My Name is Karen Samuel

:o)

21 to 32 of 32 messages
05/07/2013 at 11:11

I'm not telling. Oh, oops...

05/07/2013 at 11:17
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)

Is your middle name Degree?

That took a while for the penny to drop!

(not over an hour, honest)

Superb  I am well impressed!

05/07/2013 at 11:33
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)

If you heard Chardonnay, Charmaine or Kylie you would make a judgement on that person right away. Not many people who voted in to that programme cared to admit that but lets face it. It's the Charmaines of this world who are watching this programme and voting while baby Adele is playing with matches in the kitchen.

To make it an absolute, that you would condemn anybody for ever because of a first name is pretty dumb. I suspect she was brought on a wind up merchant and the presenters got what they paid for. Why did they then pretend to be offended?

You see, to me, "Charmaine" and "Adele" are old fashioned rather than trendy or silly.

I have a cousin that's just been named Reuben, poor little sod. Not only does it make him sound  like an OAP but people are always going to be spelling it wrongly. 

05/07/2013 at 11:41

The name Chardonnay was invented for the TV program Footballer's Wives. It's clearly a classy option.

05/07/2013 at 11:54

And there are instances where Chardonney's mum is called Kylie (she is 1 of 5 children) and her mum is called Debra and Debra is only 32......Imagine how Katie Hopkins would react to that

05/07/2013 at 15:47
05/07/2013 at 20:11

She came across like an utter fool.

Doesn't like kids named after places, calls her kid India!

Doesn't like nature type names, geography/seasons etc, calls her kid Poppy!

Then realises she's being an idiot, and tries to flatter Holly Willobooby to get out of it.

The only thing she showed any sense on, was not falling for old Pip's sly loaded question about surnames....

05/07/2013 at 20:22

On the subject of names, a guy I've known for 25 years has the unfortunate surname of Worts.

So what the hell were his parents thinking when they called him Richard?

Oh, and my name that I'm known as by my wife, my friends, my family?

Baldric

When I roadied I was called John. But then all the roadies were called John.

My given name is Disciple Of Saint Columba.

Was that helpful Karen?   

05/07/2013 at 20:33

If you do your research on that horrible women she's done some pretty controversial interviews.

total and utter snob! 

love the bit where she says about geographical locations and her own daughters called India!

05/07/2013 at 21:19
06/07/2013 at 08:06
Ja5onW wrote (see)

If you do your research on that horrible women she's done some pretty controversial interviews.

total and utter snob! 

love the bit where she says about geographical locations and her own daughters called India!

So snob + thick, what a killer combination!

06/07/2013 at 22:44

Unfortunately buried away in all her hyperbole are some home truths. The freakonomics book had some interesting reading on firstnames as they do have an impact for the childs future. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.