North Korea

21 to 35 of 35 messages
Pudge    pirate
27/03/2013 at 17:41
So were Germany.
27/03/2013 at 17:55
Pudge wrote (see)
So were Germany.

really?? Italy had Mussolini backing Hitler; the French were fighting themselves; other European countries were impotent, and the Russians and Yanks couldn't give a flying fuck until they both got dragged into the war.  Only the UK and it's commonwealth partners and resistance movements were prepared to stand up to the Germans even though we were outgunned at the time, and we would have been bolloxed without the US coming in to help and the Russians upping the ante.  

Edited: 27/03/2013 at 17:57
Pudge    pirate
27/03/2013 at 18:04
So the only 'backer' of Germany was Italy then.

North Korea has a dictator in charge with warped ideals, a propaganda machine working overtime and a population prepared to take up arms, willing or otherwise.

Its also surrounded by nations who, I imagine, don't want to side with north Korea, but at the same time don't particularly want to piss them off.

I don't see it as being that different. Only my opinion.
27/03/2013 at 18:06

War was a different prospect when Hitler was about being a bad lad.

Nuclear threat was only imposed at the end of WWII and that was by the Americans rather than the Nazis, bombs were generally dropped out of planes not launched from miles and miles away on another continent. My point is that to wage war in modern times a nation would need to technology and the means. NK don't really have those things. Their weapons are fairly primative, some of their clobber dates back to the Cold War.

27/03/2013 at 18:10

I agree that if North Korea kick off, which I doubt they will, then the rest of the world should bomb the living daylights out of the blighters, but it's seems quite hypocritical of the Americans to threaten to attack any country that has nuclear weapons, when they're the only country to have used them in a wartime situation.

27/03/2013 at 18:16

the threat of a nuclear war has been hanging around like a bad smell since Hiroshima and Nagasaki and none of the main powers will do first launch as they know the consequences would be huge - the threat will always come from a rogue state or someone trying to punch above their weight like NK or Iran and if that happens than it will become a stand off between US, Russia and China as to what happens next and frankly I'm not sure what would happen.   whatever, it would not be nice for the rest of us so perhaps we'd all be best donning the colanders!

27/03/2013 at 18:57

In the words of Randy Newman:

''Let's drop the big one

Pulverise 'em''

....and he didn't really mean it either..did he?

Great albums by the way if you're not familiar with them.

27/03/2013 at 19:23

The people of North Korea can't even manage to do a half decent haircut on their leader, so how would they ever manage to build a nuclear weapon?

It's just empty talk from Kim Dong Ting Tong. 

27/03/2013 at 22:14

I think we should bomb Fat Larry and his band 

27/03/2013 at 22:24
Screamapillar wrote (see)
fat buddha wrote (see)

"Having said that, apparantly some US baseball star visited recently and Kim Jong Un told him he wanted Barack Obama to contact him"

basketball not baseball - Dennis Rodman, retired Chicago Bulls player - who is a bit of a nutter anyway so I wouldn't read anyything into it.  

Meh - basketball/baseball... American games don't really count.

I wonder what the national sport of North Korea is? Pie eating by the look of it  

"North Korean parents 'eating their own children' after being driven mad by hunger in famine-hit pariah state "

says the online dailymail. 

27/03/2013 at 22:48

North Korea will just continue low level harrasement of South Korea until it gets slapped down.  It hasn't been slapped down since the Korean War so expect the occassional sheeling of the South, sinking of southern patrol ships etc to continue indefinitely.

The risk is that one day the north will cross the line and do something that does lead to a response from the South or US.  However I suspect that should that ever happen the North would just go into a sulk rather doing anything so stupied as launching a nuke.

28/03/2013 at 06:04

Bomb them I say ! 

Like a naughty child a swift bit of discipline will work wonders  They may have people but the standard of munitions is very poor and a quick shock and awe will work wonders 

Plus I really miss MASH and this way we could have a whole new series 

28/03/2013 at 09:29

I hope the North don't do anything that would provoke a response. Based on the Iraq War the U.S. retaliate with Air Strikes, again civilians will die.

28/03/2013 at 11:41

If the west does attack North Korea they should do it in the name Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour, start a new crusade, it would put the fear of God into those hankie wearing A-rabs, and  might stop the church from declining into oblivion by giving it a new reason. 

Civilians have always been a casualty of war, it's the price you pay for losing, 

Nicky McNamerson wrote (see)

1 Samuel 15:3 "Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do
not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and
sheep, camels and donkeys.'" - God

What a charmer. Killing kids today quite rightly gets you complete ostracism and banged up for life, commanding it 3,500 years ago gets you seats in the House of Lords. There's bags of this kind of thing from God in the OT. Remember that whenever you think about cuddly Jesus - it's the same fella apparently.

God demands it, and we are in the right!

28/03/2013 at 11:46

A week in Rome has doen you good, you've clearly seen the light 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 35 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.