Old Favourites

We've had sweets - what about TV....

121 to 135 of 135 messages
18/09/2002 at 10:38
Oh just remembered a classic, Michael Bentine's Potty Time! With the invisible men and just the footprints in the sand. Oh that was superb.
Ratbag    pirate
18/09/2002 at 11:03
How about Pussycat Willum and Ollie Owl. They appeared with Muriel Young (aunty moo)and Wally Whyton??
18/09/2002 at 12:22
I didnt have a telly when I was growing up , my dad decided that with just 3 channels it was a waste of time and money

Looking back I can see he was right but at the time I felt sorely cheated
18/09/2002 at 12:23
I think you were cheated, they were great days and great memories.
18/09/2002 at 12:31
Nope I had a wonderful upbringing shooting pigeons and setting fire to farmers fields, being bought up in the country meant there was always something to do . I think i was lucky and neverreally felt left out unless someone decided that I was a weirdo with two heads
18/09/2002 at 12:32
that sort of contradicts my first post
18/09/2002 at 13:38
a while ago i didn't have a tv for five years. it's quite funny how it stops you being able to talk to work colleagues whose only topics of conversation are what was on tv last night!
18/09/2002 at 20:25
Anyone reminisced about 'noah and nelly' yet?
Also the good news is that you can now get Hong Kong Phooey Fromage Frais (oh the joys of having children) each with a different character : Sgt Flint,Rosemary the telephone operator (hello,hello) , spot , Penry (could be) , Hong Kong himself and the hong kong phooey mobile.
My 4 year old told me to grow up and that Hong Kong phooey is horrid.

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
18/09/2002 at 20:38
Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in.....
TWTWTW - David Frost & Millicent Martin.
Doctor Who (the original series)
We can't leave Monty Python out.

And for anyone who speaks German - Otto! and if you don't, you've really missed out on a totally freaky way out anarchistic wacky visual comedian who always makes me roar with laughter (his 'Superman flying over a nudist camp' was hysterical)
19/09/2002 at 01:22
Does anyone remember a puppet thing called "four feather falls" it was cowboys and indians I think, showing my age now........
19/09/2002 at 01:27
Vision On
John Cravens Newsround

Gaz, I should go to bed, you'll end up like me
Nite
19/09/2002 at 01:48
Underover elephant? as soon as he put his eye mask on no-one could tell he was an elephant!

Shambler - I read Marianne Dreams when I was a nipper, very scary indeed. The sequel was called Marianne and Mark (I think), not sure what it was about...
19/09/2002 at 01:49
oops that should be undercover elephant...!
19/09/2002 at 08:14
The Adventures of Lizzie Dripping or something like that

Parsley- was there a sequel to Marianne Dreams & did you ever see Escape into night (really scary adaptation of marianne dreams)

Children of the Stones

Cheggers plays pop (really bad)
19/09/2002 at 13:01
Nick, I don't remember seeing Escape into the Night.

Definitely remember the book though.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
121 to 135 of 135 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.