On The Wagon For January

33,601 to 33,620 of 34,306 messages
21/01/2012 at 15:17

Happy Birthday, Mummy Pink!!

Well done, all you wagonners! Day 21 already - before you know it, January will be over

We are out at a friend's house this evening for a Burns' Supper. I can tell you with absolute certainty that I won't be drinking any whisky! (even the smell of it makes me retch and has done since I was a slip of a lass, so have never been tempted to drink it). A nice cup of tea will do me (rock and roll or what?)

21/01/2012 at 19:52
Evening all, had a pleasant LSR this morning even if the rain hammered down about 4 miles from home.

Been to the pub to watch Liverpool get thrashed....drank blackcurrant squash to the amusement of my usual drinking crowd !

Missus now having a glass of vino, im having a green tea

Tomorrow i am running with a neighbour then we're having a boxing session with gloves and pads ( did it last two sundays and its tough ! )

My next test is the Semi Final on Weds ( liverpool v Man City ) which also coincides with the actual Burns Night.... i might just have to dangle one foot off the side of the wagon then !!!!

Happy Dry evening all
22/01/2012 at 15:26

Afternoon

I did actually have apint last night to celebrate my two trophies which on the one hand I got because the club is so small but on the other if I hadn't got of my arse and pedalled i wouldn't have them at all now would I?  I have done this so many years I have nothing to prove any more but will stay on for the rest of the ride now no special occassions coming up 

40 miles on the bike today and it was glorious - bright, dry and cool enough so you weren't cold but didn't over heat - quite lumpy for me as well

22/01/2012 at 18:14
Speed session with neighbour today followed by 45 mins with boxing gloves and pads. That was hard work.

Now shattered and thinking seriously about bed !

Happy dry day all
22/01/2012 at 18:18

Well I enjoyed my few glasses of SB last night but I'm back on for the rest of the week.  I had a disproportionately thick head this morning for the amount of SB consumed.  I don't get hangovers usually so it was a nast shock.

Mummy Pink enjoyed her party and I think a good time was had by all   She was asking after you ST and said thank you for the birthday wishes.

IronCat5    pirate
22/01/2012 at 20:03

Glad she enjoyed it TP.

Windy bike yesterday, and today was son's 4th bday, including hosting a party at home with 14 kids. I almost broke, but went out for 8 miles instead. Halo still in place, but future hangover from hell booked at some point .

23/01/2012 at 12:04
Fell off wagon post funeral on friday but back on today, so that's positive. Lots of stuff north of the border over the weekend, happily good in the main despite circumstances. Need to step up a gear on weight loss, alcohol reducition, mileage increase as just 7 weeks to New Orleans mara and first big run of the year. Excited or scared? not sure. jaggy et al...look forward to next time
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
23/01/2012 at 19:53

I was off the waggon yesterday too - hubby's birthday. Don't think the lamb in Guinness sauce counts? But the wine's a whole different matter!  

Back on tonight - except I just baked another stout cake. Dark beer makes the moistest yummiest  chocolate cake ever! Need to feed the tri club gang tomorrow night after swim training.

IronCat5    pirate
24/01/2012 at 22:28
Still on the wagon. Another undrunk bottle of wine here in the hotel room....
24/01/2012 at 22:35
Great Wagon dedication there Cat5. Still no desire to slurp here either but will have a couple of glasses on Fri night when LOML comes for the weekend. We are out Sat & Sun so I will be driving.

I am starting to worry that I might turn into an occasional drinker as in somebody who only drinks on special occasions. Eek!
jaggy...    pirate
26/01/2012 at 21:38

Bonsoir - sorry we didn't hook up SC - we can meet up at the Anglesey race......

26/01/2012 at 21:42
<thunk>  That's me falling off the Wagon tonight.  I had a tough week and just felt like a couple of glasses of wine.
IronCat5    pirate
26/01/2012 at 21:44

They're going in to storage for 1st Feb TP!

Once I get the taste again.....though I may try to get to mid Feb.

26/01/2012 at 21:44
Monsieur Jaggy, you have a sense of humour. TP, yer in guid company!
26/01/2012 at 22:12

The company is always guid on this thread

I've only one night out planned for Feb and it's my turn to drive so the good work will continue.

I'm in Glasgow/Edinburgh last week in Feb so I may have to celebrate that.  I'm visiting a couple of cute and cuddly residents of the monochrome variety.

26/01/2012 at 22:23
I'm still on. Went out last night - had a couple of non alcohol beers - the Becks ones. Was amused to read on the label "Remember to drink responsibly" umm thought I was!
Going to carry on to 5th Feb after Pilgrims challenge when I will deserve a drink!
27/01/2012 at 12:45
I'm aiming for controlled intake Fri/Sat and rest if week off in normal weeks from now on. Almost down to running weight with 5 weeks to New Orleans marathon so weight should be right even if speed isn't
27/01/2012 at 22:21

*peeks in*

Ooh hello all.  Good to see the Wagon rolling again

Hope everyone's doing ok 

28/01/2012 at 15:11

Afternoon

The one pint was just hat all rolling nicely again now - and only 3 and a bit days to go.  I seem to have lost the taste but will play it by ear after 31st its the drinking at home I want to keep stopped - besides it makes me a much cheaper date

jaggy...    pirate
30/01/2012 at 18:37

Wagon deadline day approaches

Well done all wagoners

I've been no angel.............

But I never am!

Edited: 30/01/2012 at 18:38
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.