No More Page 3

Does this still happen?

21 to 40 of 84 messages
12/06/2013 at 14:18

Who is the target audience ? 

Maybe older women on page 3 would be better, I'd like to see maybe 45 -50 years old

You need to ask the target audience SR - we're clearly not it.

Although perhaps it begs the question why was the page 7 fella was dropped years ago?

Plain, old fashioned sexism?

Edited: 12/06/2013 at 14:21
12/06/2013 at 14:20

I don't read the Sun but I do read Deirdre's photo casebook.

I think part of the argument against page 3 is that is so 'harmless' that it normalises the objectification of women because it's so tongue in cheek that it's hard to attack without being accused of being trivial or humourless.

The 'news in briefs' bit is quite funny though.

12/06/2013 at 14:21
Nick Windsor 4 wrote (see)

Maybe older women on page 3 would be better, I'd like to see maybe 45 -50 years old

Yukkie idea 

12/06/2013 at 14:23

Dave The Ex- Spartan wrote (see)

Yukkie idea 

And there's the objectification argument summed up in two words! 

Edited: 12/06/2013 at 14:24
Tommygun2    pirate
12/06/2013 at 14:24

I doubt you will get much of a reply from Sun Reader on this forum. The demographic of most runners appear to be middle aged and middle class left leaning folk.

I did glance a copy of the Sun yesterday and the page three girl was a nice attactive 21 year old from London can't remember her name. Other than that the sports pages at the back are quite good the rest of the paper's content is mostly pap...

I shall ask the blokes at my local if its the tits on page three that makes them buy it or the fact that they can just about finish the sun cross word

12/06/2013 at 14:25

So should Caroline Lucas be objecting to something more worthwhile? The Sun can seem harmless to you when you live in an intelligent community but then you see that there are people who believe every word of it. The target audience are the people who can't think for themselves. The people who don't trust their instincts 

12/06/2013 at 14:28
Screamapillar wrote (see)

Yukkie idea 

And there's the objectification argument summed up in two words! 

I meant even worse than the urgent airbrushed bimbos...

12/06/2013 at 14:28

Yes, Ms Lucas should be.

The Daily Mail can seem harmless to you when you live in an intelligent community, but then you see that there are people who believe every word of it.

The Independent can seem harmless to you when you live in an intelligent community, but then you see that there are people who believe every word of it.

The Times can seem harmless to you when you live in an intelligent community, but then you see that there are people who believe every word of it.

The Telegraph can seem harmless to you when you live in an intelligent community, but then you see that there are people who believe every word of it.

12/06/2013 at 14:29

Me and Deidre share the same surname, but she's not my Auntie.  Which is a shame really, she'd probably have a few stories for after Christmas dinner.

12/06/2013 at 14:30
Screamapillar wrote (see)
Intermanaut wrote (see)

I don't mind being challenged, and I answered that challenge.

Why don't you just admit you like being negative and obtuse? It'd be a refreshing change to see you turn up on a thread and post a positive comment for once.

Yukkie idea 

I quite like an older woman, always did

12/06/2013 at 14:31

I like seeing pretty girls with most of their clothes off.. There I said it.

No, I don't buy the Sun. Anyone who still buys any print media at all is almost certainly a numpty. There are a lot more pretty girls with their clothes off to be found elsewhere these days.

12/06/2013 at 14:32

It's my wife's birthday today, so I'm taking the 5th ! 

12/06/2013 at 14:32

Oh dear...nice big hole you're digging there Dave

You are the one describing them as "urgent"  and "bimbos"

Urgent for what? And how do you know they are bimbos? Linda Lusardi wasn't as I recall.

12/06/2013 at 14:33

I quite like an older woman, always did

That's enough about your mother Nick.

Sorry I just couldn't resist.

12/06/2013 at 14:34

@Screampillar - How is asking why the OP cares either negative or obtuse?  I'm neither, but I have no time for petty whiners who think they're entitled to whinge their way through life without being offended.

Edited: 12/06/2013 at 14:34

The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by people who actually do run the country; The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; The Financial Times is read by people who own the country; The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country; and The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits

Oh no, other people's if you don't mind

12/06/2013 at 14:35

Bloody hell, I just remembered I had a dream about Samantha Fox the other day.  It wasn't like that though, she had her clothes on.  Damn, wish I could remember what it was all about. It was completely surreal and fucked up, even for me...

21 to 40 of 84 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.