northern social

anyone interested in a regular northeastern gathering?

7,201 to 7,220 of 7,563 messages
06/01/2007 at 02:11
thanks baz - well done on the 00 :o)

i've had a completely carp cold over the last few days but think its going now :o)

who else is doing BM? xxx
06/01/2007 at 18:27
Evening all, and belated rhino-like birthday greetings.
Today saw my entry into the wonderful world of Cross-country, running around a great big moor-like thing in Consett, in very decent conditions.
I'd have to say that it was most enjoyable and a very different atmosphere to a normal road or trail race.
Sunderland next week, and I'm looking forward to it already, hope my legs recover quickly :-)
06/01/2007 at 23:34
Rhino not me this year....if I could wrangle the train times I may come support but as normal minus a car/transport it is difficult. I still have bad memories from last year perhaps next year!

Good going Ian! Just proves you can improve/enjoy yourself more with age!
07/01/2007 at 16:47
Rhino

BM = moi

Ian
just watch thsoe achilles in the mud:-))
Baz
09/01/2007 at 13:12
Ian -well done on your first cross country. A few of the lads at the club said it was very good conditions. Saw a copy of the results last night, you were 136th place.

My marathon training is going well (looks around for wood to touch), did 13.3 miles on Sunday for my first 30+ mile week in longer than I can remember.
09/01/2007 at 13:58
Baz, well done on the improvement,let's hope it continues.
As for the XC, I think I may have been spoilt by good conditions, bith weather and underfoot, as well as being able to park almost on the course !
Let's see how I feel after Sunderland on saturday :o)
10/01/2007 at 10:46
good going Baz - you are getting stronger.

Ian
xcountry !!!
On Sunday I had to run about 1.5 miles through Somme like mud to connect two nice tarmac paths on my long run. Ankle wrenching, achilles tugging, calf straining misery:-))))
Baz
16/01/2007 at 13:17
Well everyone must be training very hard, no time for any posting.

Ian - how did your second x-country go, a bit tougher than the 1st one I imagine.

I managed 14.5 miles at the weekend, which scarily is the furthest I have run since doing FLM 2005.
16/01/2007 at 13:51
Baz, well done on the 14.5, it's coming along !

You are right, the Sunderland XC was much harder than Consett and showed my lack of experience. There was no real opportunity to get a rhythm going as you would on road or trail, and I sufferd accordingly.
Fording a muddy stream 3 times was novel too.
I still managed about 16 on Sunday as well, but the wind made it really hard work.
18/01/2007 at 17:21
Ian

streams - I have found a few of those on the pavements of late!!!

Baz
well done on the 14.5m. It's more than half way.

I am tapering - he says in some relief - for Brass Monkey. It will be my first race in over 6 months....................
18/01/2007 at 17:23
..........must just make sure Rhino does not beat me - but I don't know what she looks like!!:-)))
18/01/2007 at 17:37
Hi folks,
back in training now my knee seems to have sorted itself out,
I'm doing the brass monkey on sunday as a slow steady run to get an idea of how unfit I've become after the lay off from running.

T.S.
I'll be the one at the back
18/01/2007 at 21:48
I hope all you Brass Monkeys don't live up to the name of the race.
I've had a particularly idle week, having been in Edinburgh for most of it, and not able to get out, although the wind and a broken central heating boiler haven't been ideal things to return to.
18/01/2007 at 22:01
*wishes she could make it to support at brass monkey but public transport makes it difficult :o(*

will just have to think about you all on the course, and dream of racing with you all jan 08 :o)
19/01/2007 at 13:00
Ian

no heating - not good

NS
hope to see you on Sunday - have a good one.
Pub afterwards?

PPB
you are just frightened of being blown away with your new lightweight body:-)))
19/01/2007 at 14:51
Boiler repair man has just done hs stuff and taken a large sum of money from me.
But I now have heat and can hear the dishwasher and washing machine merrily whirring away in the background.
Ah warmth, something you Brass Monkeys may find in short supply on Sunday :-)
19/01/2007 at 17:25
T.S.
wont be at the pub afterwards as I'm giving a lift to a couple of peeps who cant hang around for long afterwards.
My number is 685 and I'll be in the club vest (same as my picture)
19/01/2007 at 17:35
Ian

and the shower will have hot water as well:-))

NS
hope to meet up with you then.

Forecast is quite good for Sunday - sunny, temp 2 to 7C, wind 12mph westerly which means it won't have that edge to it coming off the North Sea.
22/01/2007 at 21:38
Evening all :o)

Hope all those venturing into BM territory survived the experience and had an enjoyable race.

Not too great at moment-medication/hormone issues..sent home friday early as wasnt a well princess and even missed training Sunday for a gentle walk and skinny latte.

So anyone have plans for Sunday May 27th? Was taking a peek at Teesdale AC website and they have opened entries for their 5km/10km at Raby Castle...if anyone else will be around that weekend I am very tempted to go for a decent time in the 5km!

*listens to rain drumming on palace windows so snuggles deeper down into big fluffy duvet with a small bear*
23/01/2007 at 09:21
Hi here, shrinking Princess.
Raby on 27th sounds good to me.
That's the weekend after I get back from representing GB in the European Masters road races in Germany, so I should be raring to go !
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.