stuff, it doesn’t have to be a posh bike just something that can work and is road safe. If you want any help with any aspect of a tri there are some cool kids on this thread or if you go in the tri threads there are a right bunch of nutter’s. You might like to take a look at training for a shorter tri thread. Depending on what tri you might be thinking of doing if I can get to it and free would be happy to go do it with you and a few other kids might be to.

26/07/2013 at 12:08

... not to talk about the dark side too much, but are you doing Stratford again next year Cake? 

(((Madbee))) once that little voice starts, you're already lost.

Cake    pirate
26/07/2013 at 12:11

Asume so mate havn't got a master plan for 2014 yet and you never know if sarah get's a cool job that's miles away might have to miss out. Going to do sept this year at Stratford with the better half but not entered yet if your interested?  

26/07/2013 at 12:20

Thanks for the heads up Cake, but I'm gonna wait until next year.  I'm planning to make the May one a target for my front crawl to be sorted out.

26/07/2013 at 12:43

Loooooooove cheese. Specially with a cheeky red!

26/07/2013 at 12:45

Cake, I would most definitely be doing a sprint and no more for the first one - none of this Couch to Ironman stuff  Thank you very much for your kind offer - it's just an idea at this stage - got a marathon to do first - but I may take you up on it in a few months time!  I have an ancient bike with no brakes that I suspect is made of lead (maybe this is why I hate cycling..?)  but my neighbour is a very keen cyclist and I'm sure would lend me one if I fancied it.  Uurgh, it's getting to be more than a whisper now, I'm thinking about ways of making it happen - quick, stop talking!!  Focus on bins.  Or cheese.

(So how do I learn to swim properly..?)

26/07/2013 at 12:47

The job prospects aren't exactly bountiful

I'm planning on entering for the autumn race, and probably for spring too. That race has a special place in my heart

Whereabouts do you live Madbee? If you want to try a tri, it's nice to have some friendly faces there

Cake    pirate
26/07/2013 at 12:58
DoubleOhDave wrote (see)

Loooooooove cheese. Specially with a cheeky red!

Excellent taste sir.

Madbee wrote (see)

Cake, I would most definitely be doing a sprint and no more for the first one - none of this Couch to Ironman stuff  Thank you very much for your kind offer - it's just an idea at this stage - got a marathon to do first - but I may take you up on it in a few months time!  I have an ancient bike with no brakes that I suspect is made of lead (maybe this is why I hate cycling..?)  but my neighbour is a very keen cyclist and I'm sure would lend me one if I fancied it.  Uurgh, it's getting to be more than a whisper now, I'm thinking about ways of making it happen - quick, stop talking!!  Focus on bins.  Or cheese.

(So how do I learn to swim properly..?)

Whats your starting point for swimming? Can you swim and what stroke? For a first time out I wouldn't worry to much unless you can't actually swim decide if you like it before getting all tecnical about it. If you havn't been in the water for years you could use some swimming as cross training for your marathon if that sounds good?

Just say the word when you decide if you want it to happen and anything you need at least one of us can help you with. *starts up the brainwashing machine*

26/07/2013 at 13:06

Going to be off-forum for a week as I'm holiday for a week.  My cheap mobile gets me e-mail and Facebook so I'll be able to keep up with the important stuff - such as a certain Channel swim. 

I'm off up to the Highlands of Scotland for a week's orienteering in the Scottish 6 Days.  I suspect that my desire for the chance to cool down will be well and truly met.

Cake    pirate
26/07/2013 at 13:10

Cool can you report back what bins they have and also hope you have a very good time. All of you beware of squirrals linky

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.