northern social

anyone interested in a regular northeastern gathering?

7,401 to 7,420 of 7,563 messages
01/08/2007 at 19:37
I've just had a faster pain free 5km run so I've had a change of heart and either bravely or stupidly (you choose) entered Darlington.

i may come last but I don't care if I do, I've not raced since february and I need the practice :-)
02/08/2007 at 07:08
I'll let you off this time Baz.
04/08/2007 at 22:04
ooooooooooooooo a full northern contingent at darlington :)

*looks to northern snail nicely.....*.are you sure its ok for a small princess nad her bear to visit for the night? i have a day owed from last year so taking it as a day off on saturday so no rushing like a loonie after work....will send you text northern snail x

did 5miler the toehr week...training been a bit hit/miss but i should do quite well and certainly cant be as slow as i was at nissan or leeds abbey dash.

05/08/2007 at 21:53
Is this thread for anyone or just regulars?

Ian.
06/08/2007 at 09:08
Ian
as you will see from the frequency of posts, there is no such thing as a regular here :-)
So, welcome aboard, and are you coming to darlo ?
08/08/2007 at 22:42
good evening all!

the banana cake is baked and has left the palace smelling divine! i just hope i have enough forumites to tuck in and eat it!

welcome ian runner to the northern social thread :) we have regular forumites but also welcome new peeps with open arms, coffee and cake!

how many of us are actually doing darlington? and do you mind if the deal is you have to wait for me to finish before you munch cake????

monty is undecided as to whether to race or just support-he will decide on the day dependent on weather conditions etc...

well all snuggled in bed-just about to finish harry potter and the goblet of fire before heading towards the new one....i told myself that i could only read the last one once i had refreshed myself with the previous books! ~looks forward to long train journey for plenty of reading time~

well harry time for me...should be on the order of the pheonix tomorrow!
08/08/2007 at 23:06
No Im not doing the Darlo I dont drive which doesnt help. Im doing the Elswick Cup 5k next Wednesday which is in the Newcastle Exhibition Park, should be fast as its nice and flat. I have managed to get a place in the GNR so I am looking forward to doing that, never done it before. Good Luck for Darlo!

Ian.
09/08/2007 at 07:14
Greetings IanRunner

Hi Baz - nice to see old habits die hard:-))

bench polisher reporting in:-))

Walking through the streets of London last week my knee completely locked up with considerable pain. Had to go to doc's - xray's etc and stern warnings not to do any weight bearing exercise until results back. Not that I wanted to do any anyway - too bl**dy sore.

Bit p*ssed off at the moment as I was looking for a good build up to GNR
09/08/2007 at 09:06
TS - sorry to hear about your current problem. It does seem like one thing after another.

PPB- I shall of course wait for you, can't miss you this time !

Other Ian, I'd forgotten about the exhibition park race. I can run there from home, and I've never run a 5k before, so I may well turn up. Must check if they do entries on the day.
09/08/2007 at 09:49
Ian, I thought you'd be running from home to the race on Sunday!

PPB, I'll probably run around with you - that is if you want company!

I managed 6.5km last night without too much pain and have no pain this morning at all so things are looking up at last :-)
09/08/2007 at 22:38
Hello everyone. They do entries on the day but I think it is quite apopular race from what I have heard. I think the max is 350. Might be worth looking at last years results to see how many runners there were.

I could do with finding a 10k at the end of August to take place of the Nissan that was cancelled, as that should set me up nicely for the GNR.

Ian.
10/08/2007 at 09:18
DD -I may well run to Exhibition park for the 5k, but not to Darlo :-)

Ian- thanks for that info, I'll look it up.
As for 10k, there is the new Rrobin Hood 10k on 20 August, put on by Jarrow and Hebburn AC.
10/08/2007 at 22:56
ooooooooo running company sounds good...i shall be in my fetch top so you wont miss me or the bear!

11/08/2007 at 13:01
IanRunner,
there isnt normally problems getting on the day entries to the Darlington 10k. the race starts at 10.30 so if you want to enter on the day I suggest you be in the town centre about 9.30 to register.

11/08/2007 at 14:39
NS- I think other Ian was referring to on the day entries for the Exhibition park run, in answer to my query.
Do keep up :-)
Right then, proper footy starts in 20 mins.
Sister in law's 60th tonight and the darlo, most likely with a hangover, tomorrow. See you there. (this time ! )
13/08/2007 at 11:22
Well, Darlo was good fun and great to see NS PPB and DD there, too.
Banana cake, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
I managed to lose a shoe, too, which is a first for me. After running back to the car in the monsoon that broke out, I got my bag from the boot and lobbed it into the car, to get my towel and it must have fallen out then. Good job it was a fairly old pair.
13/08/2007 at 11:31
did you get wet Ian?
13/08/2007 at 12:41
oh yes, had to change out of my lovely Swiss Alpine marathon shirt :-(
13/08/2007 at 20:38

Ian

tee shirt show off

the banana cake smelt good from here..................................

Been to docs this am for x rays results which were good news in one respect. No cartilage damage and surprisingly very little sign of any deterioration of the bone surfacing so all that road running has had no impact on my joints

Bad news is no definitive diagnosis. Best guess is that some inflammation in the ligaments had released chemicals into the knee which inflammed it and caused some reaction. Keep taking the tablets, let the swelling fully subside and gentle progression from then on..........................

............me gentle progression!!!

14/08/2007 at 09:20
TS,at least, as you say, there is some positive news.
So, patience it is then , ha ha
why can't I find any smileys to include ?
7,401 to 7,420 of 7,563 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.