Mundane thread

45,621 to 45,640 of 48,497 messages
11/08/2013 at 19:07

How's your sting now Mouse? 

I have a headache 

11/08/2013 at 19:40

I've done my first swim since The Swim and it was nice to be able to do a bit of it with heads up breaststroke while having a gossip.  Met up with a friend who completed her solo the day before me, and also a relay swimmer.

I had a house viewing yesterday and I showed her the bins.  She must be impressed as she is coming back tomorrow

11/08/2013 at 20:04

Cake keeps phoning me. Except I can't hear anything other than heavy metal music. 

I've made myself a cup of tea

11/08/2013 at 20:10

I'm thinking about going to bed.

11/08/2013 at 22:48

I am going to bed. Too tired for a bath now. I shall just remain smelly until the morning.

11/08/2013 at 23:08

I'm off to bed soon. My knitting is not going as well as planned, and I'm being a stress monkey over stuff and nonsense (not the knitting I hasten to add! )

Be gentle with Cake tomorrow. He'll have a hangover 

12/08/2013 at 07:06

MORNING MUNDANIES!!  Oops, sorry Cake *whispers* Morning all

Hope you slept well Mr P, Mousey and Bookie.

SCaz, well done on your swim, must be nice to have the pressure of training off and just have an enjoyable splash about!  I bet your bins will have sold the house.  They sound very well maintained when you talk about them.

I got spat on and almost knocked over by a llama yesterday.  They are the chavs of the animal kingdom.

12/08/2013 at 08:01

Unexected day off work as there was a fire.  I might spend my time polishing the bins to perfection ready for my house visitor.

12/08/2013 at 08:27

Polishing your bins, makes me feel like a second rate citizen. I could wash my dustbins, they are looking a bit grubby but need to be where I can here the postman, which is not the back garden. Window painting it is then.

gingerfurball    pirate
12/08/2013 at 09:50

Morning all -we have a guy in a van who washes our bins each week (£2.50 a week) and we have lovely antiseptic smelling bins all the time

Had a lovely weekend, just nice and relaxing...I wish we had a camper van...I've priced those big travelling jobbies and I'd need to win the lotto to afford it!

The All Ireland Fleadh is in town (pronounced Flahhh) basically the town in inundated by diddly dee music.  There are many competitions and much much music...we're expecting in the region of 300,000 extra visitors.  The main changes I can see are that they have blocked off the centre of the town to taffic, there are several massive campsites that have been arranged and a bunch of "pop-up" pubs.  Should be good craic anyway.

(I can't type today...it took me a good wee while to do this  )

Cake    pirate
12/08/2013 at 10:25

I have a headache 

Cake    pirate
12/08/2013 at 12:19
Ultra Bookie wrote (see)

Cake keeps phoning me. Except I can't hear anything other than heavy metal music. 

I've made myself a cup of tea

Sorry I was trying to get you to listen to the really good songs. I saw a lot of average metal yesterday and also gama Bomb, Amthrax and slayer. It's was very very very heavy metal and the pit was like a wild beast maybe some sort of fluffy rabbit?

In mundane news today I think I might go straight to bed when I finish w**k?

12/08/2013 at 14:25

*puts hearing aid on Christmas shopping list*

One of my patients has invited me round his house... 

gingerfurball    pirate
12/08/2013 at 14:30

...my bloody saga with Santander continues...so I went into the branch on Saturday as I still don't have my debit card (2 weeks later) to lodge money and asked what was keeping my card...guy looks up computer...sneaks a glance at me....back to the computer and *cough*  *clears throat*  *hmmm* - it appears that they haven't ordered the new one yet OR put a bar on the compromised card!!  

So apology and no other recourse other than to order the new card which should have  been on my hands ages ago!

12/08/2013 at 15:45

First part of my Channel report is on my blog at last

http://channellingoptimism.blogspot.co.uk/

The rest will appear over the next few days

Cake    pirate
12/08/2013 at 16:29

Cool and about time. I shall read it and enjoy later once the room stops spinning.

12/08/2013 at 17:09

Woo, thanks Caz

GFB, that sounds immensely annoying!  Hope they sort it out soon.

I also have a headache. 

Cake    pirate
12/08/2013 at 17:22

In mundane news

12/08/2013 at 18:41

All my bins are safely in, the neighbours bins are also back in and I have fed their cat as requested. This is the first time I have ever had to look after a cat, luckily they do not seem to mind my lack of experience in such matters.

12/08/2013 at 18:55

The girl came back to look at the house.  She seems to genuinely like it and thinks it is good value for money

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.