Nike dumps Lance Armstrong

5 messages
17/10/2012 at 16:49

Nike have severed ties with Lance Armstrong. Too late to maintain their integrity?

They threw a party for Livestrong last week, I wonder how much merchandise they've managed to offload since then and how hard their lawyers were working to find a get out clause in the contract.http://www.cbc.ca/sports/cycling/story/2012/10/17/sp-uci-usada-cycling-nike-lance-armstrong.html

17/10/2012 at 17:19

Nike does plan to continue it's support for the Livestrong organisation, for the time being at least.

17/10/2012 at 17:20

rumours that Nike will be forming a business relationship with Stretch Armstrong are yet to be confirmed.

17/10/2012 at 17:29

Yes I saw that, but I still think the support is going to last as long as their Livestrong stock does.

18/10/2012 at 13:36

Trek follows suit.

I'm off to read about the Trek/Armstrong/Lemond saga referred to in the article, after I've made myself a nice cuppa.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.