Now we can laugh at disabled people!

13 messages
08/09/2012 at 16:33

I quite like the 'is it ok to ask?' section. Some of the questions... 

08/09/2012 at 16:50
So should Sarah Storey become Sports Personality of the Year? 4 golds and 11 in her career?
08/09/2012 at 17:59
kittenkat wrote (see)
Sussex Runner (NLR) wrote (see)
So should Sarah Storey become Sports Personality of the Year? 4 golds and 11 in her career?

A contender, there will be so many this year.

Certainly so many cyclists, anyway!

08/09/2012 at 18:48
Well being Deaf, i have had my fair share of humour directed at me, a lot is very unfunny and when you have had the "Pardon" joke more times than i have had hot dinners.

But if a joke is funny then i will laugh, but please make it original.
08/09/2012 at 19:00

I'm waiting for the 100 metres for Tourettes syndrome sufferers. "On your marks, set, FUCK OFF!" 

08/09/2012 at 21:47

My lads a runner with a form of muscular dystrophy, I'll check to see if he's game for a laugh. 

He is!  He laughed his arse off when I suggested the posting. "send it" he said, " it'll kill the thread stone dead". 

Actually not sure how his disability is supposed to manifest itself as only Great Ormond Street seems to acknowledge it. The lad meanwhile seems to be able to crack 60 seconds for 400m on the track and smash golf balls 300 yards despite weighing less than 100lb's.

Supposed to affect his IQ as well. It must have done, he only got 15 GCSE's most at A, A* despite being born in August.

Edited: 09/09/2012 at 06:42
09/09/2012 at 07:19

This is really not meant to be "bragging" and I am, certainly in terms of running, pretty useless.  I do however enjoy it.  I suffered a "severe" diffuse axonal brain injury a couple of years ago and broke my spine in a couple of places.  I am now registered as partially sighted and walk with a white cane.  I also have a few other brain injury related "issues".  That said, I took part in a 5k race yesterday and will be doing a 10k this morning.  Although I have a "sense of humour failure" at times, this is possibly brain injury related.  I like to think that I usually look on most things (including my own condition) with irreverant humour.  The terms that I and my wife etc. use to describe me, now, are distinctly lacking in "political correctness"!

09/09/2012 at 12:48
killermiles wrote (see)

Bit of both. Sometimes run on my own, the other times at the club and for a while been running with a couple of 17-year olds. As we run together more, We're getting loads of training in, and even done a few weekend runs and whole day runs.

problem if one runs on their own, we don't get pushed (as in RicF's comment), but run better under pressure, or to better oneself in a team. 

kittenkat wrote (see)
RicF wrote (see)

My lads a runner with a form of muscular dystrophy, I'll check to see if he's game for a laugh. 

He is!  He laughed his arse off when I suggested the posting. "send it" he said, " it'll kill the thread stone dead". 

Actually not sure how his disability is supposed to manifest itself as only Great Ormond Street seems to acknowledge it. The lad meanwhile seems to be able to crack 60 seconds for 400m on the track and smash golf balls 300 yards despite weighing less than 100lb's.

Supposed to affect his IQ as well. It must have done, he only got 15 GCSE's most at A, A* despite being born in August.

He obviously didn't read the muscular dystrophy rulebook!

He's been in training ever since he was seven years old. The medics say that the fact that he trains like a distance runners isn't a factor in keeping the symptoms at bay. I don't usually disagree but in this case I ask them how do they know since there's no study on the subject. My lad calls what he has as lazy muscle syndrome, since if he doesn't train then he loses fitness and ability much faster than seems normal. His varient is called Beckers'. It doesn't make comfortable reading.

09/09/2012 at 17:14

Cheers KK.

Blisters    pirate
09/09/2012 at 23:21

If she's done the homework, I'll second it.
PS I'm just too lazy to train as well. I think that goes down as the official disability category T055-er.

11/06/2013 at 21:22
Rickster wrote (see)

I'm waiting for the 100 metres for Tourettes syndrome sufferers. "On your marks, set, FUCK OFF!" 

Arse wipe, cock sucking tosser, queef smelling wanker,egg, frig basterd, raspberry ripple, wank stain, mindless, digby, mong, heartless, supersilious, self rigthious, judgemental, know it all, headteacher, politician, judge.  I utterly agree/disagree with everything you say.  But atleast I thought about it before I posted.

Para-Olympics 2012 should have banished this crap.  Do you really live in a bubble?

11/06/2013 at 23:23

Or a time warp?

12/06/2013 at 06:04

The thread was "Now we can laugh at disabled people" and following the paralympics 2012 there was a clear indication that disabled people want (and have every right) to be treated as everyone else is, that means facing everything we all face. Besides they are just as funny as anyone else. Your faux enragement continues to single them out as "Special"

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
13 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.