northern social

anyone interested in a regular northeastern gathering?

7,521 to 7,540 of 7,563 messages
11/02/2008 at 11:29

I can beat that Ian,

my number for the Blackpool marathon this year is................

11/02/2008 at 11:33
wow, no pressure there then
11/02/2008 at 20:00
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you heard the call then Well...that sounds interesting.....10km in march.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm.........anyone got any details....6weeks to get some decent training in....perhaps an option.......................................depends on accomodation etc as usual....grrrrrrrr!
25/02/2008 at 16:00

Hello quiet northern peeps.

How are we all doing ? I've just been booking some running trips, always good fun. Off to Potugal for training camp a week on Thursday. Then Enschede marathon at the end of April, Swiss Alpine marathon end of July, and rounding off with Toronto at the end of September.

Miles are building up nicely now, but weight still not coming off, one out of two's not bad though

Baz
25/02/2008 at 18:28

Hi everyone

Bet you all thought I had disappeared off the planet Just been trying to catch up with the last couple of months thread. Hope you are all feeling ok & running well.

I have had a mixed bag of fortune, was going quite well & getting the fitness back, then had slight hamstring strain, so slowed up for a few weeks, but hopefully getting back again now. Am doing the Liverpool 1/2 on Sunday, probably only looking at about 1:35, but we shall see.

On the personal front, wedding plans in full swing now. We are getting married on 16th May in Lindos in Rhodes. Lots of paperwork to be done & had Thomas Cook change a flight time that nearly caused a problem, but all ok again now. We only get back a couple of days before Raby, so not sure if I will make our annual meeting this year.

26/02/2008 at 17:47

Hi Baz, good to hear from you, and great news on the impending nuptials.

I've got the White Peak Marathon the week before Raby, but I hope to be there, for a trot round and the possibility of some banana cake

07/03/2008 at 20:11
WAHEYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Baz
08/03/2008 at 17:49

Hi

Did Liverpool last weekend. A bit blowy, but not as bad as had been forecast. Did 1:33:18 for 281st place, so very pleased, a couple of minutes better than I had planned.

18/03/2008 at 17:19

Baz, that sounds good.

I am just returned from a splendid 10 daya training in the Algarve, covering about 130 miles in all, including a mile time trial, 8k XC, various track and hill sessions and long runs. It were grand, and now I am suffering from man flu, Good job it waitied till I got home.

Hope I'm OK for the North Tyneside 10k on Sunday, certainly no running for a few days though.

25/03/2008 at 11:23

Anybody do the NT 10K ?

I did, rather stupidly, as I was still suffering a lot and managed 51mins, about 10 mins slower than last year, and felt awful. Common sense would say that I shouldn't have done it, but when did that count for much

26/03/2008 at 15:32

Hello Ian,

I was there, took it steady as I met up with a friend who I hadn't seen for over a year and she wanted to get under an hour so I ran round with her and we finished in 59:29.

I'm well on my way for this year's Blackpool marathon which is 4 weeks on Sunday , I'm up to 19 miles for my long run (well, I should be, but I wimped out after 10 last Sunday).

Look after yourself Ian!

11/04/2008 at 17:21

tumbleweed sweeps across thread.

How is everyone?

After recovering from my two weeks plus off with fluey stuff, I've done something to my back now, so have had a chiropractor sticking his elbow in my bum, followed by needles. And I paid for it, and I'm going back for more of it. Perhaps I need a different sort of medical help.

I was going to try a trot this evening, but as I look out of thw window, it's coming down cats dogs and gerbils, bah !

22/04/2008 at 08:49

hello all   *waves manically at all in thread*

Now what have we all been upto? the bunny and i have just had a week down at my parentals and both enjoyed it...he loved sunning himself in their conservatory when i was out doing girlie stuff with my mummy.....

Just wondering if we were doing our usual bit at Raby Castle this year...as for some reason I think I am now mentally tough enough to do 10km.....have talked my fledgling runner friend into the 5km!

Have been persuaded to do GNR! so facing a 10km early in my season shouldn't kill me off I just know it won't be a quick run/pb but aim to get around and survive!*looks at DD to see if he fancies some plodding company...we have several months of gossip to catch up on**

I have two job interviews over the next 36hours!!! One this afternoon at 2.30pm for a local housing association and one tomorrow afternoon at 1pm with the Skipton Building Society ) bit wibblie but I do need to do something different-the brain is getting stagnant where I am.

*looks to northern snail to see how he feels after FLM and a pb ;o) yes I had a nosey and looks all humble and lovely...if your doing Raby any chance of invading the shell for the night*

22/04/2008 at 09:23

Hi PPB,

I've been busy preparing for the Blackpool marathon (which is on Sunday ) and am now just coming down with cold.

I'm not sure about Raby yet as I'm running the pier to pier the week before, but I may turn up - I'm leaving a decision until after Blackpool this year to see how I feel.

Good luck with the interviews, I'm sure you will do fine

22/04/2008 at 09:24

Hi Princess, good to hear from you and the very best for your interviews.

I have the delights of the Enschede marathon in Holland on Sunday, for which I am hopelessly ill prepared, followed three weeks later by the White Peak marathon in Derbyshire. If I get through them, then I will certainly be at Raby.

With my various ailments, I've done very little running, but I had a nice hour on the seafront at Gosport on Sunday where I was for a surprise birthday party for an old girlfriend (well, not that old ! ) , and she was certainly surprised !

26/04/2008 at 21:09

hiya gang

just to let you know the princess was unsuccessful in her bid to escape her current job.....think i have got over the gutted feeling but doesnt help that i really dont feel happy in current job

good luck to those running silly distances at the weekend....i think im being dragged out of my duvet for a plod by karen!

29/04/2008 at 14:23

Princess - always try and take the positive approach. The interviews were good practice and will be useful the next time you apply for a job.

My marathon went worse that i had hoped, which shows that preceeding a marathon by 5 weeks of almost complete inactivity through ilness and injury,does not constitute good preparation.

3:39, it was, 21 minutes slower than last year, and my, did it hurt !

Still, good prepration for the White Peak !

09/05/2008 at 23:40

right time to take orders for cakes etc as the princess will be making an appearance at raby in the 10km...along with a small bear and a sunderland stroller (batmouse) for company....

so.....given its my birthday on the thurs 22nd...shall we have a birthday party afterwards????

10/05/2008 at 18:35
Sounds good to me, as long as my legs are still working after the White peak marathon, and I won't know that until I've done it, next Saturday
11/05/2008 at 23:19

ian they dont have to work that well

7,521 to 7,540 of 7,563 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.