northern social

anyone interested in a regular northeastern gathering?

7,461 to 7,480 of 7,563 messages
30/10/2007 at 15:56

Hmm, suppose I could do my long run on the Saturday and amble around the Town Moor on the Sunday.

be good if you can get DD to come, as you say, you ran well together at Darlo.

NS, glad you are getting back off the bench, and i hope that the return goes well.

Wonder how TS is, hope he is getting better, too.

Anyone heard from Rhino? I was just thinking about her as I sent off my application for the White Peak marathon for next May.

30/10/2007 at 20:19

woooooooooohooooooooooo! Party!!!!!!!!!

Many happy engagement congratulations Baz and Mrs Baz to be!

It did very good food NS so should you end up there again-I can strongly recommend it!

Haven't texted DD yet...but a bit of royal charm and bribery might work

Still at Mummy and Daddy's and thoroughly chilled!I was definately ready for a break from work etc..and I haven't trained once!

30/10/2007 at 20:19

woooooooooohooooooooooo! Party!!!!!!!!!

Many happy engagement congratulations Baz and Mrs Baz to be!

It did very good food NS so should you end up there again-I can strongly recommend it!

Haven't texted DD yet...but a bit of royal charm and bribery might work

Still at Mummy and Daddy's and thoroughly chilled!I was definately ready for a break from work etc..and I haven't trained once!

31/10/2007 at 10:01

Hello,

I'm not sure about racing at the moment as I'm still getting quite a bit of jip from my knee.

I shouldn't have run in Amsterdam really, but I don't regret it at all  .

I'll seeif I can start running again at the weekend, but I really want to do Brampton to Carlisle again, but we'll see.

02/11/2007 at 08:15

Morning all,

well my cheque for the FLM has been cashed with the first batch of cheques cleared so it looks like I have a place for next years London Marathon. Hard training starts now.

Went out last night with the club for one of our speed sessions and I am getting most of my fitness back, still got a bit more to do to get back to where I was 2 months ago but it is returning.

Hope your knee is recovering ok D.D.

Got to go, work calls.

Baz
11/11/2007 at 17:30

Hi All

Ian - was great to see you at Gibside last week. It was certainly the hilliest course I have run, but very scenic & I was extremely happy with 51:04 & 93rd place.

PPB - I was passing the Trip to Jerusalem a few months back as well while on a trip to Nottingham. Seems like the Northern Socialites are heading further South.

Hope anyone who did the Memorial 10K today had a good run

12/11/2007 at 09:25

Hi Baz, Gibside was splendid wasnt it, and I improved my time of two years ago by over three minutes, so I'm well happy.

13/11/2007 at 08:34

Hello All,

Well, I'm back running again - myknee aches a bit when running, but after a good strectch and some ice it feels fine (I tend to keep it strapped up with neoprene when not runningto make sure at the moment ). Brampton to carlisle isn't going to happen this year, but I'm planning on running the Saltwell 10k and the resolution run again.

Hope to see you all again soon.

13/11/2007 at 09:10

Hi DD - good to hear that you are getting better. I should be doing Saltwell and the Resolution run too, so hope to see you there,

Reminder to self - get entry forms, fill them in and post them.

13/11/2007 at 18:36

Right then, to day I have entered

Saltwell 10k

Woodlawn Boxing Day Fun Run at Whitley Bay

Resolution Run

Oh yes, and the benidorm marathon a week on Sunday

Should keep me busy

24/11/2007 at 11:52

been injured so no memorial race for me.....had a fit on the stairs at work and managed to bruise my left hip/thigh/knee and bum! just about mobile again and have a nice gentle 10miler next weekend at thirsk with chilledrunner and karen......we are then doing team bridget at loftus and whitby two weeks later but thats 7-8miles.....

fudge is growing well and im enjoying being a parent! although he is afraid of spiders so totally wrecked his indoor cage this morning when one refused to vacate his 'bedroom'..

well off to enjoy a saturday of being a lady of leisure for once...worked thursday so off today-woooohooo!

love to all x x

26/11/2007 at 11:17

PPB - sorry to hear about your injury, but glad to hear that you are on the mend

I did the Benidorm marathon yesterday, in 3:32. I have managed to reck my left hamstring again, and have an astonishing pain on the outside of my right knee.

Apart from that it was a very good event, although i would hate to go to benidorm when it is busy. It is just a mass of skyscrapers and so called British pubs. Not my odea of a holiday.but nice and quiet at this time of year.

26/11/2007 at 22:35

evening all,

PPB, you doing the Loftus Poultry run, I'll see you there, hope your injuries are healing alright as its a good run.

Ian,

Iwas in benidorm on holiday a couple of years ago and must agree about the skyscrapers. Did you visit the old town, its a nicer part of Benidorm.

Got my acceptance magazine this morning to confirm my place in next years London Marathon. Did it in 2005 and when I got to the finish I swore it would be the last one as I had done the distance so didnt have to do it again ......ever

next year will be my 4th

kind of gets you hooked this distance running.

26/11/2007 at 22:38

Oh and forgot to mention that last Monday my daughter made me into a grandad when she had a lovely little boy.

7lb 6oz, both mother and son fit and well.

Its a tremendous feeling, holding your first grandchild, on par with when my daughter was born.

29/11/2007 at 11:46

NS - many congrats on being  a grandad. You will now be a handy source of babysitting !

well done on your FLM acceptance too. I am planning to go and do the Enschede marathon In Holland again on that day, assuming my legs recover from last Sunday of course

29/11/2007 at 13:01

Ian,

my daughter lives about 30 miles awayfrom me, her mum lives about 1 mile away from her so guess who will get most of the babysitting.

03/12/2007 at 16:35

Anybody doing the Newcastle Santa Run (or limp in my case)  on Saturday ?

I've tried my santa suit on and it would be a great fit if I were 6'6" and about 40 stone. Happily I am neither.

I might stuff a pillow inside, and really do the thing properly.

04/12/2007 at 08:26

I did that run last year Ian, it's a good laugh but I decided not to enter this year.

Quick tip for you:  make sure you wear a pair of running shorts under the santa trousers as they do have a tendency to fall down when running.

Enjoy it!!

06/12/2007 at 19:09

Loftus Poultry Run

Just come across this thread while trying to find out more about this event. I live near Stokesley so this is one of my ' local' events but one I haven't done before. I'd be grateful for any information on what to expect - mud? rain? hills? etc. What distance is it? The organisers seem very coy about whether its 7 or 8.

I have already entered and was very impressed with the organisation as my number, 250, came by return post. From experience, though, its more common that club events should be well organised than a lot of so called ' major' races. I had problems at Cardiff this year and at Edinburgh last so am already impressed by this race.

08/12/2007 at 12:23

Hi Bill, welcome to our fairly somnolent thread. can't help you with the Poultry run, it's a bit out of my territory.

DD - you were right about the trousers. I spent most of the run clutching the trousers in one hand, and my jacket and disintegrating number wth the other.

It was great fun though, particularly trotting through the treets where I live, to and from the start. Got a football at the end too, which is nice

Must have been a short 4k as well. I was just trotting briskly to avoid doing any more damage to my hamstring (anmd failing as it still hurts)  and finished in 16:38.

Certainly a one for next year, and I will prepare my suit rather better.

7,461 to 7,480 of 7,563 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.