Oh Eck

I'm in so much trouble

61 to 77 of 77 messages
12/12/2006 at 10:19
Boing! Cheers M1. It's even worse than I initialy feared. Last time I saw mother-dearest she said ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. I am deader than a dodo after taking cyanide capsules on the day of the dead.
IronM.in    pirate
12/12/2006 at 10:31
Ooh - saying NOTHING is v v v bad! See ya!!
12/12/2006 at 10:46

>> MikeFrog, nirvana's a state of mind, beyond grasping, not a place

Oh, sure, I was just making a little joke using it as if it meant "heaven",
which I know it doesn't.

I could argue about "state of mind" though...
12/12/2006 at 10:52
It could be worse. I know I'm in trouble when my mum uses my full name including my middle name. It's times like that I'm glad I have an answerphone ;-)
12/12/2006 at 10:56
I quailed at telling my Mum that I wasn't going to stay over at Christmas this year. But I did it! I'm so proud of myself :-)

12/12/2006 at 12:40
When my mum found out about my tattoos she cried for two days! She then asked why I'd not told her about them....I replied "because I knew you'd react like this"....she didn't really have an answer for that!

She seems to have become accustomed to them now though.....I wouldn't go as far as to say she's accepted them though!

I agree with Pink Minnie though....saying nothing at all is bad!!!
12/12/2006 at 13:01
Have the opposite problem with my mum and her reaction to my tattoo's, she not only likes them but wants me to accompany her while she has her first one at the tender age of 70! Have to admit to being a bit of a hypocrit and finding that an embarassing scenario so I do the manly thing and everytime it's discussed tell her it's just not on

Well, I would if I wasn't so busy avoiding the subject :-)
12/12/2006 at 13:59
NTL....I have to ask what she wants to get done?! :-)
12/12/2006 at 14:04
A small rose lower arm, just above her wrist
12/12/2006 at 14:33
Sounds quite nice. At least at 70 she wouldn't have to answer the "what will you think when you're 40" question I always seem to get?!
12/12/2006 at 14:44
You are obviously nowhere near 40 then, as I am closing in on it fast I tend to get "what will they look like when you are old and wrinkly". Like I'm going to care!
12/12/2006 at 14:46
I'm rapidly approaching at 37 and counting!!
12/12/2006 at 15:05
Will you even remember NTL? I am pretty sure I won't remember mine.
12/12/2006 at 15:09
Don't know, think I will remember them, none of them are small, and on arms and chest quite visible. Still don't think I will care either way!
12/12/2006 at 16:21
Haha BB that has to be the best punishment from a mum, the total silence that says "I am so disappointed that you have done that"

NTL mine are on my shoulder, every so often I do a double take as I walk past the mirror after a shower, Whats that? oh yea tattoo, I remember, so I have no hope of remembering that they are there.
12/12/2006 at 16:36
Oh dear, Brummie. You should have let me go and talk to her. Mothers are at their most evil when they're silent.
12/12/2006 at 18:10
It could be worse. Your mother could be as ancient as mine and suffering from severe short-term memory problems. That way you can get to experience the shocked disapproval anew on every visit. It gets worse still. The short-term memory problems are accompanied by long term memory of extraordinary clarity, enabling one's dearest mater to recall all the most embarassing episodes of your childhood with startling detail.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 77 of 77 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.