No energy...

Need help

21 to 32 of 32 messages
BK
19/08/2002 at 14:28
Thought you might choose that picture Redhead. Looking forward to Theale? Just like JasonL you'll recognize me by the John Wayne walk

Yes a prezzie is in order for Mrs RB and is one for Mrs BK for two hours of hell with BK junior
19/08/2002 at 14:35
Blue Knees, just saw some great cowboy gear in Camden that would go very nicely with your John Wayne walk!
BK
19/08/2002 at 14:43
We could both run in it at the next race...

Not

Cowboy gear reminds me of the YMCA song, not necessarily any image we probably want to take any further.

Still upset I didn't get to meet your clanger Jason.
19/08/2002 at 14:44
PMT does hinder me quite a bit, especially if a race/run falls just the day "before". If MrsRB's next race coincides with PMT again, she should avoid alcohol/coffee for a couple of days beforehand. I also find that sports drinks/gels make me feel a bit sick on those days, and I feel as if I have a slump after taking them, like the chocolate hit/slump we all know about. I find that taking a paracetamol an hour pre-run helps (I tend to get bad PMT headaches, so perhaps its psychological). Not sure that chomping on a jam sandwich would look the part in a half, but maybe the sugars in the sports drinks are being absorbed too easily and causing a reaction.

Starting very slow and gradually increasing the pace seems to help a bit too.

Another thing worth considering is the emotional effects of PMT. I have considered giving up running in the past after having a couple of disasterous runs with PMT. It was only realising the timing that stopped me chucking it all in. If the physical effect of PMT make you feel sluggish, the emotional effects make you feel (irrationally) that you can't do it, that you are rubbish, and why did you bother trying in the first place. This makes you feel worse, reinforcing the negative attitude, and the physical tiredness. The confidence of having run the distance before will help dispel the negative thoughts, so additional training may well help.
19/08/2002 at 14:44
For anyone who doesn't know what we're talking about your last post sounded slightly iffy... ;-)

P.S>
The Clanger only comes out for Marathons
19/08/2002 at 14:51
RB, if it was PMT that caused the problem then you'd better be quick with the chocolates!

BK, yes looking forward to Theale although you'll have run the race and been to the pub by the time I finish! Hope Baby Blue Knees and Mrs BK are going to cheer us on. Mr Redhead has promised to come and look proud too. See you there.
BK
19/08/2002 at 14:57
Redhead, we'll wait for you to finish and the rumour I'm always in the pub at the end.......is nearly slanderous but actually mostly true

Yes Jason you're right, perhaps we should clarify that we both ran PB's yesterday and are felling a little stiff
19/08/2002 at 14:59
Gentleman, pleeeeeeze!!!!!!!!!!
19/08/2002 at 15:06
BK, it's like stepping into a Carry on Film.
Enter Kenneth William's Stage left...
BK
19/08/2002 at 15:11
I really hadn't realised how I'd worded that. Apologies for those with a delicate disposition.
Ratbag    pirate
19/08/2002 at 15:58
Hello Nessie,

Thanks for your input amongst the smut (boys!!.. really!! Oooh! Matron!)

I'll take on board what you said about PMT. It did get a little emotional out there at times, so maybe that's part of the problem.

Choccies at the ready!!! ;-)

All the best,

RB
BK
19/08/2002 at 16:07
I was innocent, honest.

Hope they work

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 32 of 32 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.