Mundane thread

45,661 to 45,680 of 49,108 messages
Cake    pirate
13/08/2013 at 15:57

I used to love christmas.

13/08/2013 at 16:02

I started making Christmas presents last weekend

Get yourself a new job and you can rekindle your love of Christmas! It will be like a heart warming Disney film

13/08/2013 at 16:15

Christmas will be good this year.

13/08/2013 at 16:16

I've already bought some of my Christmas presents. Admitidly I wanted certain things to be from david and me so I bought very early. Certain things I knew I had to buy like two cake tins, one 5 and the other zero.

I've sorted the door problem and have bought 3 door and a door frame. I have also bought 3 bags of red gravel and some cement and some lime and quite a lot of other fiddly bits.

I'd better not take a sledge hammer to the kitchen just yet.

yes, lets have a great big mundane meet up.

Cake    pirate
13/08/2013 at 16:31

Did you say sledge hammer?  I work well with a sledge and rarely get to use one.

13/08/2013 at 16:47

I'm happy to host again if people want another Christmas Oop North?

I was thinking about it the other day but thought I might be lynched if I suggested it in August...

13/08/2013 at 16:51

I've been thinking about it too.  Christmas is a difficult time for me and I would like to know that I've got something to look forward to

Cake    pirate
13/08/2013 at 16:55

I'd be more than happy if it was up north again but thinking some of you kids might want to show us your local pubs? Anyone got any views and stuff we are all spreadout and stuff.  As long as it's within Sarah's driving distance I'd be happy going anywhere as I can't drive.

13/08/2013 at 17:53

Good idea, but please do not ask me to organise. Willing to travel a bit to meet everyone.

13/08/2013 at 20:20

I'd be happy to host an autumnal get-together so that the hardy souls can camp in the like minded wusses can have the double bed/single fouton/sofas/floors.  I'm a hell of a long way from most of you though, so totally understand if it's too far.

Cake wrote (see)

Hash it was this festival was rocktastic.

Gah, my thighs are broken having opened that incredibly heavy link!   I'll allocate you and Blouse a soundproof corner and will dispense my only work-perk (earplugs) to everyone else.

13/08/2013 at 21:58

Took delivery of a hydration pack today in readiness for the Wolds Mini Mountain Marathon on Saturday.  What amazed me was that it appears to have been posted through the letter box.  I have tried to repeat this feat and have come to the conclusion that this was not physically possible.

Better week for running.  Been out with two groups I've not been to before this week and tonights was a succesful non-stop 10k run.

13/08/2013 at 22:40

LR

13/08/2013 at 22:47

Hash, you are closer to me than those funny northeners.

Maybe once I finish building D's castle you can all come here and live like kings for a day.

13/08/2013 at 23:24

Can we choose which kings? I'd go for Henry VIII but I bet I end up as George III.

I got the pictures of last Christmas out yesterday, I was showing a supplier pictures of Caz at the pub and swimming the channel and it was lovely seeing SOLB with Mini2. 

it would be lovely to do it again wherever.

14/08/2013 at 01:38

Bookie - click here, and then double click on the double headed arrow (M shape). The police telephone boc really is outside of Earl's court tube station, I saw it Saturday

14/08/2013 at 07:07

Ooo, I would like to play, (if it's not too far South)  

How do I get on the Facebook site Bookie?  Shall I PM you my name for you to add?

Bear, that is amazing!  I'm not a huge fan of Sci Fi (except Douglas Adams), but love that such things exist!

In a dramatic continuation of the Sharon Fruit situation, I started trying to eat it, only for the person who gave it to me to come flying into the room to inform me that it was not ripe.  I am now waiting for it to ripen before I attempt to consume it.  I don't think I have ever eaten one before, so wouldn't actually know if it was ripe or not, but I appreciate being told, so that I do not have a disappointing First Sharon Fruit Experience.  

You were all enthralled by that, weren't you?

14/08/2013 at 07:07

Also, Christmas = lots of cheese. I love Christmas.

14/08/2013 at 07:49

G'morning mundanies

Skippy took his fortnightly trip to the kerbside yesterday. 

I have to cut my nails again.

(((Cake))) messaged ya mate.

14/08/2013 at 08:09

Morning. Sharon fruit are orange and a little 'old' looking when they are ripe. They taste really nice. (Which probably doesn't help much).

Well that was breakfast. Why can't it be bigger with fewer calories and not leave you feeling bloated? Still tea to come.

Realised that I have tripple booked Friday. duh silly me. Still, door frame arrives today so I need to get on with castle building.

14/08/2013 at 09:08

I runned yesterday, we had another go bimbling around the tube, knockking 19 minute off our PB

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.