On The Wagon For January

33,841 to 33,860 of 34,606 messages
jaggy...    pirate
10/01/2012 at 13:38
Doing the Scottish mountain biking orienteering championships, a few road bike sportives, a few adventure races, a 100 mile mountain bike race and maybe a running staged race as mentioned to SC.

That looks like a good race you've entered. Multi sport races are the way forward!!
10/01/2012 at 13:57
3 MARATHONS OVER 3 DAYS.....And I thought I was mad!
10/01/2012 at 13:58
Nice to see the thread Daddy back in here - how's it going, Scottish? Long time, no speak.
10/01/2012 at 16:24

ST - All going to plan I think, trying to keep fit in my old age but unfortunately its getting harder and harder

This getting old is hard work but the lager always makes me smile

What about yourself ??

10/01/2012 at 17:03

Been pretty ill, getting better slowly.

Ageing happens - just let it!.

10/01/2012 at 20:00

Evening

Hello SH

10 so more or less a third of the way in - not too much of a wrench some years it is some years it isn't

10/01/2012 at 21:16

ST - Sorry to hear that, fight on !! I'm fighting the age thing but failing at present

Maddy - Good to see your still around, how you getting on ?

jaggy...    pirate
10/01/2012 at 23:03

Playing a gig on Saturday so had our first practice in months tonight - great fun!  Another practice tomorrow and we'll be ready for the Centre Court

10/01/2012 at 23:45

I am going to have to abandon this wagon thing

it's definitely not happening for me this year

10/01/2012 at 23:50
Sometimes we are just not in the right frame of mind for it MF.
11/01/2012 at 08:34
I think going on holiday for a week with a bunch of cyclists won't help...... especially if last year is anything to go by
12/01/2012 at 07:20

MF - why not just cut down instead of beating yourself up about stopping completely? I agree with TP, you need the right frame of mind. 

I've stayed on this week with no more temptation but will be having a planned step off tonight.  A friend is coming for dinner who lost her husband suddenly. They moved to Spain but she's now had to come back to live in the UK and we haven't seen her for years. A bottle of wine with the roast lamb is called for.

Waggons roll everyone.

12/01/2012 at 09:36

MF I'm with SD, stay on the wagon, enjoy the banter, and accept where you are. I like the thread, encouragement, banter and motivation to cut down at least. Joined a wee while back and never done the full month thing. There's quite a few things happen to tempt and sometimes with good reason so why not go with the flow and hang around a bit longer
Off to visit the leeches to give an armful for the first time since summer so they'll be getting some alcohol fre platelets today

12/01/2012 at 09:58

Goodness, yes, the Wagon Train isn't just about trying to abstain for January, it's about a bunch of forum mates having a laugh, giving support where needed, sometimes even chatting about running (heaven forfend).

I am off to see a matinee performance of Ghost the Musical with three old university friends, followed by a meal in Chinatown. I think there might be quite a bit of reminiscing going on!

12/01/2012 at 10:22
Hmmmm that should be interesting ST, be interested to read how you think it translates/transfers to the stage. Review please! (Nothing to beat a good reminisce) Catch up later
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
13/01/2012 at 06:30
Must admit I succumbed last night at dog club and had a hot mulled wine - it was freezing out on the training field, there was a nasty biting wind blowing while we were working the dogs. First really cold weather we've had, I actually had ice on the car windows this morning for the first time all winter. Temps predicted to be well below zero over the weekend, but still no snow.
IronCat5    pirate
13/01/2012 at 08:29

No Erdinger when Mrs Cat5 went shopping, so A N Other form of 0% lager bought. It's all pretty shocking stuff, but I can pretend it's real.

It's nice waking up with a clear head.

13/01/2012 at 10:00
howdy all. I'm still on the wagon yippee, might try to abstain for longer, help with the pennies as well

had my first counselling session last night, it was good. off out with my parents today, on a mission to find this elusive bliddy waistcoat for a mad hatters costume. not much to ask, specific colour, specific size and for hardly any money LOL

hope all are having fun
13/01/2012 at 13:53
Spin class last night and just 2 mile run but the fastest two miles for 18 months so not all bad. Went for a curry last night and the waiter (Who might just know us) had the beer on the table as we sat down. What's a boy to do? So I did the right thing, drank it and then had no more. Such resolve Couldn't hurt his feelings could I?
13/01/2012 at 20:32

Certainly not TC ... you need to be changing  your name back SC ... tinsel was due down over a week ago!

Day 14 for me and still not even vaguely tempted.  I bought 5 bottles of SB at lunchtime for gifts and then a wine order arrived in the afternoon so I had an office like a branch of Oddbins.

This is too easy this year .... I'm beginning to worry.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.