NaNoWriMo

anyone else doing it?

61 to 67 of 67 messages
17/11/2010 at 16:43

Not sure to be honest! I'm trying to stick to the facts as I've researched them, but I've invented lots of stuff ... conversations for starters. I've also pinned events as reported in the newspaper of the time to "my" people. For example, there's reports of the local fair, I've no documentary evidence to say my peope went there, but I've written scenes saying they did, mainly so my hunky, muscular male lead can get his shirt off and be generally admired by the women watching 

It's vital to the plot. Honest.

21/11/2010 at 14:11

37000 and still going. Just added 500 more by having my main character read a letter from his brother in Mexico.

25/11/2010 at 09:40

Currently past 42000.

Struggled a bit with my current male main character. I've made him too damned nice, and can't find anything to say about him. I know he dies soon, and have found a great book with mine stats in for the period, he could possibly have lost his job as the local mine was closed down due to poor profits. It opened a couple of years later and was extensively refitted. I'm thinking of killing him by having a round bottomed bucket, known as a kibble, fall loose from its ropes and supports and come crashing to the gorund where it slides on thick ice towards poor Will. <sob>

Come on sarah...where's your word count?

25/11/2010 at 10:54

I've just had a peek at the NaNoWriMo homepage.
I think it's a great idea. Presumably loads of people write really crap novels in a month, but if it means not watching Eastenders (or whatever) it can only be a good thing. Anything that gets you out and about, or thinking, or analysing or anything that isn't watching crap on TV gets a big thumbs up from me.

Well done Kwilter!

01/12/2010 at 12:14

Finished?

Come in number 278698, your time is up. 

25/03/2011 at 10:02
Finished yet?
02/07/2011 at 23:58
Finished?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 67 of 67 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.