My favourite Childhood Toy

Topical and Nostalgic

41 to 48 of 48 messages
29/09/2011 at 12:30

I didn't like dolls, and generally I prefered toys that DID something, like Lego, but I never had any

I would have LOVED a train set, or Scalextric (sp?).

I did have a couple of teddy bears that I loved, one in particular.  My mum knitted it for me, and at first I didn't like it because it didn't look like a proper teddy bear, but after a while I grew to love it.

Because it (OK, he!) was stuffed with kapok, he went all soft and floppy after a while (no sniggering at the back there!!), but I still loved him

29/09/2011 at 12:51

I would've shared my lego with you Wilke - that was one toy we did have as my mother thought it was educational.

I did have educational toys like scrabble. But not toys that you could really play with.

29/09/2011 at 13:13

Thank you Mouse

I did get to play with my friend Fiona's lego sometimes, but only when she felt like it - which was not often.

I don't know what my mother's objection to lego was - maybe she thought it was expensive.

29/09/2011 at 13:17
It's funny how some of your friends or relatives are more popular when you're growing up because of the access they give you to fun things.  Cousin Paul = shit loads of Lego.  Cousin Simon = proper snooker table. 
29/09/2011 at 13:18
gingerfurball wrote (see)
My favourites were Etch a Sketch (and books, lots of books!) I was a nerd!

My brother got me one for Christmas just gone, as a laugh, and I'd got him one for a laugh too. We opened them at the same time at my mum's on Boxing Day
29/09/2011 at 13:36

I did have a Spirograph, which I liked a lot.  You could make cool pictures - I might see if you can still get them

29/09/2011 at 14:09
I had a spirograph. Liked it, but always got almost to the end of an intricate design then the pen moved and messed it up!
29/09/2011 at 14:35
i loved spirograph too, lego and i think my scalextrix track...just making them zoom off track and make the dog jump

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 48 of 48 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.