Naturism

Can anyone explain it to me?

21 to 35 of 35 messages
06/07/2012 at 15:42

My first experience of communal nudity was in a spa in Switzerland.  The only people who were paid any attention were they two who wore swim-wear!

I've really enjoyed being naked on a nudist beach in France.  It's very liberating.

I don't think I'd be bothered about walking about naked in an hotel, if that's what the usual dress code was, but I also don't think I'd go on holiday in England and expect it to be warm enough to get my kit off!

OW
06/07/2012 at 15:48

Martenkay - I love nude swimming. It's not that I'm against nudity - it was 'the hotel inspector' which insisted on total nudity throughout the hotel that made me ponder. UK is way too cold for me to consider it!

OW
06/07/2012 at 20:37
OW wrote (see)

Martenkay - I love nude swimming. It's not that I'm against nudity - it was 'the hotel inspector' which insisted on total nudity throughout the hotel that made me ponder. UK is way too cold for me to consider it!

OW this is the thing I found. On the one hand they preach relaxation and enjoying the feeling of nakedness then they have rules  which seem the very opposite and can vary from place to place. This can be unsettling for some in a new place among strangers.

I agree that generally the UK does not lend itself well as open air naturism is limited to milder weather. However holidays abroad are arranged and the organiser can sort out local difficulties such as you found in your hotel. It can also be reassuring to be among people that you know. We preferred to go it alone but still got the benefit of our local friends.

I have largely left naturism behind because of awkward rules etc. Additionally my wife disapproves but I think it is her feelings of not being a 'youngster' anymore!  

06/07/2012 at 21:29
Wilkie wrote (see)

It's very liberating.

Ah classic....how did this thread go 20 posts without someone wheeling this line out?

Edited: 06/07/2012 at 21:31
06/07/2012 at 21:37

Yes and if God had meant us to walk around with no clothes on we would have been born naked.

Ok, that one belongs in the 'send an old joke to a rest home' category.

Blisters    pirate
06/07/2012 at 23:28

Yes Ric, but it's still worth remembering.

Naked in my own home? Yes, what's the problem? The only potential embarrassment is that I have 2 daughters, growing through their teenage years, and the younger one has no perception of modesty. It's double standards I know, but getting visibly aroused at the sight of young girls is one thing, when they are family it's "not right". Sure, it's my problem to deal with.

Public nudity, on the other hand, is liberating. There is that nervous risk factor to overcome. It's definitely unseemly to have a stiffy in public. Going swimming in the sea is so much easier than when wearing a cossie. When clad, even in light summer swimwear, there is a cold shock as the waves hit the covered areas. When naked there's just no edge line and no clinging wet lycra/nylon when you get out.

I don't think I'll try the technique at a triathlon though.

OW
07/07/2012 at 01:13
Blisters wrote (see)

getting visibly aroused at the sight of young girls is one thing, when they are family it's "not right".

I'm horrified by this?

The men I know are either lying (young girls do not arouse them) or hiding their arousal?   how young are we talking Blisters?

OW
07/07/2012 at 07:18
You can get a stiffy because you need the toilet or just because the wind blows. It doesn't mean you want to rape the nearest person. If you can get over seeing a bare penis you can get over a bare erection.
Blisters    pirate
07/07/2012 at 08:25

One's 16, the other's 12. My wife's jealous of their boobage, reckons that must be from my side. The younger one jests about the older one's melons. The older one reckons that the younger will overtake her (as she's got more, ehem, padding).  

07/07/2012 at 11:16

Don't ever recall any such problems among naturists. Certainly there is the initial shock when going into cold water but that passes because you start to swim.

I have no children but would think it odd to allow such arousal in the presence of your children. I think most male naturists would not expose their children to personal arousal never mind naturist friends.  

08/07/2012 at 15:56

Dunno, what's the more healthy reaction ?

"Oh my god! Excuse me everbody I must go and take a cold shower while thinking of William Whitelaw"

Or

"Wey ~Hay ! Go on, hang your towel on that!"

The Swedes probably do these things better: "Excuse me Ingrid could you make room, I have an erection"

"Oh hello Sven, how are the children ?"

"Oh they are fine, the boys are also tumescent, but the girls are obviously not"

"Hå hå!, well goodbye Sven"

08/07/2012 at 16:21

Load of bollocks if you ask me

08/07/2012 at 16:29
If you ask me Naturism is fine if you live in a warm country. If I lived somewhere where it was embraced I'd be there on the beach too. It just ain't never gonna be anything more than a slightly pervy experience in Britain.
Blisters    pirate
08/07/2012 at 22:29

OK SLR
So how does it happen that the frozen wastelands of the North embrace nakedness with no emotional discomfort? I'm not talking about Newcastle here, I'm on about Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, etc.

Is it the culture of the Vikings, or the religion of Sauna?

09/07/2012 at 09:33
I think it's the religion of the sauna. I don't know if the Scandos have more reliable summers than we do here. I'm no expert on Scandos.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 35 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.