Mundane thread

45,881 to 45,900 of 49,699 messages
23/08/2013 at 16:14

I forgot to take my cheese, ham and pickle sandwich into work. So I resorted to a bacon sarnie from the café, it was really scrummy. Not a good idea when you have cycled 12 miles to work and had an extra one in the box in case of the raving munchies.

I leave DIY to Mr Steady who is brilliant at it, although I can be a helpful assistant if needed, I just provide cups of coffee at suitable intervals.

Enjoy your meander Jacs.

gingerfurball    pirate
23/08/2013 at 16:20

I have just downloaded the complete works of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle to my Kindle....49p well spent

23/08/2013 at 21:11

Friday night Bank Holiday

Tomorrow we are going to leave both the Mini's with MrKJ's parents for a couple of hours. That's going to be interesting.....

23/08/2013 at 21:20

bank holiday, mrs p,has a rare weekend off so we are going to London. National portrait gallery for the BP prize, unexpected bonus of aN exhibition of Bob Dylan works, then the V&A for an exhibition of 80s pop fashion  then Brick lane market on Sunday.

I love Sherlock Holmes, some people keep a little Trollope in the bedroom but I have a   Conan Doyle too GFB.

CJ if I do that I just feel so sorry for the brave little sandwich all alone in the empty kitchen 

23/08/2013 at 21:34

Rest assured Mr P, it got eaten when I got home, as it had been left in the fridge.

Tomorrow it is a visit to Father in law to help clear some clutter, at least one kitchen cupboard is on the list. Idid one cupboard some time ago that had old herbs and spices dating back to the 1990's. He has done some sorting but can't physically get rid of the unwanted, so the trailer is going to taken so we can fit it all in and maybe get rid of the rubbish at his local tip, rather than bring it all home with us.

23/08/2013 at 21:35

It would appear thart the cats have gone to the cattery for nothing.

I have very tired legs and have eaten too much, not that the two are related.

Seems like it might be wet tomorrow, better get the washing in then.

Like your weekend plans Mr. P. 

24/08/2013 at 07:50

Morning, we are just leaving, it is pissing down here, hope it is sunny in the South.

24/08/2013 at 09:29

Morning mundanies.  It is pissing down here too so today will be a lazy one.  So far, I have cut my toenails and put some washing on.  

24/08/2013 at 09:46

Good morning all

(((mousey)))  I hope the kittys enjoyed their holiday.

(((Mr P.))) Have a good journey, I suspect Polly may need her hat on just in case.

(((Madbee))) Did you account for all your toenail clippings?

24/08/2013 at 11:17

Bored bored bored.

It's now peeing down. I still have washing on the line, I don't think it's getting very dry. 

I'm trying to complete college application forms, quite boring. Not very clear on how much I have to pay either when there's lots of jargon and numbers. All very well telling me about all the loans and discounts etc, I just need to know the bottom line. I guess they expect everyone to need help with paying. If they didn't make the courses so expensive they wouldn't have to offer financial help.

Anyway, afterthis I might do some arty farty stuff or look for recycled plastic materials. I may go for a recycled plastic roof, don't know, they do shingles. Last longer that felt.

I feel like screaming. :O but louder.

24/08/2013 at 14:38

*runs in with emergency cheese and bubble wrap*  I thought I heard screaming..

http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/586625/gallery/stress_relief_bubble.jpg?width=350

Edited: 24/08/2013 at 14:38
24/08/2013 at 20:04

oooh bubble wrap, don't mind if I do!

There is a bike upside down in my living room. It's not mine.

25/08/2013 at 09:52

(((KJ))) Is it still upside down, has anybody claimed it yet - have you checked the little saddle bag for cheese?

I have biked, there was some actual traffic and everything - I survived.

25/08/2013 at 11:06

How did the forms go Mouse? I've been investigating a college course too, but after several emails back and forth with the college I've still no idea how much it costs!

Well biked DS! Glad to hear you survived

I have man flu. There are only two tea bags left. I'm not sure which bothers me more... 

25/08/2013 at 12:33

Feeling very hungry today after yesterday"s Thames meander will be eating alot of cheese. 

UB think you should have a hot toddy for the man flu no tea bags required 

25/08/2013 at 18:39

I bought cheese today.  I haven't eaten it yet.

My shoulders hurt

25/08/2013 at 20:24

I'm tired, sweaty and dirty, that calls for a bath.

Forms filled and in the post. Right or wrong, it's done.

Going to have a day on the beach in the sunshine tomorrow and mayhaps a dip in the waters. Will be following that with hot chocolate.

I'm having trouble typing today. I think I need an early night.

25/08/2013 at 22:30

Hello we are home now, busy weekend.  It rained all day Saturday but was sunny today, we did all we planned plus crammed in a quick visit to Camden Lock it has gone downhill since we were last there i think. In fact parts of it were quite mundane.

We just watched "What Remains" Cake was in it.

26/08/2013 at 09:16

Morning. Can I go back to bed yet? Waiting for the sun here.

gingerfurball    pirate
26/08/2013 at 09:36

Morning all - we're at work  (this is because we have a holiday to look forward to in October and we also have to pay for another holiday - in May next year - but it has to be paid for in Septmber)

In shocking news I've run out of bin bags at work and will have to take a trip to the shops in a minute. 

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.