Nice Little Runs in Sutton Park

Beanies R Us

14,661 to 14,680 of 14,701 messages
29/01/2012 at 11:16

First post of the year and its the 29th Jan  

First long run done yesterday of 15.5 miles over Barr Beacon and ito Walsall with a five mile stretch on the Canal . Nice and cold but great running weather . If anyone has any ideas for a long one in the park together give me a bell would be nice to do a long run with a bit of company. Here's to London Marathon training .

See some of you soon,  have a good run.

30/01/2012 at 08:57

Ooh, postings on here again! Be good to get this going and not facebook!

Did 10M yesterday, furthest for some time. Cold but really enjoyed it. No frost or ice like there was during the week. Started slowly and the pace got better, finished in 1.24 something. Very pleased that I enjoyed it so much. Although I dont have any races booked (cant afford that until I get a job) I'm following one of the RW Smartcoach schedules for a Half. Just adding the odd mile here and there and usually going a little bit faster. But it eases you into it and it's giving me a bit of motivation rather than just running cos I think I should. Makes a difference to me.

Good run TR. At the moment I cant imagine running 15M but I'll get there soon! Hope you lot get together for  run in the park and best of luck with the London training.

30/01/2012 at 11:36
only just noticed this thread, well not read all of it but i'm from aldridge so let me know if you plan on meeting up for any runs, i'm slow 11min miles but in training for london marathon also

i cant do evenings ( being single mom ) and can do some weekends, would be nice to meet up with local runners
27/02/2012 at 09:00
things have gone a little slow on this thread    must get my arse going again
27/02/2012 at 09:47

Nice 1 TR......hope your VLM training going to plan???.  Got a reserve place through Midland Masters & just clocking up the miles / hrs on road - not easy is it mate

02/03/2012 at 12:42

Must admit John just cant be arsed for one reason or another this spring, think it's going to be a long day in London this year . Have a good run mate , bump into you again soon.

Happy running

02/03/2012 at 15:22
Hope to do about 12 miles tomorrow in Sutton Park, as I am up there for the weekend and I need to do some miles. Should be  in pale blue GWR vest if it is not too wet or cold
05/03/2012 at 20:03
Hi, what are all the Beanies doing these days?
19/03/2012 at 08:43

Sorry Peaceman looks like you are going to have to go back to Rhayader to re-gain the fastest time round the lakes. Went round in 2:46:40 on saturday .

Blew up at 15 miles but managed to get it going after 4 tough miles to finish the last mile running again, it's one bloody tough race that is, you forget how much that 3ish mile hill at the start takes out of your legs. Started in the rain and finished in sunshine.

Another long one out of the way and about 4 weeks to go .Will be an interesting day in London this year.

19/03/2012 at 16:52

Brilliant time TR - you bugger! Now I will have to do it again. But it is a great race - bloody hard but great to do. And its excellent training for London of course. 

Getting back into my running but I havent done anything further than 10M for ages. All training runs as I cant do any more races until I get a job. But I've had an interview for one in Exeter and I'm visiting the place tomorrow to meet the staff and see how we get on. So who knows?

20/03/2012 at 07:49

Good Luck Peaceman  fingers crossed and all that 

Ohh and the T-shirt was bloody lilac this year, I draw the line at wearing that .

Have a good one

21/03/2012 at 08:48

At least it wasnt blue again!

The Exeter thing went well yesterday. Only problem is the woman deciding is now off til next week so no decision until a week today! It always happens to me!

23/03/2012 at 09:28
Got my Virgin London Marathon final instruction mag in the post yesterday, four more weekends and then it's the big one in London.
23/03/2012 at 09:37
Good luck TR - seems you're ready for it!
23/03/2012 at 17:26

Hiya TR .....Got mine also - blue zone Boing Boing

Good luck with the job PM

27/03/2012 at 16:19

Blue zone for me too John, you never know we may bump into one another among the 17,000 other runners on blue

Just booked the train tickets , purchased the jels half price from sweatshop this week, so think thats everything sorted . Just need to find a comfortable pair of road shoes with a few miles left in them . The best shoes i find are my adidas kanadias off roaders that never give you blisters may well end up wearing them on the day.

Got my longest run planed for this weekend , hope my other half joins me on her bike to keep me going ,would be nice to have the company without the presure of keeping it going you get with other runners but once its out the way can start cutting back a bit .

Only 25 days left

Have a good run all and see some of you again soon. Good luck with the rest of your training John.

31/03/2012 at 21:33

DONE IT.......Last long run of 20 miles up / down cut. Never took enough fluids on board so had terrible cramps at end ( another lesson learned ). Prob bump into you at london TR - our paths normally cross ie Dublin Mara / Parkruns etc etc. Since my last injury I always run in asics nimbus as need as much cushioning and support as possible and not had any recurrence as yet. Enjoy your long run.

GOOD LUCK

02/04/2012 at 11:58

My last 20 miler done also, had a very nice enjoyable run down the Greenway to the lakes then a couple of loopes then round Brookvale and onto the canal up into Walsall then from Aldridge upto Barr Beacon then back to home for the last three miles. Thats it John few easier weekends to look forward to till the big day.

Had Carolyn with me on her bike carrying my fluid and gel so all went very smooth , was great to have her help and her telling me to slow down when i got carried away on the flats.Finished knowing i had a few miles left in the tank which was a great confidence boost after blowing up at Rhayader but i did realy push the pace on that one.will i ever learn how hard that hill is.

Well a two hour nice easy run this weekend of about 14 miles hope for a nice dry sunny day.

BIG well done to Daz and the Juicer at the Three Shires on saturday, Daz won on a very tough course of over 20 miles.

Have a good run all and nice to see you running again Prue.

10/04/2012 at 11:52

Pissed it down all day but did my normal route over Barr Beacon and just took it easy . Did 16.5 miles in two and a half hours but was glad to get back to a nice warm shower.

Nice easy 12ish miles this weekend just hope for a little better weather

Have a good run all.

Has anyone bumped into the bloke training for London in Sutton Park who does all his runs in full costume dressed as a storm trooper just to get used to running in helmet ect  wish i saw that.

13/04/2012 at 09:19
close shave with a flying golf ball last night, made for an interesting couple of miles last night
14,661 to 14,680 of 14,701 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.