Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Beanies R Us

14,641 to 14,660 of 14,701 messages
19/10/2011 at 10:36

Well done MH. It sounds like you're enjoying your running - which is what it's all about really!

Did another tough club session last night. Stamina this week so the sprint/recovery stuff again. In minutes it was 1/1, 2/2, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1, 2/2, 3/3, 2/2, 1/1. So two pyramids running in a loop round Millennium Square, Anchor Road and the Harbourside. Bloody knackering! But it will do me good as stamina is what I'm lacking a bit of in races.

21/10/2011 at 13:36
LOL It's a good job I am enjoying it - it's the Birmingham Half on SUNDAY!! I thought it was next week !!!

Only because I went to face book which I rarely use did I see a *48hours to go* post and I checked! I'd have been lying in bed on sunday- I'd have been gutted!

I wouldn't have minded a long run sunday but my foot is playing up anyway so it's probably best to get this race out the way.

Anybody else doing it?
21/10/2011 at 15:47

Yep - am doing and hoping for a sub 1.40 . Good luck MH & any other runners having a go -

Boing Boing

22/10/2011 at 13:41
Push to the front of your starting pen then John - Good luck!

I'll be at the back taking in the sights!

Being lazy today - been to Sutton park bistro for a posh fried breakfast and a walk now chilling.
23/10/2011 at 16:07
I saw TR on the TV!!! right at the start jostling for a clear line and at the end as they walked through the finish! The when they rounded up the show they showed slow motion shots and there was TR again from the start going diagonal.

I waved at every camera like a mad man but I haven't been on at all - loved the race though, 1:57 was great better than my 1:58 at solent. I felt good all the way round though my feet are killing me now.

No problems at all this morning either , crowds well handled and no hold ups anywhere
23/10/2011 at 21:21

Congrats MH.  I finished in 1 .35. 57 -   4 secoonds outside a new PB.  Enjoyed a lot more than last year and fully agree with MH the whole thing went smoothly.

Hiya TR. Good to see you today and hope to bump into you around the Great Barr circuit

24/10/2011 at 22:51

Only TR

Nice to see a lot of friendly faces yesterday at the Brum half. Was so well organised this year, got off well at the start and had a nice clear run at it to finish in 1:36:19  .Good few pints after then the bus home.

Have a good run all see you soon

24/10/2011 at 23:49
TR - well done on that time! If you had been here last week we could have organised a lift for you - we parked on camden street easily. The first I knew you were doing it was seeing you on C3 - take a look at C5 ondemand, you are at the start , they show you finishing, then again at the end in slo mo.

Good stuff
02/11/2011 at 07:58

Hi chaps.

Will prob be down in Brum 27th November, and there's a Kingsbury Water Park 10k if anyone fancies making a BEANIE day of it

04/11/2011 at 18:06
Anyone doing Flying Fox on sunday - I am doing it as I have entered the Seagrave challenge next week and need the distance. I have a bad back at the mo - too much core work last week but running is OK .

I'm not going anywhere quick but at least I can get round I think!
06/11/2011 at 17:36
Loved FF10. back played up a bit but it was OK , lovely weather, Garmin ran out of battery at 6 as I was going well a but I finished in1:26 in god order

And won a spot prize!! a bottle of beer! It's really nice - strong too as my head is spinning !
07/11/2011 at 11:03

Well Done Mike  do love that race, remember a couple of years ago i got a bottle of wine .

Did a 14 mile run down the canal into Walsall and back over the Beacon in the rain on friday so was only up for a little trot round the park on sunday morning, was nice and muddy again.

Suicide six on 20th Nov next race .

Have a good run all

09/11/2011 at 13:37
I was delighted with the bottle of beer! It's a great race - this saturday is Seagrave challenge , my back is bad but seems to loosen up when running , just been out for a 5 miler and it's OK with a hot water bottle on it. Now I have to go out and drive all afternoon till late so I'll be stiff all night after.
16/11/2011 at 17:09
Suicide 6 this weekend, hope the sun's coming out as that water is going to be cold
20/11/2011 at 14:00
Well the seagrave challenge went very well, very well indeed . I really enjoyed it all the way round and didn't feel like passing out at any time. 2:52 was the time and the weather was just right. Given my back was bad in the week I had no trouble at all. Still hurts a bit but I kept up the midweek runs and I feel fine.

Just done a 7 miler in the park - yesterday walking the same route with carol, I stepped on a manhole cover about a mile from Four oaks gate down the really muddy track and it flipped right over and I fell down it!! Carol had to pull me up by my belt!! I told them at the visitor centre and today I noted they'd put it back and put some safety tape round it. There was a cavern underneath about 14 ft deep!
02/12/2011 at 16:48
Hi all anyone doing Sneyd next week? That'll be the last race this year - would like to do the one thats always on the 27th but I can't.

I know one thing , I won't be doing that grim half marathon with five laps of an estate in reading like I did this new years day!
11/12/2011 at 16:36
Managed just over 1:22 at sneyd , decent goody bag too, an actual bag that Amy will use for her endless student books. I was hoping for a slightly better time but I just had nothing left to give. Given my midweek runs which have been OK I was thinking I was fitter but the longest I've run since Seagreave was 8 miles.

Plenty of Cobra runners there!
15/12/2011 at 17:35

MH - Well done at Sneyd, haven't done that one for a while as it didn't run for a year or two.  Always a good turn out for the locals!

Haven't been on here for a while, hope your all running well?  I'm still off tarmac , did mortimer forest last week... Nice bit of mud and rain,  but will be hitting the road for VLM training in the new year...  TR your in too? No?

19/12/2011 at 12:10

Hi everyone

it may be a tad early but Happy Christmas to you all. I hope 2012 is kind to you and you achieve all your goals.

31/12/2011 at 13:32

Hmmm, seems everyone has left the country .......

anyway, Happy New Year to you all.

14,641 to 14,660 of 14,701 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.