Mundane thread

46,041 to 46,060 of 49,460 messages
31/08/2013 at 09:33

Can't get this tomato plant flat and I've been over the bloomin' thing three times.  Harrumph.

31/08/2013 at 09:41

31/08/2013 at 10:03

Was going to swimble in the sea today with the club but waited in for my wiggle order, which came early but not early enough to swimble. Will go for a ride instead as I need to test drive my new cycling shorts.

I've isolated myself too much this week and I'm feeling very low right now. I need to get out or I'll sink.

31/08/2013 at 10:07

trying to work out what is going on at Hash Hall. I usually have problems with getting my tomato plants to stay upright. Only way I can keep the slugs off them, despite growing them on a gravel path. Might try broken glass next year.

I have just watered that plants. Lots of plants to water. It will rain now.

Jus, can you wear your running or cycling kit under your formal attaire and go for a little bimble before the champagne course? Not that I've ever done such a thing myself.

31/08/2013 at 10:07

Did you get your Haribo mousey?

31/08/2013 at 10:35
widow hog-mouse wrote (see)

trying to work out what is going on at Hash Hall. I usually have problems with getting my tomato plants to stay upright. Only way I can keep the slugs off them, despite growing them on a gravel path. Might try broken glass next year.

I have just watered that plants. Lots of plants to water. It will rain now.

Jus, can you wear your running or cycling kit under your formal attaire and go for a little bimble before the champagne course? Not that I've ever done such a thing myself.

I did mention this last night, thought I might be able to get a run in between the reception and the dance, but the look on the other halfs face (it's hers best friends wedding) told me I best not bring that one up again.

31/08/2013 at 11:02

Do it anyway Jus.  Tell her you are nipping to the toilet and then climb out the window

31/08/2013 at 11:05

I think the smell of me on my return and the lack of a shower might a give away 

31/08/2013 at 11:13
Screamapillar wrote (see)

The English countryside.

marathon molly wrote (see)

Prawn cocktail crisps

SuperCaz wrote (see)

lemon curd yoghurt

John MacKenzie 2 wrote (see)

Might have to add rum and ginger beer to that list, sounds yummy

SuperCaz wrote (see)

The comfort of your own bed, with fresh sheets on

idiot with a bucket list wrote (see)

Kittens !

SuperCaz wrote (see)

Do it anyway Jus.  Tell her you are nipping to the toilet and then climb out the window

Jus wrote (see)

I think the smell of me on my return and the lack of a shower might a give away 

toilets really need cleaning. 

31/08/2013 at 21:14

Just popped in to say hello 

Sorry not in here much at the mo, but a bit busy trying to save badgers 

31/08/2013 at 22:19

Keep it up Saffy xx

I hope the Dippers had a lovely time today, I went to see my sister and then I went to John Lewis and bought a bin.

we have one tomato on our plants, next time I can get my pc to work I will post a photo.

01/09/2013 at 07:13

Good morning. 

Don't know what happened with my last post. Well I do, it's RW not letting go of the cache.

Off for a little bimble this morn, then back to do day one of the 30 day challenge. Then I will see what jobs need doing in the garden. Lawn needs mowing and I need to water.

Right behind you Saffy.

01/09/2013 at 08:56

I will be doing day one too, I have been trying to work up to it but the squats hurt my back, so I may have to adapt but I intend to complete 30 days of something

Today is long r#n, then recover then make a chicken and ham pie.

01/09/2013 at 09:34

G'morning Mundanies

Yes, Day 1 of the challenge here also.  My reps may be slightly more difficult than anticipated as I appear to be a little heavier than normal - this due to the large portions of River Trent that I swallowed yesterday.

Edited: 01/09/2013 at 09:34
01/09/2013 at 11:24

You can do a squat hold against a wall. Don't know what it's called but you have your back flat against a wall and you legs in a seated position. Static Wall Squat. Hold for 30 secs rest for 10 then repeat.

What time is dinner Mr. P.? don't want to be late.

01/09/2013 at 11:28

Day 1 for me

Great day yesterday of musical improvisation - fabulous ckass followed by an awesome show

01/09/2013 at 16:18

Day one done here too. The squats make my knees crack. It sounds like gun shots. I'd make a good bird scarer if I did them outside. 

Keep up the good work Saffy.

01/09/2013 at 17:44

Day 1 complete for me too, after 8 hours of standing around clapping at a triathlon.  Knees were a bit creaky but I was expecting that as I've neglected to exercise them for so long.

I'm scheming for next year at the moment

01/09/2013 at 20:36

I need to do day 1 and my knee is complaining before I start the blinking squats.

Scheming for next year Caz?

01/09/2013 at 22:49

I'm on YouTube!  Yesterdays excellent Lincoln City Race was caught on head camera by one competitor.  I'm a passing blur at 52.20.  Unfortunately this was not due to the speed I was moving at but due to the picture quality.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2EDdL57-ZA

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.