Noise Cancelling Headphones

Any recommendations for these? On OH's Christmas wish list!

10 messages
22/11/2011 at 21:04

First up, I know you get what you pay for. However, the OH is lusting after a pair of noise reducing headphones having tried the BOSE model at the airport and loved them. We don't fly that often so they are very much a want rather than a need.

They're on his Christmas list, and he's come up with a couple of suggestions around £50 (Lindy and Sony). However, he rarely asks for anything and the reviews are mixed. I just wondered if anyone has a pair and what you would recommend?

They're not for running, just for around the house, travelling etc, and he fancies the over-ear model, ideally foldable (if that's a proper word - can't think what it should be instead). Any thoughts, recommendations, experiences or general ramblings gratefully received!

22/11/2011 at 21:40
Bose. That is all.
23/11/2011 at 06:53
Thanks Intermanaut - I asked friends the same question on facebook, and my girlie geek friend gave the same response! Maybe have to start saving my pennies!
23/11/2011 at 15:28
I agree re  over ear ones rather than on ear. The on ear ones start to hurt after a few hours. At least they do me. Bose for me as well. They don't fold though
Edited: 23/11/2011 at 15:31
gingerfurball    pirate
23/11/2011 at 15:58
I (yesterday) bought my son the Bose over ear ones (the ones he wanted) - at a knee weakening £149!! But apparently they are brilliant.
PSC    pirate
23/11/2011 at 16:00
got Sony ones which are Ace (in trains and planes) and half the price of Bose.
cougie    pirate
23/11/2011 at 16:18
Check out the Gadget Show site - they tested a few pairs head to head.

And I cant remember who won......

Sorry.
23/11/2011 at 16:43
@gingerfurball - my Bose QuietComfort 15 'phones were £229 duty-free, or £280 list price. They're worth every penny - absolutely no external noise on aeroplanes. Marvellous.
23/11/2011 at 17:34
Bose QC2 fits completely over the ear, nuff said
23/11/2011 at 20:38
Think Bose are going to win having done some more research - thanks for the info. He is a good husband (most of the time) and deserves a treat.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.