New Ironing Thread

aha! usurping General

1 to 20 of 47 messages
06/09/2002 at 15:42
Tim,

That's why we have large snuggly duvets to cover up the wrinkles. (hmm...needs a bit more thought)
06/09/2002 at 15:42
yep - dont. works for me.
Ratbag    pirate
06/09/2002 at 15:53
Synchronised ironing!! A new Olympic sport!!
06/09/2002 at 15:55
Tim
Please finally listen to the sensemakers. wash clothes/duvets/fitted sheets. Hang on line. FOLD up carefully (the crucial bit). Place in airing cupboard via clothes basket.
My iron is an ancient 1950's number which shares a fuse with the hairdryer and is only used to iron my cub's Hama beads. I did still have the ancient box but a rescued rabbit from my cats did a wee in it!
cougie    pirate
06/09/2002 at 15:58
Just out of interest - what kind of crazy drugs are you on LDB ?

And do they help you run ? And how did the cats rescue the rabbit ? Was it stuck in a tree and they climbed it and carried poor Flopsy to safety ? Or perhaps they moonlight as Lifeguards... Who knows ?
06/09/2002 at 16:06
COUGIE!!!
WHAAAAAT!!
Is ironing a euphenism for something else - has this innocent badger stumbled upon a parallel world of abusive practice?? What have I said without meaning to?

Or: to know one is to be one.

OK I've read it again it is a bit funny. I rescued the rabbit in my sitting room FROM my cat Perdita. Put it in old Morphy box which was handy. TOOK rabbit back down field. Noticed rabbit had weed in box.(no Cougie that's twee'd not marjuana) Could not bring myself to throw away box because of its history, so er left it on shelf downstairs. we don't live there anymore..

In light of these accusations today is not the day to start my 'hashing' thread. I shall be saving that one for later.
06/09/2002 at 16:08
For all ironing enthusiasts, take a look at http://www.extremeironing.com/
06/09/2002 at 16:35
OK here we go - round and round and end at our first beginnings.
IE Its Latin again
Perdita = the lost one
She - lost
Me - found her, named her, loved her
Named after Perdita in the Winter's Tale, who too, was found and loved (by her prince Florizel). Along came another Kitten to my welsh outpost of the time. Aha said I here is Florizel for my Perdita. But no, this other kitten was a girl and so I named her Tigerlily.
Pud and Tig as they are known are now nearly 10!
The end.
cougie    pirate
06/09/2002 at 16:38
My cat is called Pingu.
Someone ask me why.
06/09/2002 at 16:39
why?
Fox
06/09/2002 at 16:40
Why, is it black and white? does it waddle upright?
My cat is called sticky.
iron fraggle    pirate
06/09/2002 at 16:45
My cat's called Hippy because he's got long hair and he's fat.
06/09/2002 at 16:50
The Winter's Tale eh, spot the A 'level English student circa 1984. Was that the one where Hermione emerges from the equivalent of a box room, unchanged, after 12 years? 'Too hot, too hot. To mingle friendship is to mingle blood.'

Now why can I remember that quote but never remember my internet banking password?

LDB, are you sure you are not really Steven Appleby?

Tim, superb photo tag. Just thought -anyone who misses these beginnings will surely wonder what the hell some of the pics are all about. (not that I claim to understand all of them. In fact I'm considering jacking in my job and canvassing my other half to fund me doing a PHD on the surrealist nature of the forum. If Hildegard isn't already doing one that is.)
06/09/2002 at 16:54
My cat is called Boris because that is a good name for a cat.

Hm, there is something satisfyingly purrfect about that previous sentence, so I will now stop for the day.

Off to cook fish fingers for the sprogs.
cougie    pirate
06/09/2002 at 16:59
Wellll, Pingu is a black and white cat that adopted us. It just started coming in, and none of the neighbours knew whose it was. Eventually she got her own bowl here, but she was still called cat.

Then it was Xmas. Picture the scene - friends and family having a drink in the living room. Xmas trinkets all over the place, including a little Penguin/Russian doll thing on the table. (Cat was still new then, and hadn't been introduced to everyone)

All of a sudden - pregnant sister in law starts having a 'seizure' on the settee - wildly pointing and gasping in the general direction of the door.

The cat, who is mainly black but has a little white bib, and white gloves on, was trying to open the door by sticking her paw under the gap and pawing at the door.

To the pregnant sister in law (girls brains shrink when pregnant, a well known fact) - she saw the black and white thing, and thought that the Penguin/Russian Doll had come to life, and was trying to hop out of the room.

Hence Pingu. Damn good job she didn't go into labour then and there !

Still give sis-in-law stick for thinking toys can come to life at Xmas though !
06/09/2002 at 17:46
Excellent tale Cougie.
06/09/2002 at 17:50
I think a fart is pedo, as in
Quiene he se tirado pedo?

Siempre estaba el perro!

(I've forgotten how to punctuate in Spanish)
06/09/2002 at 18:00
My cats were called Figaro and Violetta. Figaro was a wedding present and we decided to buy one of his littermates to keep him company.

They were Siamese. Figaro was a seal point and Violetta was a chocolate point.

We thought their names were silly so we called them Figgy and Fluff. Smartass friend called them Figgy and Pudding.

They were lovely.

They're both dead now.

The End.
06/09/2002 at 18:17
I once had a black fish called Figaro, but he died. I also had a cat called Fluff, but he died too. Oh, dear God, my life is nothing but abandonment and pain!!!
06/09/2002 at 18:28
Hello all,

My cat is called Quaver, not, I hasten to add, because of the name of the savoury snack created by the good people at Walker's Crisps, but after the musical note, because when I rescued the cat, he was indeed as skinny as a quaver.

Now he is so portly I should rename him semibreve.

Sorry to bring this up, but this was an ironing thread. Maybe we need to veer off into a new topic of laundry maintenance, such as: how do you get cat hair off clothing?

DC
1 to 20 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.