northern social

anyone interested in a regular northeastern gathering?

7,541 to 7,560 of 7,563 messages
20/05/2008 at 23:00

looks around for northern forumites

ok who is up for raby at weekend-im being big and brave and doing the 10km....yes now dont all collapse in shock!

if i make a banana cake im not oging to have to eat it all on my own am i???

21/05/2008 at 08:23
I think I'll be there - I've entered, but not too sure if I'm going to honour it yet
21/05/2008 at 18:14
DD oh come on you know you want too.....the lure of banana cake, royalty and northern forumites....your welcome to do a gentle plod around with batmouse and i
24/05/2008 at 10:22
so everyone ready for tomorrow-banana cake is baked ready to go!!!!
29/05/2008 at 16:40

How was Raby then ?

Sorry, I couldn't make it, my legs were still battered from the previous weekend's marathon.

I do have my entry form for Darlo though, which I shall get posted in the next day or two.

Was thinking about the new watergate b10k this Sunday too, which sounds like a good course.

31/07/2008 at 16:27

Right then, dusts off thread for another go.

I'm just back from m y anuual trip to the Swiss Alpine marathon, where I had another great time and tweaked my hamstring again, so need to rest for a few days.

My number for Darlo 10k has arrived and I'm looking forward to doing that again this year.

Anyone else doing it ?

31/07/2008 at 17:43

Hello Ian

Dont think I am doing Darlington this year-just the way finances have gone etc...however I have got my place for Great North Run not that I have found anywhere to stop on Saturday ngiht yet.

I am determined to kill off my half marathon demon and GNR will be it!!!!!!!!  There is a guy from the gym doing it too so I have at least got a training partner.

Well off to sort out my tea xx

01/08/2008 at 09:47

Hi Princess

Sorry i won't be seeing you at darlo, but I'm very pleased to hear about your GNR place. With your determination, I have every confidence that you will kill that demon in fine style, and then whp knows what the future may hold

I'm off to Toronto at the end of September, to have a go at the Water front marathon, which should  make quite a change from Switzerland.

07/08/2008 at 10:39
I'm hoping to be at Darlo again, but, yet again, I'm suffering with achilles problems. The problems are nowhere near as bad as last year so I should be there.
07/08/2008 at 16:44
Hi DD, sorry to hear about your continuing achilles problems , and it looks like you wont have a Princess to run around with this time
11/08/2008 at 19:26

*wonders why DD should be smiling at not having a princess to run around with*

sorry i cant be there-just the way things have gone......

12/08/2008 at 07:39

Yes, I could have picked a more appropriate face  Maybe this one .

It was another good day, not very quick but most enjoyable, althought the heavens did open for a while, it had cleared up again by the end.

Princess, do you have any target races before GNR ?

13/08/2008 at 18:38

hi ian

i have a couple of races before gnr

nike 10km human race thingee-running wiht my training partner up here in scarborough on aug 31st then have tholthorpe 10km sept 7th then im in norfolk for the relay weekend and thinkim running the 11.74mile stage at a good race pace then 2weeks after that i have gnr.

been out today with army friend who got me doing a speedy and hilly run which was 9.25km in 1:03! i did really well and surprised him with my fitness although struggled on the very last gradual drawn out hill but think that may be to do with not being on top form as had a seizure at aerobics class last night so still getting back to normal but if i can do that run then i can do anything!

in terms of training we do a long run on a sunday then kevin and i get out in the week ~(tues or weds) for a short speedy and then i try to do hills on a friday night after work. this is combined with bodybalance and aerobics classes etc during the week. this sunday we are aiming for a gentle 6.5miles out and 6.5miles back...plan is to cover the distance even if we opt for a run/walk to prove we can do it! time and speed will not be the issue its covering the distance and time on feet etc

Edited: 13/08/2008 at 18:41
14/08/2008 at 11:15

Hi PPB

Your progress sends fantastic. The relay will give you all the confidence that you need for GNR, as well as your planned Sunday runs.

Toronto marathon is next for me, at the end of September. If it stops raining, I might consider a run !

31/08/2008 at 08:18

HELLO!

How are you all doing?

Its gone very quiet in here...mmmmmmmmmm....your not all out training are you?

anyhow if your bored and some loose change please take a peek at 

http://www.justgiving.com/kellyrunsformaggies

well if you don't ask *cheeky royal smile*

Edited: 31/08/2008 at 08:20
01/09/2008 at 16:36

Howdy PPB

Looks like just thee and me then.

I hope your GNR training is going well.

I am now building towards Toronto. I managed over 70 miles last week and hope to get near that this week. as long as everything holds together

01/09/2008 at 21:49

Im getting there Ian...did a steady 10.25miles a fortnight ago and have a few races to tackle of 10km so having done the double figures I am now a little more confident.

a70mile week would probably finish me off!

06/10/2008 at 13:28

PPB,

how did you do yesterday? I was on duty at chip return at the end and looked out for you, but there too many people around for me to see you.

I hope you had a good one!

06/10/2008 at 18:44

Aye, I want the full match  report too, or maybe she hasn't got out of the car park at Shileds yet !

How are you doing DD ?

I did the Toronto marathon a week past Sunday, in 3:26, which I was pleased with. Lovely place too, and well worth a visit. I am now absolutely full of cold, which isn't quite so nice . 

07/10/2008 at 21:51

I DID IT!

I managed 2:37:27!

I was on Tyne Bridge when Red Arrows went over and was in the last mile when they hit South Shields! Daddy even spotted me on the telly as was on the coverage as the boys did their stuff over the bridge!

BLOODY MARVELLOUS EVENT_SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

7,541 to 7,560 of 7,563 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.