On The Wagon For January

33,821 to 33,840 of 34,606 messages
08/01/2012 at 13:16
Morning you madgeness! Managed 8 miles in a shambling format this morning and quite happy to have done so. Joined a couple of January challenges with one on here and one called Jantastic just so I can be held to account. Also playing with two stone off thread as that's what I've got to lose by April. Happily, well on the way.  Lovely day here in Wales and trust all having a good Sunday. Just going to check out the fit on some uniforms for later
08/01/2012 at 14:15

I try my best to be perfect at everything

Whether I succeed or not is another matter entirely!

Well done, all you wagonners and to anyone who fell off - climb back on! Lots of hands reaching out to help  you clamber back up. 

08/01/2012 at 16:34
Afternoon All,

Managed to stay on Wagon last night, ran 8 miles this morning mixture of road & trail, got home and felt so full of beans that i decided to mow the lawn (i am ill)

My mother and children are amazed - That must be a bad sign ??!!

Think i'll make myself another fruit tea

A dark storm is looming though :-

Sherlock - Can i watch without a nice glass of red ????

08/01/2012 at 19:22
If you really want to Monty Had my biggest ever Tae Kwon Do class tonight so felt like celebrating, however I'll hang on in there! Early morning run tomorrow methinks and must stave off the munchies tonight!
09/01/2012 at 19:16
I did Sherlock Dry ! ( ooo-er ! )

Rest day today, just pouring a lemon & lime squash
09/01/2012 at 19:36
Squeezed in a 6.25 on the dreadmill at 10.5kph ave...uuuurrrrgggghhh! Big challenge tonight: Crib match a t'pub and me on soda water....sure it'll be a scream for the rest of the team as I've been known to partake of a sherbert or two with m'cards!
09/01/2012 at 20:05
Oops - unexpected catch-up with an old friend led me to a pint of Staropramen this evening. Wasn't ready, or expecting to be tempted....

Hey ho - the good news is it was only one, I went straight back to Lime and Soda afterwards, and am not going to beat myself up about it.

YP
09/01/2012 at 20:06

Still not even the slightest thought of falling off here which is bemusing me slightly, I should at least have been fancying a nice chilled glass of SB by now.

Wonder if I've been kidnapped by aliens and replaced by one of them who's not studied my usual habits too closely .....

09/01/2012 at 20:12
YP - Its not the end of the world fella.

TP - Even my work colleagues are now concerned !

Slugs another mouthful of squash - Ho Hum
09/01/2012 at 20:25

Day 9 and going strong, although after 9 days on the wagon I have a headache worthy of a seroius binge!

Monty - no, it was Saints thumping Quins. Very enjoyable too even without the beer.

YP - just a minor blip - wouldnt even think about it.

Stay strong folks...

09/01/2012 at 20:31
Well Done FF

I have another Liverpool v City (Semi Final) to get through on TV....then Saracens v Biarritz at Vicarage Road on sunday.

Fortunately i will have my 13 yr old daughter reminding me how good i am being !!!!

Another cube of ice for that blackcurrant, sir??
IronCat5    pirate
09/01/2012 at 20:56
Tickled Pink wrote (see)

Still not even the slightest thought of falling off here which is bemusing me slightly, I should at least have been fancying a nice chilled glass of SB by now.

Wonder if I've been kidnapped by aliens and replaced by one of them who's not studied my usual habits too closely .....

Same here.

Strange thing is I didn't have a huge boozed up Christmas as I was ill. So the wagonned January isn't really needed....but I'm not finding it an issue at all.

09/01/2012 at 21:14
I was the same Cat5.  I didn't have much over Christmas as I was driving early next morning and then I spent all NY throwing up with an inner ear infection so sips of water was about the stretch of it.   Yet already I find myself thinking I might carry this on into February .......
09/01/2012 at 21:17

OMG !!!!!

The wagon is still rolling and what a great sight to see )

Hope all you wagon folk are fit and well,been on the wagon for 5 days and all is fine.Just entered my local Duathlon at the start of March and training started in anger Yesterday.

Moonshine anyone ??

Sorry !!!

Apple juice anyone ??

jaggy...    pirate
09/01/2012 at 22:22
Which duathlon Scottish?
09/01/2012 at 22:33
Great... 2 rounds of soda water...how come I can only drink 2 soda waters yet vast amounts more beer? Strange phenomenon that methinks. Welll done all you wagon peeps, keep up the good work. Christmas was very fluid and so liver and kidneys very glad of the respite.
jaggy...    pirate
09/01/2012 at 22:36
Ah TC must be your Celtic roots! In a fit of madness I'm thinking about the Anglesey Coastal Challenge in August if it happens. Have you done it?
10/01/2012 at 08:43
Morning, and welcome to Day 10

I still have no desire to try alcohol, still can't smell it without getting the distinctive aroma of vinegar, so no point in me even trying to sip it! I think in the last 8 months I have had, in total, three glasses of champagne/prosecco and each of them took me at least an hour to drink (the record is five hours for one glass!). Lightweight! LD has given up alcohol for January as part of her bid to get fitter and lighter. I'm really pleased that she's doing it as it will encourage her to lead a healthier lifestyle once she drops a few pounds.
10/01/2012 at 10:31
No Mr Jag, not done but might be tempted. Will do some research. Used to "Cover" Anglesey in a previous life and can advise it's a wee bit windy on a calm day and not much shelter round most of the coast.
Morning St, how's the fire doing and what's brewing....yearning some flapjacks, muffins, waffles and any other banned substance during weight loss weekdays!
10/01/2012 at 11:29

Jag - It's the lanakshire sprint 4th March at Strathclyde park 5K 20K 5K but its a good start to 2012

what you got planned for this year ??

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.