Nike advert.

1 to 20 of 40 messages
23/10/2002 at 22:12
Is it me ranting on or is the Nike advert where the man and women are running and splashing each other absolutly brill? It makes you want to go out in ya wellies :-)
23/10/2002 at 22:29
Nibbs,

I liked it too.....not sure about going anywhere in me wellies though!
Psi
24/10/2002 at 04:04
I think it's a really clever way to combine an ad for both Nike's running and (by implication) footy products, appealing to a wider audience and saving the company money into the bargain. Smart move.

Not as good as "BELLY'S GONNA GET YA," though ;)
24/10/2002 at 07:36
Classic advert. Wonder how much it cost to make?
24/10/2002 at 08:47
I haven't seen this one.. sounds pervy??
24/10/2002 at 09:01
Deffinately one of the better adds around at the moment

24/10/2002 at 09:35

I thought it was fantastic - until Alex Ferguson appeared at the end and ruined an otherwise brilliant advert...
24/10/2002 at 10:03
Got to agree - it's a brilliant advert.

As a not quite hardened capitalist, I do feel that I should dislike Nike for their slightly dubious practices. But they make great kit and their advertising is second to none... oh well.
24/10/2002 at 10:40
I've got a lot of reservations about Nike, but on the plus side they are doing an awful lot lately to make running look really cool. So thanks Nike.
24/10/2002 at 10:45

Mind you, it's not as good as the John Smith's advert where you see all the football players doing keepy-uppy, and then Peter Kay just boots the ball as hard as he can into someone's garden. How many times have you wanted to do that?

'Ave it!
24/10/2002 at 10:54
The diving advert with Peter Kay has to be the best one around at moment. The one where he does the 'running bomb'

Classic!
24/10/2002 at 11:21

I actually liked the Samuel L Jackson ones for Barclays (even though they were rubbish)....Must be something about him being, without question, the coolest man on the planet!

And the Eurostar ones with the bloke from The League Of Gentlemen are pretty odd.
24/10/2002 at 11:23
I love that Nike ad and I want the jacket the girl's wearing. Has anyone got any idea of a website I could try ?

Thanks
24/10/2002 at 11:37
Advertising works!
I am going into Niketown in London tommorow as I need some new gear,the advert made my mind up for me.

'Top bombing'
24/10/2002 at 11:41
DD - it's not the same one that Paula Radcliffe has on in the big 8 page advert at the front of this months RW is it? Just a thought...
24/10/2002 at 12:04
Yes Venom

I WANT THAT ONE TOO !!!

My running kit needs some updating it's really old. But where is the website that I can buy from? I went all round Taunton on Tuesday but all the sports shops sell clothes not running kit.

Please help me,I'm in a buying frenzy but I can't find a shop.
24/10/2002 at 12:14
I really really like Nike gear, but the company's a bit po-faced if you ask me.

Have you seen that they've got their legal bods leaning on John Smith's over the 'Just 'Ave It' line that appears in the Peter Kay ads? Infringement of intellectual property, copyright, blah blah blah. Whatever.

As for how much the Nike ad cost, I work as writer in the ad industry and I'd say you're looking at somewhere around 250 grand just to make it, and something like 250 grand to buy the airtime. So something like a cool half mil in total.

But if you think about it, the best ad for Nike is Niketown itself and also the Nike 10K. The marketing behind that is evil genius. 10,000 running adverts each spending something 50-100 quid each on Nike gear in the run up to the race.

Best ever running ad in my opinion is an Adidas press ad from a few years back. It was a shot of a street stretching off into the distance from a runner's point of view and read, 'Just to the lampost', 'Just to the parked car', 'Just to the tree', 'Just to the...'

It won heaps of awards.

Not glamourous ad, not a fashion ad, just true! Written by a runner for runners. (But not written by me, unfortunately!)
24/10/2002 at 12:15
Hi Daisy,

try www sweatshop.co.uk
I've not shopped online with them but their Woking & Reading branches are the only places I shop for running gear.

Happy shopping.....
24/10/2002 at 12:22
And don't forget the club discount for Sweatshop. I think with ordering online you have to email them afterwards to claim it.

venom
24/10/2002 at 13:20
i thought the 'pitch' nike ad in what women want-mel gibson-was v good,don't know where it came from or whether they used it subsequently.anybody know?
1 to 20 of 40 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.